Tuesday, June 27, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Mrjoel326
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1943

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 29
Total: 29
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Land Use › NEW Friends of Reddington Pass Info!!!
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
NEW Friends of Reddington Pass Info!!!
Meetings, access issues, cleanups, news, land use info.
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rovnrev
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: NEW Friends of Reddington Pass Info!!! Reply with quote

November 2nd Meet & Greet in Redington Pass
FRP Meet and Greet Page

Forrest Service Action Plan...there are some detailed maps with additons and closures listed.
rovnrev
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: NEW Friends of Reddington Pass Info!!! Reply with quote

Here is an HTML copy of their newsletter.

Newsletter hosted on google drive
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: NEW Friends of Reddington Pass Info!!! Reply with quote

Looks like they are cutting some new trail on the Chimney Rock run, and closing a little bit. (Just routing around the horse pasture)

They are NOT recommending closure of the spur that leads to Chiva Falls to my surprise.

They are recommending to close the Ruin bypass road, which looked like a GREAT camping spot. It also appears they are completely closing the wash up to the boulder area near Chiva .4405-10.34R-1 I would be opposed to that.

There's NO place to camp up in there now.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: NEW Friends of Reddington Pass Info!!! Reply with quote

FRP wrote:
Don't miss the opportunity to meet up with Friends of Redington Pass, representatives from the Coronado National Forest and Arizona Game and Fish Department, OHV Ambassadors, and other recreational users of the Pass.

When: Saturday, November 2nd, 8:00am - 5:00pm

Where: Up Redington Road in the Coronado National Forest, a half mile east of the Lower Tanque Verde Falls Trailhead.
Learn more about what is happening in Redington Pass
Tell us about your favorite place in the Pass
Pick up a litter bag to clean up while you recreate
Fill up your water bottle
We look forward to seeing you there!

Pass it on,
Kirk Emerson
President, FRP

WHO FROM THE TUCSON CREW WILL COME WITH ME? LAST APRIL IT WAS JUST ME and 30 Jeeps!

I'm thinking getting there 1st before the million Quads/Sidebysides/jeeps and other stuff.

Rally at the Circle K at 07:30. Then we'll tool around a bit, head back down to eat someplace. (I know a place)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
deaz
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: NEW Friends of Reddington Pass Info!!! Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
FRP wrote:
Don't miss the opportunity to meet up with Friends of Redington Pass, representatives from the Coronado National Forest and Arizona Game and Fish Department, OHV Ambassadors, and other recreational users of the Pass.

When: Saturday, November 2nd, 8:00am - 5:00pm

Where: Up Redington Road in the Coronado National Forest, a half mile east of the Lower Tanque Verde Falls Trailhead.
Learn more about what is happening in Redington Pass
Tell us about your favorite place in the Pass
Pick up a litter bag to clean up while you recreate
Fill up your water bottle
We look forward to seeing you there!

Pass it on,
Kirk Emerson
President, FRP

WHO FROM THE TUCSON CREW WILL COME WITH ME? LAST APRIL IT WAS JUST ME and 30 Jeeps!

I'm thinking getting there 1st before the million Quads/Sidebysides/jeeps and other stuff.

Rally at the Circle K at 07:30. Then we'll tool around a bit, head back down to eat someplace. (I know a place)

I have a commitment at 7:30 so can't do it that early. I also have a cousin in town, if we decide to head out that way, I'll make it a point to stop, just can't guarantee a time.
TrAiLbUs1
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: NEW Friends of Reddington Pass Info!!! Reply with quote

I'll be up on Mt Lemmon, I'm glad to hear the closures aren't too bad. This is the second rerouting around the horse pastures on chimney..used to be the mud bogs. The boulder play area on Chiva isn't a trail in the first place..unless I'm not understanding correctly.

Maltajo
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: NEW Friends of Reddington Pass Info!!! Reply with quote

Jimbolio, is Your rig back on the road?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: NEW Friends of Reddington Pass Info!!! Reply with quote

No, I had to take it back to the shop, it still isn't charging. The dashboard is lit up like an XMAS tree, and the speedo/odo are not working. I'm about to give up.

TrAiLbUs1 wrote:
I'll be up on Mt Lemmon, I'm glad to hear the closures aren't too bad. This is the second rerouting around the horse pastures on chimney..used to be the mud bogs. The boulder play area on Chiva isn't a trail in the first place..unless I'm not understanding correctly.

The wash that we usually stop in for lunch, and the one we ran that night over to the boulder play area - whole thing slotted for closure.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: NEW Friends of Reddington Pass Info!!! Reply with quote

FJ reactor running at 110%. Ready for a romp.

I'm definitely heading up there at 7:30 or so. I think Malta Jo and I are going. I'm planning a short side trip to a spot that's slated for closure so that malta can see it one time.

We might have to hike it, I don't know.

Anyone else IN? Cameron?

Maltajo
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: NEW Friends of Reddington Pass Info!!! Reply with quote

I'll be there with my hiking boots on!
See you in the morning!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
Maltajo
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: NEW Friends of Reddington Pass Info!!! Reply with quote

Yeeeaaaaooooooo!
Had a great morning of wheelin with Jimbolio and the "New and improved" Precious!
We met early and hit up The Friends of Redington Pass tent on the way in. Nice folks. A little hard nosed on what they said was "proposed" to happen, but that was expected. There was wheelin to be done so we didn't stay long. Jimbo led the way down to one of the proposed closing, near "Italian Trap" (?). Found some killer camping spots that should be utilized this season for sure.
Jimbo had family plans so we didn't trail for long. He headed back south on Redington rd. and I headed north to San Maguil. An hour in a half later I found myself on Rt. 77. Redington pass rd. north is a nice seanic way to go if you have to travel north after a good day of wheelin.

Thank you Jimbolio for showing me more of the ropes today.. I'll wheel with you anytime!

Some Pics. Cuz it happened!

s798.photobucket.com/u...n%20110213

Last edited by Maltajo on Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: NEW Friends of Reddington Pass Info!!! Reply with quote

It was fun, on the way home I stopped in at the OHV ambassador trailer (Which wasn't there on the way in) They filled me in on the REAL story of the closures/reroutes in Redington pass.

He said the USFS has no money right now to make new trails to bypass anything. They said it's illegal to drive in a wash, but the G&F dude said if the trail is in the wash, it's not a ticket offense. If you are up a wash that is not a trail, then you can get a ticket. (Was news to me). They also told me that closures are only 'proposed' at this point. yeah, we all know what that means.

A great short wheel up USFS road 37. A blackhawk flew so low we could almost touch it as ti flew up the tanque verde creek.

Found the old closed 4x4 road out of the coral over to chiva. Didn't hike the whole thing but it WAS very pretty.

More to come from the FRP I'm sure.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: NEW Friends of Reddington Pass Info!!! Reply with quote

Got this in Email Today:

Happy New Year from Redington Pass! It's been another busy holiday on the Pass. We hope you have had a chance to get up there and enjoy the great weather, scenic splendor, and backcountry recreation that Redington Pass offers.

In 2013, Friends of Redington Pass (FRP) made major strides in its public education about the Pass. We expanded our website and began more frequent communications through e-newsletters with members. We organized two well-attended Meet and Greets and received positive media coverage on both. The OHV Ambassadors, AZ Game and Fish and AZ Trails Association brought their tents and tables up to join us at the November event. Representatives from the Coronado National Forest (CNF), Pima County Sheriff's office and Saguaro National Park also showed up.

We formalized our relationship with the Catalina Ranger District of CNF through a partnership agreement that enables us to take on more educational and clean-up activities to improve the Pass. We monitored the temporary closures of the three shooting areas that are being cleaned up after years of accumulated debris and contamination. We continued our monthly meetings with agencies to advance coordination of management and enforcement.

We also made a significant organizational decision in November that we want to report. As you all know, Friends of Redington Pass began as an organization dedicated to improving conditions on Redington Pass. Its early membership included local hikers, dirt bikers, horseback riders, hunters, and nearby residents. Initially FRP focused on safety concerns around the shooting areas near Mile Marker 6 and the interests of non-motorized recreationists. Over the past three years, FRP has reached out to all recreational users in the Pass and learned more about its many highly valued resources and diverse recreation interests as well as the persistent challenges to assuring safe, clean, and enjoyable conditions on the Pass now and in the future.

FRP has also learned that in order to meet those challenges, Redington Pass needs a strong inclusive network of all user groups to work alongside CNF and other public agencies. We recognize that we cannot achieve our original mission nor a broader more inclusive one unless we also generate a more proactive interest in the Pass and lean forward to anticipate and advocate for a better future for the Pass. We must work to bring people together for the sake of the Pass and our individual and shared interests.

As a consequence, the FRP Board has expanded its vision, mission statement and objectives as well as the composition of its board to pursue a new role as an umbrella organization for all friends of Redington Pass. We will work together to provide a balanced and open forum to discuss those differences and seek to reach shared goals and strategies together.

We look forward to carrying out this expanded role in the coming year as FRP works in partnership with all recreation and conservation groups along with the Coronado National Forest, AZ Game and Fish, Pima County and other public agencies to achieve the following vision, mission, and priorities.

FRP Vision
Friends of Redington Pass envision protection of the rural backcountry setting of Redington Pass for all recreational and resource users, while providing for public access and management of future diversified recreational growth.

FRP Mission Statement
Friends of Redington Pass (FRP) advocates for the responsible stewardship of the Redington Pass area, balanced recreational and resource uses and the preservation of its ecological, scenic, and cultural resources. FRP seek to brings together representatives from all user groups in furtherance of its objectives and consistent with the 2013 Coronado National Forest Draft Forest Plan Revision.

FRP advocates for:
• Conservation and restoration of sensitive riparian areas along the Tanque Verde Creek, its watershed and wildlife corridors throughout the Pass
• Improved opportunities for dispersed recreational activities on the Pass, assuring clean, natural settings and well-managed motorized and non-motorized uses
• Reductions in unsafe or illegal activities and excessive noise and disturbance throughout Redington Pass

Pass it on,
Kirk Emerson
President, FRP

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: NEW Friends of Reddington Pass Info!!! Reply with quote

Friends of Redington Pass (FRP) will hold a Community Meeting in April to engage the public in a discussion about the future of Redington Pass. FRP will be developing a Collaborative Area Management Plan proposal to submit to the Forest Service for their consideration and would like to hear from you. Please hold this date open and inform your friends and neighbors of the meeting.

WHEN
Monday, April 28, 2014 from 7:00-9:00 pm

WHERE
The Tanque Verde School Board Building, behind Emily Gray Junior High School at the corner of Tanque Verde Road and Tanque Verde Loop Road.

Pass it on,
Kirk Emerson
President, FRP

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: NEW Friends of Reddington Pass Info!!! Reply with quote

REMINDER

WHAT
What Friends of Redington Pass (FRP) will host a Community Meeting to discuss the future of Redington Pass. FRP is developing a Collaborative Area Management Plan proposal to submit to the Forest Service with recommendations on how to improve management of the Pass. The goal of this community meeting is to get input from all those interested in the Pass, from hikers and mountain bikers to hunters and birdwatchers, OHV and ATV riders, target shooters, and horseback riders, nature enthusiasts, and nearby residents.
WHO
Friends of Redington Pass is a non-profit organization representing diverse stakeholder groups and individuals dedicated to responsible stewardship of Redington Pass, balanced recreational and resource uses, and the preservation of its ecological, scenic, and cultural resources.
WHEN
Monday, April 28, 2014 from 7:00-9:00 pm
WHERE
Lew Sorenson Community Center at the Emily Gray Junior High School, 2300 N. Tanque Verde Loop Road (corner of Tanque Verde Road and Tanque Verde Loop Road).
MORE INFO
Email info @ friendsofredingtonpass.org or visit friendsofredingtonpass.org
Pass it on,
Kirk Emerson
President, FRP

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Land Use All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: