Friday, December 14, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: jameswise
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2065

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 70
Total: 71
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: CementGray > Forums

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Classifieds › ISO: OEM Front Spindles.
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
ISO: OEM Front Spindles.
Sell all worldly possessions here. Commercial advertising prohibited, read forum rules.
Go to page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: ISO: OEM Front Spindles. Reply with quote

ISO OEM Front spindles for my 2012 FJ Cruiser. Cheaper the better. Preferably no rust. Not sure if they were different amongst model years.

BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: ISO: OEM Front Spindles. Reply with quote

Or if anyone knows where I can get some for less then dealer prices

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: ISO: OEM Front Spindles. Reply with quote

Rock auto I s always my 1st stop

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: ISO: OEM Front Spindles. Reply with quote

I need OEM spec. Trying to get some spindle gussets but can't have my rig down for a week

glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: ISO: OEM Front Spindles. Reply with quote

Why a week?

I can weld them on for you

BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: ISO: OEM Front Spindles. Reply with quote

Joe @gmgfab said he needed a week to get them welded up right.

FatRat
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: ISO: OEM Front Spindles. Reply with quote

be very careful checking for aftermarket suspension parts for the 2010 and up FJ's. I ordered lower control arms from Rock Auto and they listed all the parts being the same from 2007 to 2014. I ended up having to go to the dealer for the parts as even AutoZone and O'Reilly's said the same thing. 2010 and up are most definitely different than the older models.

Had the same problem with my rack and pinion too.
BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: ISO: OEM Front Spindles. Reply with quote

I'm going to stick with OEM. And although the spindles will be gusseted that's probably going to be the only OEM part of my suspension Smile

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: ISO: OEM Front Spindles. Reply with quote

It would be cheaper to rent a car for a week than buy new spindles.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: ISO: OEM Front Spindles. Reply with quote

^ I was hoping to find some extra laying around. Can't rent a car till I'm 25. Just turned 18. I also don't want to spend the money on a rental. I could probably borrow one of my grandparents cars instead though:). After this suspension is ordered I'll be broke as it gets.

nimrag
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: ISO: OEM Front Spindles. Reply with quote

Might try this place. I have got stuff from them in the past.

fresno-taprecycling.co...ommon/home
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: ISO: OEM Front Spindles. Reply with quote

FatRat wrote:
be very careful checking for aftermarket suspension parts for the 2010 and up FJ's. I ordered lower control arms from Rock Auto and they listed all the parts being the same from 2007 to 2014. I ended up having to go to the dealer for the parts as even AutoZone and O'Reilly's said the same thing. 2010 and up are most definitely different than the older models.

This is what I've heard from everyone about all aftermarket LCA's, not just rock auto. The bushings as well as the shock mounts are not even close. This is why I bought mine from Toyota, the extra cost was immediately recouped in time and effort saved.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
FatRat
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: ISO: OEM Front Spindles. Reply with quote

4GaugeSurprise wrote:
FatRat wrote:

This is what I've heard from everyone about all aftermarket LCA's, not just rock auto. The bushings as well as the shock mounts are not even close. This is why I bought mine from Toyota, the extra cost was immediately recouped in time and effort saved.

With Rock Auto I did the leg work and sent them the Toyota part number for 07-09 and 09-14 so they could see there is a difference, plus sent pictures of the bushings with a tape measure showing the difference. They were really great and immediately acknowledged the error and approved a refund and sent two shipping labels to send them back, even though I was beyond their returns date by two months. They said they would be contacting AC Delco about the error so they can correct it.

With my rack and pinion, they had to actually use my old rack and have it re-manufactured by Phoenix Rack and Axle. The first one they brought out wouldn't work because the bolt holes were too small. I will say one thing though, that damn flutter in the steering is finally gone.

There seems to be a disconnect with the aftermarket world and the 2010+ FJ's. It almost looks like someone just said "well the body didn't change so nothing changed", and just didn't really check into it.
BellyDoc
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: ISO: OEM Front Spindles. Reply with quote

Try the yards. You could get lucky. Call around and see who's sitting on a totalled FJ. Just be careful that you don't pull from a vehicle with front end damage! It's really hard to tell that a spindle arm is bent since it's already a complex and irregular looking 3D part. A donor vehicle with front end damage could have bent knuckles and you might not even be able to detect it unless you did a close side-by-side inspection against undamaged parts. Look for a rollover with a crushed cab, or someone who submarined and killed the engine and electrical systems, and you'll be fine.

BTW... before people bent up 1/8" plate and sold it as prefab spindle arm gussets, they'd use 3/16" wall 2x2 angle iron or even quarter inch plate with drill outs. If you've got a spare pair of knuckles to work with, you can take all the time you want doing home fab gussets, and you can save a ton of money.

Then, once you install your reinforced parts, you'll have a spare pair you can also reinforce and trade for something awesome. Smile

Is jb weld really as strong as if I just welded them on with my welder?

glideraz wrote:
Could be stronger it all depends on how you weld
BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: ISO: OEM Front Spindles. Reply with quote

The guessets themselves are under 50 bucks. I think Glider is just going to weld my personal gussets and reinstall them:)

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: