Friday, August 18, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: RideAndHover
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1960

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 47
Total: 48
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: TOY4WD > Home

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday July 28th, 2017!
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday July 28th, 2017!
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday July 28th, 2017! Reply with quote

In 2014, we had another meet and greet at my old restaurant and hotel in Tempe.

Here is a link to that event:
http://azfj.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9763&highlight=azfj+meet+greet

Here is the link to the event in 2015
http://azfj.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10953&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Here was the video we showed at the dinner in 2014
www.youtube.com/playli...4gphc_0QrY

And here was the video from 2015

It was a great time to meet folks you didn't know, see each others trucks, socialize etc...

We ended up having over 50 trucks and nearly 100 people and was a great time!

We have had so many new members recently, and some of the vets have faded a little bit that I think its time for another meet and greet to reconnect!

So, here is what I propose:

WHAT
Meet and greet at Sheraton Four Points South Mountain (Ahwatukee) for dinner.

ALL MAKES OF TRUCKS ARE WELCOME

Friday Night - July 28
6:15pm start
Buffet served ($19 Inclusive for adults, $8 for kids) - cash is required and staff to collect at the event. Payment is due at the door for dinner

$65 rate for those that want to stay over

This will also allow those that want to come from Tucson/Flag a chance to enjoy as well and stay over if needed.

We will block off a section of the BACK dirt parking lot so we can all pose and gawk at our trucks together. It will be directly in the back of the hotel to the west, behind the meeting space of the hotel.

The hotel is right off the I-10 off Elliott rd, just to the east
www.fourpointsphoenixsouth.com/

We also have numerous ways that we connect with each other now - the Facebook page, the forum, Group Me, etc...

Please ensure you share the Meet and Greet info with your friends (not just here) so we can gather as many like minded individuals as possible!

WHAT #2
Additionally, we will do a wheeling adventure for Crown King for Saturday July 29th to make it worthwhile for the folks from Tucson/Flag to come up...and I PROMISE I wont get stuck this time Smile

As always, Glider will help me lead as we will most likely have a large group.

We will leave the airdown spot at 9:00am (follow Castle Hot Springs Rd off Carefree Hwy and there is a designated air down spot). With a bunch of rigs would probably take us 5 hours to get to town and get there around mid-afternoon and you can have a meal at the Saloon or Mill for those that are interested.

Afterwards, those that want to can camp or stay in the whorehouse saloon in town.
Or, those that want can go back the normal way via I-17

official run info here
azfj.org/index.php?nam...688#222688

IN FOR DINNER ON FRIDAY 7/28 (+ how many people?)
Zzmikey +2
Grinder +1
2Screws + 1 (child)
SafetyHooker +1
Travis Farley +1
Glider +1
Carol and Jake
Eric +1
CeeBliss
Mark Ryan
Ray +1
Sonoran Steve +1
Azcruiser +2 (1 child)
PazzoFJ +2 (1 child)
Chris Roberts
Jag + 2 (1 child)
GS Chick
Jimbolio +1
Kelly Austin +2
Nancy + Bob
Velociraptor +1
Sub4FJ
Dange Bertoldo +1
Chris Parr
4Gauge+1
Blacksh33p +1
Grumpysonne
Chris Parr
The Russian +4 (Liz and kids)
Duner +1
Blender
Shooter +1
Microbe
Noxious +1
Toyota Rex +1
Wildbill
AZFJ4ak +1
Dravur +1
Tuffy +1
Mick +1
Wikid +1
Splagg +1 child
Sl33p3r +1
Gustavo
K9OL +1
Climon1
JKAZFJ
CrazyJohn
Santiago +3
AZFJRay +1
Kyle Wright
EvaJax +1
Les +1
Teeko +1
Mike Gilmore
Kevin Sellers
Doug Vachon
John Fought
Corwin +1
ff46 +1
Alicia Bass Castillo +1
Ray Geiser +1
Andrew Olson
Ratfink +1
Toyo22r +1
BucketBoy
Travis Farley
Gunner Moose
Mike Gilmore
Kyle Wright
1Louder+1

MAYBE
Santiago
ShamWow
Jaason
Robert Weintraub
MrVtx

HOTEL ROOM
Grumpysonne
Toyotarex
AZFJ4ak
Dange Bertoldo
Maltajoe
Splagg
CrazyJohn
Alicia Bass
Ray Geiser
Ratfink

MISC ADDITIONAL INFO

General Info
There will be blocked off parking for all our trucks - It will be right in the BACK parking lot so we can all pose and gawk at our trucks together. It will be directly in the back of the hotel to the west, behind the meeting space of the hotel.
First Come, First serve. After dinner, it was fun for everyone to go outside and look at each other's rigs, check everything out. Was like a mini car show Smile

When you get there, walk into the hotel and go towards the Ballroom. There will be a check-in registration desk. Please pay for you and your party.
IT IS CASH ONLY.
Please come prepared, there is an ATM if you need it in the hotel.

Ballroom opens at 6pm and food is served at 6:15pm

At the registration desk, you will also get a name tag - please ensure you pick it up so others can identify who you are. The whole point of this event is to "Meet and Greet" each other. Try to find someone new that you haven't hung out with before as opposed to gravitating to the same group you normally do.

Also at the registration desk there will be stickers and t-shirts for sale, and possibility of raffle tickets (we are working on Sponsorships).

We are looking at a charitable component of this and donating proceeds from sticker, t-shirt, and raffle sales. Probably to the Crown King Fire Dept again (since we are up there so much) and we could even present them with cash the next day. Or, we can make a contribution to the AZHOVC.

Stickers
We will have AZFJ Stickers at the event. They will cost $5 each. 100% of the proceeds will goto charity

T-shirts
In Process... more to come

AZFJ Video
Please submit your pictures and videos from the past year. We will be compiling and creating a video that we will show at the dinner. A great opportunity to be "immortalized" in film Smile

As a reminder, here is the thread of how/where to post. Lets get those pics and videos in!
azfj.org/index.php?nam...ic&t=12439

Crown King Run
As a reminder, here is the specific thread with all the info. Please sign up if you havent yet
azfj.org/index.php?nam...ic&t=11187

Raffle/Sponsorship
More info to come on this. Dont want it to be the focus of the event or get crazy like the summit, but there may be a few things up for grabs. Hold tight as more info comes.

"New England Patriots - 2017 Superbowl Champs!"

Last edited by zzmikey on Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:53 am; edited 55 times in total
Grinder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday July 28th, 2017! Reply with quote

In for this and the Crown King Run (check your date on this post Razz )

glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday July 28th, 2017! Reply with quote

In bitches

azfj owners are the best
AZCruiser
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday July 28th, 2017! Reply with quote

We're in for the Meet and Greet (2 adults, one child) and possibly the Crown King Run. Will know better when it gets closer.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday July 28th, 2017! Reply with quote

Jimbolio + 1

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday July 28th, 2017! Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
Jimbolio + 1

the Great Jimbolio is coming!

Velociraptor
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday July 28th, 2017! Reply with quote

Velociraptor + 1 and CK run

Last edited by Velociraptor on Fri May 12, 2017 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sub4FJ
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday July 28th, 2017! Reply with quote

In for the meet and greet and CK. Thanks for putting this together again Mike.

zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday July 28th, 2017! Reply with quote

Sub4FJ wrote:
In for the meet and greet and CK. Thanks for putting this together again Mike.

I can always count on our once per year reunion with each other Scott Smile

Sub4FJ
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday July 28th, 2017! Reply with quote

Sorry that I have been absent more than present the past two years. Life has been busy and time goes by just too fast. But it will be great to see you again.

4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday July 28th, 2017! Reply with quote

I'll be there and Caroline as well unless she has to be out of town for work (sometimes it's short notice).

Not sure about the CK run, we'll have to see when the time comes, we have a ton of stuff going on, just don't want to miss the dinner Smile

Will there be a raffle? Maybe I can win something dangerous again. Smile

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday July 28th, 2017! Reply with quote

4GaugeSurprise wrote:
I'll be there and Caroline as well unless she has to be out of town for work (sometimes it's short notice).

Not sure about the CK run, we'll have to see when the time comes, we have a ton of stuff going on, just don't want to miss the dinner Smile

Will there be a raffle? Maybe I can win something dangerous again. Smile
Like a screwdriver....lol

Hi marc

azfj owners are the best
BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday July 28th, 2017! Reply with quote

In tentative for both dinner and run. Myself and maybe one more person. Won't know till we get wayyyyy closer

B1ackSh33p
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday July 28th, 2017! Reply with quote

BlackSheep is in with it's usual pilot and co-pilot. Our passengers are too cool to join us these days. We can list them as 2 maybe's. Teenagers.......sheesh!

Helluva ride to the Dark Side!
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday July 28th, 2017! Reply with quote

B1ackSh33p wrote:
BlackSheep is in with it's usual pilot and co-pilot. Our passengers are too cool to join us these days. We can list them as 2 maybe's. Teenagers.......sheesh!

I hear ya Danny!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: