Saturday, November 18, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: scotty45
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1983

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 72
Total: 72
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › Jackson Cabin 3.25.17 - Trail Document Run
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Jackson Cabin 3.25.17 - Trail Document Run
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Jackson Cabin 3.25.17 - Trail Document Run Reply with quote

Heading out to gather some info for a Trails Offroad Write up. This is only 13 miles of "4x4" trail but a lot of dirt to get there. It's a lot of fun but not too tough.

SEE: the Muleshoe Ranch
SEE: the Bass Cabin
SEE: the Natural Bridge
SEE: The huge Galiero Mt Cliffs
and of course
Jackson Cabin at the end.

Do you want to be even more famous than you are now? Come along and get in some of the photos tackling the obstacles and you could end up as one of the waypoint photos. Hard to believe the last time I was out there was 2014!

WHAT: Fun Run out to Jackson Cabin WITH CAMPING Optional. Because of this, we'll have to limit CAMPING to 10 rigs and 2 trailers because of the limited space. The Two Trailers are already spoken for.

WHEN: Saturday, March 25th, 2017 @09:00 am (For the lighting angles)

WHERE: Rally up at the Circle K at 11271 E Tanque Verde Rd, Tucson, AZ 85749 for Air down, snacks, fuel, etc.

HOW: Lunch on the Trail, We'll head out Redington Pass, then down the Cascabel Rd to Three Washes Rd to the Muleshoe rd.

IN
    Jimbolio/Spock
    KlaytonKidd
    Sub4FJ

TRAIL DESCRIPTION:
azfj.org/index.php?nam...ic&t=10388

Last edited by Jimbolio on Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
blizerd
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Jackson Cabin 3.25.17 - Trail Document Run Reply with quote

Is it a over night one?

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Jackson Cabin 3.25.17 - Trail Document Run Reply with quote

It can be, or not.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Maltajo
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Jackson Cabin 3.25.17 - Trail Document Run Reply with quote

Not in.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
duner
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Jackson Cabin 3.25.17 - Trail Document Run Reply with quote

Did you not plan this a while back and it got canceled. Anyway I would go but will check with Connie since we are doing Anza Berrego the 18th which Lisa said you guys could not attend (bummer). I would camp if we do it. Will let you know.
ratfink
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: Jackson Cabin 3.25.17 - Trail Document Run Reply with quote

Sorry, not in.

noxious1
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Jackson Cabin 3.25.17 - Trail Document Run Reply with quote

I did this run on my motorcycle a couple months back and it was tougher than expected, apparently the trail has degraded quite a bit in the last few years... but there wasn't anything I would be concerned about in the FJ. Not sure I would haul a trailer back there though...

It should be an absolutely gorgeous run, I'm sure the desert in that area is exploding with blooms and color

You can also access it coming from the north for the Phoenix people that don't want to go to Tucson first.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Jackson Cabin 3.25.17 - Trail Document Run Reply with quote

We've done the trailer bit before.

We had two of them and a plethora of tents on our 2014 run.

Just not a lot of room to set up down there.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Jackson Cabin 3.25.17 - Trail Document Run Reply with quote

Bump
Duner?
CrazyJohn?
Cactusman?

duner
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Jackson Cabin 3.25.17 - Trail Document Run Reply with quote

We have a show at Westworld, Sportsman Expo That weekend. Wish I could come out Jim. If anybody is going to show in Scottsdale please stop by the Turtleback Trailer booth and say HI!!! I will be there Saturday and Sunday.
Cactusman
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Jackson Cabin 3.25.17 - Trail Document Run Reply with quote

Jimbo, I would but I have to stay here. Cant do Tucson twice in one month, unfortunately. Next month, we'll talk. Sorry Sad

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Jackson Cabin 3.25.17 - Trail Document Run Reply with quote

Blizzerd you coming?

CRAZYJOHN
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Jackson Cabin 3.25.17 - Trail Document Run Reply with quote

sorry Jim i'm out

conejo
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Jackson Cabin 3.25.17 - Trail Document Run Reply with quote

I saw the pics posted on FaceBook. The yellow FJ caught my eye!

KF7YII
deaz
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Jackson Cabin 3.25.17 - Trail Document Run Reply with quote

Oh man, I need to check AZFJ more often. I would do this but I've already booked up the weekend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: