Tuesday, October 17, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: papersforsale0
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1979

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 57
Total: 58
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: Brentphx > Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › General Discussion › Facebook has KILLED this forum
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Facebook has KILLED this forum
This forum is for general topics concerning the AZFJ community that do not fit in the other sections. This is not your offtopic rant forum. Please be respectful and keep it clean.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexGeneral Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donkeypuncher
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

I like turtles

debFJVT
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

Cactusman wrote:
Maybe it's time to update AZFJ's website? I mean, 10 years (since the inception of the FJ, I don't know how long this has been around for) is a long time. Facebook was in its infancy, MySpace (do we remember that???) was huge. In Internet years, 10 years is nearly 30.

I don't know how to go about this, but maybe an update would bring people back. It could remedy the ease of posting pictures and video which seems to be a common peoblem.
Possible issues... losing all the post history. That's kinda huge.

Just a thought.

Hi everyone, great thread! Agree totally with above post - I spend more time on the Blue Room because of two features: easy to post a pic, and the "like" button, similar to FB. I dislike FB for MANY reasons, and see it killing another forum I'm on, FJNortheasters. However the FB version of the Blue Room has not managed to cut in on this very active forum and I believe those two features I just mentioned are part of the reason. That "like" button is a deceptively powerful, engaging little tool that allows you to browse and participate casually, without having to post. Didn't realize there were so many "lurkers" on here - maybe I wouldve known (and been more motivated to post) if "like" buttons were in use - IMO its community building!

I joined AZFJ because we vacation there and hope to move there within a couple years...and I've wheeled at summit/Moab with a few of you so have a good feel for this group Very Happy

So I second the idea of updating this forum
debFJVT
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

Cactusman wrote:
Maybe it's time to update AZFJ's website? I mean, 10 years (since the inception of the FJ, I don't know how long this has been around for) is a long time. Facebook was in its infancy, MySpace (do we remember that???) was huge. In Internet years, 10 years is nearly 30.

I don't know how to go about this, but maybe an update would bring people back. It could remedy the ease of posting pictures and video which seems to be a common peoblem.
Possible issues... losing all the post history. That's kinda huge.

Just a thought.

Hi everyone, great thread! Agree totally with above post - I spend more time on the Blue Room because of two features: easy to post a pic, and the "like" button, similar to FB. I dislike FB for MANY reasons, and see it killing another
forum I'm on, FJNortheasters. However the FB version of the Blue Room has
not managed to cut in on this very active forum and I believe those two
features I just mentioned are part of the reason. That "like" button is a deceptively powerful, engaging little tool that allows you to browse and participate casually, without having to post. Didn't realize there were so many "lurkers" on here - maybe I wouldve known (and been more motivated to post) if "like" buttons were in use - IMO its community building!

I joined AZFJ because we vacation there and hope to move there within a couple years...and I've wheeled at summit/Moab with a few of you so have a
good feel for this group Very Happy

So I second the idea of updating this forum
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

Yeah, pictures are hard. 5 clicks.

To generate your own, 7 clicks, and some typing. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
WildBill
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

Ill always come back to rhis site. It wasnt about posting pics it was about the friends i made. Since i got the taco though my fj friends dwindled. I think its the same with alot of old fj users. We got something else. Miss all of you!

debFJVT
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:

Yeah, pictures are hard. 5 clicks.

To generate your own, 7 clicks, and some typing. Smile

Lol my "preview" turned into a post somehow...sorry!
Ok trying again to post a pic here -

Hmmm not attaching....maybe I'll use double post again hahahah
Velociraptor
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

I read both the website and FB. The website is better since it covers more topic areas and is usually where I find out about upcoming trips, outings, etc. I think refreshing the website is a great idea.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

Maybe we could benefit from your expertise Ken.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Abophx
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

I'm only posting so that I can see when I joined. Carry on and oh I still have my FJ I purchased April 1st 2006. Cheers!

spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

I haven't heard no fat lady singing... It's not dead until it's actually dead. I'd be willing to host it myself to keep that from happening.

KD7YKB
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Photo Gallery
AZJeepMom84
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

Still a lurker...from out of state Smile
Homedad
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

A hot lurker

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=5389758932001&w=466&h=263"></script><noscript>Watch the latest video at <a href="http://video.foxnews.com">video.foxnews.com</a></noscript>

FJFEVER
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

Sam still hot!

195,162 FINAL MILES. DOA AFTER ROLLOVER.
NEXT CHAPTER...232,000 miles
TUFFY
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

nimrag wrote:
I'll stick with azfj.org over Facebook

What is this facebook you speak of?!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: