Monday, December 11, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: AzRon
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1993

People Online:
Members: 2
Visitors: 84
Total: 86
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: kstrnsplnt > Home
02: kumariano > Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › General Discussion › The next Toyota offroad icon
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
The next Toyota offroad icon
This forum is for general topics concerning the AZFJ community that do not fit in the other sections. This is not your offtopic rant forum. Please be respectful and keep it clean.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexGeneral Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Reply with quote

It comes in soft warming colors so as not to offend anyone in their safe space. This for sure, will NOT be a King of the Hammers winner.

“The Toyota FT-4X is not simply a concept where style meets function; it is a thoughtful, charming and engaging experience that adds real pleasure and convenience to the journey,” said Calty president, Kevin Hunter. “We focused on how a crossover vehicle can add fun and value to casual adventures both in and out of the city, thinking about how someone would use it, and what they would love to do with it.”

I don't know about you but my two priorities are:
    Getting home alive/unharmed
    Being able to drive my rig to work the next Monday.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
airconditionednightmare
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Reply with quote

That's what you get when you anthropomorphise an FJ + Jeep Renegade, give them crack and tell them to procreate.
mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Reply with quote

airconditionednightmare wrote:
That's what you get when you anthropomorphise an FJ + Jeep Renegade, give them crack and tell them to procreate.

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! That's a pretty big word there! How about dumbing it down for us simple folk?
TOY4WD
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Reply with quote

mod_muscle wrote:

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! That's a pretty big word there! How about dumbing it down for us simple folk?

Laughing Laughing
airconditionednightmare
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Reply with quote

TOY4WD wrote:
mod_muscle wrote:

Laughing Laughing

Once upon a time, there was a beautiful princess FJ. She fell in love with a Renegade, even though he was from the wrong side of the tracks. He forced her to do drugs and then she pooped out an ugly baby and called it FT-4X.

And they all lived unhappily ever after.
mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Reply with quote

LOL. How come the princess has to be the FJ. Maybe the princess was the renegade and she used her girly powers to trick the handsome FJ into doing something he really didn't want to do. Something he would regret the next morning? All because the little renegade shook its tailpipe and had bright headlights!
Velociraptor
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Reply with quote

Well those few millennials that are lucky enough to get a job where they can afford there own apartment and a new ride will probably like it.

Last edited by Velociraptor on Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
BellyDoc
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Reply with quote

It's an injection molded plastic cooler... with a motor and wheels.

I have no objections to coolers, mind you, appropriately stocked.

However, I see no appropriate stocking in any of these contrived images.

If they would be just up front about it and say how many cans it'll hold, I'd appreciate it. I suspect it's smaller than it looks.

Is jb weld really as strong as if I just welded them on with my welder?

glideraz wrote:
Could be stronger it all depends on how you weld
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:

I don't know about you but my two priorities are:
    Getting home alive/unharmed
    Being able to drive my rig to work the next Monday.

I'm sure this will do those two things and more for the intended audience.

I'll see what it turns out to be once released but it has potential. Doubtful it will be body on frame and it's not going to be a direct FJ replacement, but that's not the intention.

Could be a decent little long distance light expedition vehicle.
Could be a lifted Civic, we'll see soon enough I hope.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
tanman
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Reply with quote

About the only DNA that concept shares with the FJ is the TOYOTA name and potentially the company emblem. It probably won't capture much of the "faux" wheel drive market.

On the other hand my wife wants a new Rav4 for her next vehicle. I certainly prefer the looks of the Rav4 to the FT-4X.

The FJ definitely stays in my herd of vehicles. Very Happy
azflycaster
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Reply with quote

I bet they up the capability of a new 4runner.....I hope anyway.

Chigoe
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Reply with quote

It could be redeemed if the door flips up, and then fold out too.
Just for the WTF pose.

pack-smart
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Reply with quote

A new neighbor, in our subdivision, from the FJ Summit area (Pagosa Springs.CO) asked me about a Jeep vs. FJ. I provided an honest review.

He liked the FJ. He bought one. Now I have a responsibility.

Asked me about it, so I told him to consider AllPro Sliders. I told he and wife to go visit Wil at Sierra Expeditions.

The FJ has continued interest, and always I will be happy to discuss its features and benefits ad nauseam. Very Happy
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Reply with quote

I like my Allpro sliders. They have provided some slides over boulders already.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
azflycaster
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Reply with quote

Kinda neat. Deserves some attention I would think. I wonder how large a 16" tire will fit?

pressroom.toyota.com/a...le_id=5914

www.thetruthaboutcars....av4-trail/

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: