Sunday, July 23, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Donny_b
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1946

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 146
Total: 146
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › General Discussion › Facebook has KILLED this forum
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Facebook has KILLED this forum
This forum is for general topics concerning the AZFJ community that do not fit in the other sections. This is not your offtopic rant forum. Please be respectful and keep it clean.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexGeneral Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cactusman
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

I definitely prefer this forum.. and heck I'm a "millennial". FB just seems so.. dry.

duner
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

I personally use both, I love the ease of facebook. The forum is also a good place for solid FJ info. I have friends who use both, and some who refuse for whatever reason. I don't knock down either of them, they both have different things going for them and neither is better than the other to me. It is true that its simple to post pics etc. and have everyone see them on FB. Just my ten cents!
airconditionednightmare
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

I lurk a lot... on both platforms. I'd probably post more if I went to more events but my schedule hasn't really worked out well for that.

Plus it's kind of hard to try to fit into an existing group as a somewhat new person. The facebook group seems to be more full of newbies, so I guess it's a little more inviting? Though I feel like this forum has more traffic.

TOY4WD
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

azflycaster wrote:
I'm thinking about getting a boob job

You tired of them sagging Steve? Trying to get them back where they belong? Laughing
PSFAN
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

Its unique and interesting for us Az FJ owners. Have learned alot here. Still visit but don't have things to post of interest to everyone.
pack-smart
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

Hi Jim,

Always here.
FJFEVER
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:50 am    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

Yeah, i have a facebook page. Havent been there in a long time. Always come back here

195,162 FINAL MILES. DOA AFTER ROLLOVER.
NEXT CHAPTER...225,000 miles
MAMBA
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

Facebook? Never created an accnt and dont plan on doing it, This is the ONLY "social media" I get into. Where important people post "important threads", not where someone WANTS to be important...

AZFJ!!!

ratfink
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

I visit this page at least once every morning. I also check out facebook every morning.
I prefer this forum to any other source. Although I have to admit I really enjoy instagram.
When I come here and there are no new posts I always hope it doesn't go the way of the brown room!
Keep up the great work Mike.

FatRat
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

pack-smart wrote:
Hi Jim,

Always here.

HOLY SHIT IT'S PACK-SMART

B1ackSh33p
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

I use both and am on this site at least twice a day. I try and contribute by finding FJ related sales about CL and sometimes OfferUp. I like this site. It still brings us together for trail rides and some get togethers.
Mostly use FB to post pics cause it's alot easier on there. I can share pics here, but I get busy and then forget to load them on another site to post up on this site.
This is a great forum.
Dead? Not yet Jim.
Maybe quiet from what it seemed to be in the past and even before I joined, but not quite dead.
(que music)
....and I'd like to thank my parents who've always supported my wheeling habits, and of course I'd like to thank the man upstairs.............

Helluva ride to the Dark Side!
CampFJ
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

I agree that a lot of people have moved to the Facebook page. I know that I use it more to share pictures because it is simpler than uploading them and creating links in the forums to share. I do still check the forum almost daily for upcoming trail runs and the classifieds. I don't want to see the forum go away because there is a large amount of knowledge stored in these pages.

4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

I use both, but I prefer AZFJ.ORG for community communications as well as tech discussions. I've been way too busy lately do do much of either. Once we get this house buying stuff all closed up and the concurrent work projects done, maybe I can get back to being annoying online and on the trails again.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
B1ackSh33p
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

Well stated on the "wealth of knowledge" Joe. I've gotten a ton of great advice and have read even more top notch info here. Thank you AZFJ!
Please don't quit this site!

Helluva ride to the Dark Side!
conejo
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

I haven't been checking in here regularly lately, but I probably should start again.

KF7YII
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: