Saturday, October 20, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Sequoiacrawler
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2058

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 138
Total: 139
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: 4GaugeSurprise > Home

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › General Discussion › ACTIVE Arizona Fires
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
ACTIVE Arizona Fires
This forum is for general topics concerning the AZFJ community that do not fit in the other sections. This is not your offtopic rant forum. Please be respectful and keep it clean.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexGeneral Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: ACTIVE Arizona Fires Reply with quote

Burro fire is now at 5,000+ acres

Redington Road and Mt Lemmon Highway closures

Incident: Burro Fire Wildfire
Released: 1:10 hrs. ago
Redington Road closed from milepost 2 to 14 due to Burro Fire. Please avoid the area.
UPDATE: Mt Lemmon Hwy is now closed from the base to the Palisades area (MP 20).

Visit the Pima county Sheriff's Department Facebook Page for updates on these closures: www.facebook.com/pimasheriff/

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: ACTIVE Arizona Fires Reply with quote

Burro fire now 14,000 acres
Redington Rd Closed,
Mount Lemmon HWY closed
Back way up Mount Lemmon Closed
Summer Haven being evaculated.

Same Type1 incident management team that did the Pinal Fire and the Sawmill Fire. I think that makes them familiar with our region.

Another cool night shot

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
azflycaster
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: ACTIVE Arizona Fires Reply with quote

It sucks when fire devastates an area that we liked to frequent a lot but over 21 years out here I realize that forces me to explore new areas. Arizona is a huge state Smile

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: ACTIVE Arizona Fires Reply with quote

This fire is literally a stone's throw away from Chimney Rock right now. .33 of a mile.

nifc.maps.arcgis.com/a...50ddb23bb8

That whole riparian area is threatened. Sad

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: ACTIVE Arizona Fires Reply with quote

And it's burned over Chimney Rock. Sad

RESTRICTED AREA:
All National Forest System lands, roads and trails north of and including Reddington Pass Road (NFS 371), east of and including Mt. Lemmon Highway (NFS Rd 833) to the Arizona National Scenic Trail, north of the Arizona National Scenic Trail and Romero Canyon to the Catalina State Park boundary, east of the Catalina State Park boundary and western Forest boundary, south of the Pima/Pinal County line and west of the eastern Forest Boundary.. The closure area includes National Forest System lands located within Tl IS, Rl4E; Tl lS, R15E; Tl lS, Rl6E; Tl IS, Rl7E; Tl2S, Rl4E; T12S, Rl5E; Tl2S, R16E; T12S, R17E; Tl3S. Rl5E; Tl3S, Rl6E, and TBS, Rl7E.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: ACTIVE Arizona Fires Reply with quote

Burro Fire Interactive Map.

Sadly, Chimney rock has been overrun.
You can see the fire along Redington Road near the ATV staging area.

nifc.maps.arcgis.com/a...50ddb23bb8

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: ACTIVE Arizona Fires Reply with quote

tanman
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: ACTIVE Arizona Fires Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
Burro fire now 14,000 acres
Redington Rd Closed,
Mount Lemmon HWY closed
Back way up Mount Lemmon Closed
Summer Haven being evaculated.

Same Type1 incident management team that did the Pinal Fire and the Sawmill Fire. I think that makes them familiar with our region.

Another cool night shot

Speaking of the familiar Pinal Fire, it appears the USFS has run out of matches to keep it burning. They now seem to be taking an unorthodox approach to "rehabilitation". It looks like they're clearing the scorched earth areas down to bare ground for maximum erosion. Insuring the topsoil relocates elsewhere downstream after it rains doesn't sound like a good plan for reforestation or protection for residents below.

What do you think?

Larger view:
www.azfj.org/modules/c...7/pfc.jpeg

REVISED 07/05/2017:

Today the scope of the latest phase of this USFS project is a little clearer.

They aren't clearing the burned areas, they are literally BURYING THE EVIDENCE. They are dropping loads of dirt on it by helicopter.

This was senseless destruction from the beginning, in May. A couple of dumps of dirt THEN would have been the end of it.

Instead, the forest is ruined for decades and the cost of inflicting that damage continues to grow by the day.

If the USFS added a bit of the green feed and seed to the dirt at least the area would LOOK green, but noooooo Rolling Eyes

Last edited by tanman on Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:52 pm; edited 4 times in total
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: ACTIVE Arizona Fires Reply with quote

What I think is I'm glad the Type 1 Incident Management team finished up the Pinal fire when they did so they could work on THIS Burro fire and save Summerhaven, like they saved Globe.

azflycaster
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: ACTIVE Arizona Fires Reply with quote

Talk about a total ass hat! This guy needs to be caught. Who knows what he may have done?
ktar.com/story/1643891...no-county/

tanman
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: ACTIVE Arizona Fires Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
What I think is I'm glad the Type 1 Incident Management team finished up the Pinal fire when they did so they could work on THIS Burro fire and save Summerhaven, like they saved Globe.

Excuse me for shining the truth here again but while Summerhaven might need saving, Globe and the Pinal Mountains needed to be left alone. If the USFS didn't want to bother putting out the small lightning strike fire they could have called Tri City Fire department in Globe to run a few guys and a truck up there. End of story.

Rolling Eyes
tanman
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: ACTIVE Arizona Fires Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:

Actually Jimbolio you've crossed the line. Saying Globe was "saved" by your USFS is a LIE.

Consider a homeowner with a cooking fire on his stove he is unable to put out. He calls the fire department. When they arrive and consider the neighborhood they think the lots should be bigger to avoid THE POSSIBILITY of fires jumping from house to house. So they throw gas on the house and let it burn down, removing it. Then they spray the home owner with water as he flees telling him he should be grateful they SAVED him.

The lightning strike was the fire on the stove.

I've posted using the exact language spewed by USFS regarding their plan to burn our forest here. May 8 was their "opportunity". My information came from both their public meetings and Inciweb. I've posted pictures taken as close as civilians are allowed of the devastation that resulted from this USFS plan for the Tonto forest.

I challenge any AJFJ non members to take a drive over here on US60. Have lunch. Taste the finest green chili burros money can buy at Burger House in Miami. If you think you like hot Mexican food do the Carne Adovada at J&Rs El Rey in Globe.

Then look at the damage done to the Pinal Mountains by the intentional burning of the USFS. Continue down US77 toward Winkelman to see the backside where that famous lightning bolt struck. Yeah, it's not much to look at. Try to figure out how anything but arson could cause what you see on the north face of the mountain, and explain how much better off the area is for it.

Then tell me the USFS saved us.

Try and give us a spin based on evidence Jim. Try and defend the indefensible using it's results.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: ACTIVE Arizona Fires Reply with quote

You win. You obviously have far more experience and intelligence on this issue than I do.

Contrary to what you believe, I do not work for the forest service, as such have no impact on how they operate.

If you really want to express your opinion effectively, I would call the Tonto forest ranger.
www.fs.usda.gov/detail...ev3_018938

tanman
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: ACTIVE Arizona Fires Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
You win. You obviously have far more experience and intelligence on this issue than I do.

Contrary to what you believe, I do not work for the forest service, as such have no impact on how they operate.

If you really want to express your opinion effectively, I would call the Tonto forest ranger.
www.fs.usda.gov/detail...ev3_018938

As far as intelligence or experience regarding the Pinal Fire you've done nothing more than spout lies that evidence refutes. It's time to stop.

I LIVE HERE.

Don't talk bullshit about what I have to look at and deal with day in and day out. Don't lie about what I watched with my own eyes. Don't lie about the documented facts from Inciweb, and the facts that this burn was PLANNED and executed by the USFS. Day after day Inciweb reported on their continued burning. If you refuse to be honest and continue to post bullshit on here I will continue to call you out on it.

As far as contacting USFS I watched and listened to them BRAG about what they had done ... in person. I watched them ignore being called out on lies and just move along to their next talking point. There is no expressing an opinion effectively to this government agency without a lawyer.

However we CAN all share our opinions effectively here can't we.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: ACTIVE Arizona Fires Reply with quote

Nope, sorry, I'm done with you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: