Tuesday, June 27, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Mrjoel326
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1943

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 16
Total: 16
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › Overland Expo West 2017
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Overland Expo West 2017
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Overland Expo West 2017 Reply with quote

It's coming up again. Who's going to Overland Expo and where are you staying? I know last year was pretty great.

What:
Overland Expo West 2017
May 12-14, 2017

www.overlandexpo.com/west/

Moved from last year to Fort Tuthill a few miles south of flag just off the I-17.

Over 170 classes you can choose to attend (may be a small fee)

Over 250 vendors and Exhibitors including:
Four Wheel Campers,
Land Rover
BMW
Dometic
Turtleback Trailers (and their herd of turtles event)
EarthRoamer
Rhino Rack
KTM
Bilstein
Demello Off-road
Engels Coolers
Global Expedition Vehicles
James Baroud Tents
Rigid Industries
Road Shower
Sierra Expeditions
Fox
High-lift
Tembo Tusk
All-Pro
ARB
Baja Designs
Canyon Coolers
Expedition One
Factor 55
Smittybuilt
Tepui Tents
Total Chaos
Warn
BDS suspension
CBI Off-road
Cascadia Vehicle Tents
SDHQ
Yakima Racks
etc, etc, etc

This is a great place to get deals and see products in person. Also lots of trails around to see and experience.

I will try to keep this post updated with who's going and where they are staying. Some companies will even deliver and install products at the expo so you may be able to save on shipping and install.

Last edited by BucketBoy on Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Overland Expo West 2017 Reply with quote

ALL that info and no link? for SHAME!

www.overlandexpo.com/west/
BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Overland Expo West 2017 Reply with quote

My iPad wouldn't let me load the link. OP updated

tibaal89
Trail to Destruction
Trail to Destruction

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Overland Expo West 2017 Reply with quote

I still have never been... Surprised

check out my BLOG

Something there is that doesn't love a wall, that wants it down...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Photo Gallery
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Overland Expo West 2017 Reply with quote

Mike, ride your BMW up there, you'll find lots of similar, strangely clad, two wheelers to commune with.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Cactusman
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Overland Expo West 2017 Reply with quote

Too early to say IN?!?! What a fun experience later year.

mattbeaty
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Overland Expo West 2017 Reply with quote

The camping situation is gonna be WAY better this year. FT Tuthill is adjacent to Woody Mountain Road - which is one of the better (very well maintained) Forest service roads. LOTS of camping out there. The farther you're willing to drive, the better the disbursed camping in the forest. No services, but gorgeous.

We have our RV parked near the show on FR 532 - which is technically inside City limits (no camping allowed). We will see how motivated PD is to kick everyone out.

Count on better protection from the wind, more vendors (better food!) and generally a great time.

WA7LDO
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Overland Expo West 2017 Reply with quote

I'll be there, fully deployed, manning the Trails Offroad Booth. Might be heading up to Cinders on Thursday. Anyone else like to do that?

duner
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Overland Expo West 2017 Reply with quote

I will be up there, will see when I have to man the booth at Turtleback but would like to hit the cinders Jim been a few years.
Dravur
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Overland Expo West 2017 Reply with quote

I will be coming back from Escalante so I will be there
BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: Overland Expo West 2017 Reply with quote

I may be in for cinders. Not sure if I want to take that abuse though. The Procraps on are their last leg and there's no way my new suspension will be in and installed in time.

CeeFish
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: Overland Expo West 2017 Reply with quote

CeeBliss will be there. Look for us in the Herd of Turtles camping area.
Dravur
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Overland Expo West 2017 Reply with quote

Hey, if anyone happens to have an extra AZFJ sticker, I need one. If we can meet up at the Expo. I have heard they add 10HP
BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Overland Expo West 2017 Reply with quote

I got a few and I'll have patches with me as well. I'm sure Mikey will probably show up as well. Even with his knee

pack-smart
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Overland Expo West 2017 Reply with quote

Saturday morning in. Heading back for wife's mom (Mary). Out Saturday night for wife mom brunch. Father always proud of FJ. Bride's mom George too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: