Monday, April 24, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Viperchick76
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1919

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 36
Total: 37
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: JustinD > Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › 4x4 Tech › Battery De Jeur
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Battery De Jeur
Howtos, reviews, and gear questions
Go to page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Battery De Jeur Reply with quote

So, I come out to start the precious this morning,
Clickity Click Click.
I have a sears Platinum P1 battery
It's now officially OLD and made of Unobtanium
and Irreplaceable.

What is the recommendation for FJ batteries these days?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
nimrag
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Battery De Jeur Reply with quote

I replaced mine with a sears diehard gold, regular version. So far, so good for over a year.

The diehard AGM, sometimes has problems in cold weather, where it has to be warmed up, before it will start the vehicle. Turning the lights on for a couple of minutes, warms it up.
microbe
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Battery De Jeur Reply with quote

I just bought an Odyssey 34R-PC1500T. about $230 and 4wheel parts had it in stock.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Battery De Jeur Reply with quote

Thanks Eric, Found one only $2 cheaper on the web so you got a deal. Likely my path.
Any thoughts on Optima Yellow Tops? Are they still crappy?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
TOY4WD
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Battery De Jeur Reply with quote

Interstate makes a AGM battery with 4 year free replacement like the old diehards. Google search interstate MT-7 agm.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Battery De Jeur Reply with quote

www.4wd.com/Jeep-Perfo...oC-PTw_wcB

Mrs. Jimbolio said she'd go for it if I could send her a link. So I went for it. Thanks for the recommendations everyone. She even got a 3% Ebate back on it!

4Wheel Drive Hardware
Order Confirmation
Thank you for shopping at www.4WD.com. Please save this email for your records. Should you have any questions please email custserv @ 4wd.com.

Please allow 24 hours to view your order status and tracking information. www.4WD.com/info/OrderStatus.aspx

Order Date: 1/4/2017 9:43:46 AM
Order Number: <redacted>

BUYNOW: Promo Code - BUYNOW 1 $228.99
($11.45)
$217.54

Order Total: $236.09

<LOLZ part> Rolling Eyes
WARNING TO DRIVER
This vehicle has been modified to enhance off-road performance and has unique handling characteristics. Because of the higher center of gravity and/or larger tires and wheels, this vehicle may have a higher risk of rollover, and handles and reacts differently than your stock vehicle, both on and off road. Extreme care should be taken to prevent vehicle rollover or loss of control which can result in serious injury or death. Avoid sudden sharp turns or abrupt maneuvers. Slow down. Be sure to get comfortable with your newly modified vehicle. Finally, be sure that you and your passengers use their seatbelts at all times – seatbelts save lives!

IMPORTANT MAINTENANCE INFORMATION
It is the customer’s sole responsibility to have all nuts and bolts re-checked for tightness and proper fitment within 10 days after delivery, and then every 3,000 miles thereafter. Please return your vehicle to any 4Wheel Drive Hardware location so this can be done for you free of charge. This is critical for your safety and the safety of the people around you. Failure to do so can result in product malfunction which, in turn, can lead to serious injury or death. Also, wheel alignment and steering, suspension and driveline systems should be inspected by a qualified mechanic at least every 3,000 miles to ensure the safety of your vehicle.

OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Customer and 4Wheel Drive Hardware agree that all claims against the other relating to the purchase/provision of products or services shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, be resolved in binding arbitration before the American Arbitration Association, and may only be brought in an individual capacity, and not as part of a class action. Customer may reject this arbitration clause by sending 4Wheel Drive Hardware a rejection notice within 30 days of the date hereof.<LOLZ>

Last edited by Jimbolio on Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
itsafjthing
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Battery De Jeur Reply with quote

That's the exact model battery I went with from them after a weeks worth of research. I heard a "rumor" they used to be partnered with diehard and then split. I had Pepboys run the specs on it with their diagnostics and the battery came back around 1200 cca's! That's around 400 more cca's than stated. I also read a write up on similar stats for that battery. I almost went with the Northstar brand AGM which seemed from my reading very good as well. But 4wheel parts seemed a more well known company to me. I thought if something happened it might be easier in the future for me to return it to them. The only thing I pondered on was after purchase I ran the battery manufacture date and it was manufactured approximately 9 months before I purchased it. I read that could be a bad thing. Of course I may have read too much after a week of searching.

Last edited by itsafjthing on Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Battery De Jeur Reply with quote

It's already being shipped. I'll be back on the road in No time.
Mrs. Jimbolio is cool.

1Louder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Battery De Jeur Reply with quote

You were supposed to buy a Northstar/X2 from BatteriesPlus....

Smile

2011 Blue FJ
Mods:
AZFJ Sticker, CB Install, Dash iPad Mount, Dual USB Ports, Expeditioneers Skid Plates, Cooper STT Pro tires, OME Lift Kit, solar, HAM Radios, blah and blah....
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Battery De Jeur Reply with quote

I did buy a cheap wet deep cycle from Batteries plus for my 2nd battery as a stop gap measure. It was $117 I believe for a type 31. It's doing such a good job running my xmas lights, ham radio and refrigerator I will probably keep it until it dies.
Hell, it even has a 1 year warranty. Woo Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes hoo

Last edited by Jimbolio on Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:33 am; edited 3 times in total
conejo
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Battery De Jeur Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
Clickity Click Click.
and Irreplaceable.

Dang, I was late to this thread. Looks like it was already handled, but I'll go ahead and throw out my recommendation: rectangular and full of angry pixies.

KF7YII
Grinder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Battery De Jeur Reply with quote

microbe wrote:
I just bought an Odyssey 34R-PC1500T. about $230 and 4wheel parts had it in stock.

I went with the same about a month ago. Best battery I have ever owned.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Battery De Jeur Reply with quote

Mine arrives today
Pretty painless experience with 4WD hardware
Getting tired of my F250 beating me to death

toyo22r
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Battery De Jeur Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
Clickity Click Click.
and Irreplaceable.

Curious as to why you didn't go with the larger group 31 battery?

TLCA# 18990
CRAZYJOHN
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Battery De Jeur Reply with quote

for his sex toys. lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> 4x4 Tech All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: