Wednesday, July 26, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: kyle.hoefer
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 1949

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 87
Total: 87
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › Jackson Cabin 3.25.17 - Trail Document Run
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Jackson Cabin 3.25.17 - Trail Document Run
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Jackson Cabin 3.25.17 - Trail Document Run Reply with quote

Might be your last opportunity, Robb, to have a Jimbolio guided tour out there. Before you become a NW soggy person.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
deaz
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Jackson Cabin 3.25.17 - Trail Document Run Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
Might be your last opportunity, Robb, to have a Jimbolio guided tour out there. Before you become a NW soggy person.

Perhaps, but it doesn't change the fact that I have stuff planned this weekend and can't make the run.

Weather should be nice for you though.
Sub4FJ
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Jackson Cabin 3.25.17 - Trail Document Run Reply with quote

In. I am unable to camp overnight. This will only be a day trip for me. Please confirm likely total trip time so that I can let my boss know when to expect me home. Thank you.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Jackson Cabin 3.25.17 - Trail Document Run Reply with quote

Hard to say. I would expect you'd be back to pavement by Sunset. We're going to be stopping and taking pictures a lot, so it might be a bit longer. Good news is though, that won't start until we are at the Muleshoe ranch rd. SO, hoping to be there before Lunch. Then it's about 25 miles (13 are 4x4) to the cabin, then you'll have to reverse that and head down to I10.

Could be 6 hours or so out there. It's an out and back. But definitely doable in a day. I have a hammock if you decide it's too late. Pack a sleeping back in case.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Sub4FJ
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Jackson Cabin 3.25.17 - Trail Document Run Reply with quote

Understood. Sounds good. Thanks again. See you Saturday.

Sub4FJ
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Jackson Cabin 3.25.17 - Trail Document Run Reply with quote

Sorry, I have to back out. Leaving on vacation Monday and not yet ready. Too many chores to complete before we go and I did not do them during this past week as planned. Have fun and be safe. Disappointed I can't make it.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Jackson Cabin 3.25.17 - Trail Document Run Reply with quote

Next time,
thanks for the heads up

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Jackson Cabin 3.25.17 - Trail Document Run Reply with quote

We had a wonderful time. The only downsides were both my dogs got car sick, and stuff kept falling off my truck/Trailer, but other than that!
Great weather
Fun Trail (Definitely a different experience pulling a trailer).

Thanks to Hortencio for stopping by and saying HI at the launch point.

Some stats.
From Mile 0.0 on Redington Rd to Jackson Cabin 89.5 Mi
From Three Links/Muleshoe Ranch rd to Jackson Cabin 27.5 Mi
From the Sign in Kiosk to Jackson Cabin (The 4x4 part) 14.0 Mi.

I hiked the little trail that leads off to the Northwest down the creek and it was full of water, the trees were green, the wildflowers bursting. We'll have to go back out there and see if we can make the 6 Mi to Hooker Cabin.

You all missed a Great time out there.

CRAZYJOHN
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Jackson Cabin 3.25.17 - Trail Document Run Reply with quote

what JIM no picts of the stuff falling off your rig on this trip??

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Jackson Cabin 3.25.17 - Trail Document Run Reply with quote

CRAZYJOHN wrote:
what JIM no picts of the stuff falling off your rig on this trip??

Well, as a practical matter, you busted me. Yes:

CRAZYJOHN
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Jackson Cabin 3.25.17 - Trail Document Run Reply with quote

oops

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Jackson Cabin 3.25.17 - Trail Document Run Reply with quote

I'm going to drill holes in the mounting cross braces you welded for me and put some pins through the jacks so they don't keep backing themselves off and falling out on the trail. Smile

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Jackson Cabin 3.25.17 - Trail Document Run Reply with quote

Video is UP on Youtube.
Trail Writeup should be public soon.

Cactusman
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Jackson Cabin 3.25.17 - Trail Document Run Reply with quote

Maaaaaaaannn. Wish I sucked it up and went on this one. BEAUTIFUL scenery. Great vid, Jimbo.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Jackson Cabin 3.25.17 - Trail Document Run Reply with quote

She's PUBLIC
www.trailsoffroad.com/...h-road-691

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: