Saturday, June 24, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: KICKROCKS
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1942

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 47
Total: 48
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: BucketBoy > Home

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › 4x4 Tech › Salvage title vehicle
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Salvage title vehicle
Howtos, reviews, and gear questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:39 am    Post subject: Salvage title vehicle Reply with quote

I am curious about salvage titles in AZ. If a vehicle gets in an accident and the cosmetic damage is more than the vehicle is worth the insurance company may total the vehicle and basically offer the seller a dollar amount. If the owner wants to keep the vehicle the insurance company will most times withhold an amount from the settlement and now the vehicle has a salvage title.

Now owner of salvage title vehicle says, you know what I don't want this thing, I'm gonna sell it. Potential buyer is aware of salvage title and reasons for the salvage title, but can they simply re-register the vehicle as-is?

It seems like the vehicle might need an inspection, and there are terms like level I, II, II used: www.dmv.org/az-arizona...hicles.php

www.azdot.gov/mvd/faq/...e-vehicles

Is anyone familiar with the salvage vehicle inspections? Trying to find requirements for repairs perhaps a list of criteria to be used for getting a salvage title car back on the road if it is fully operational for driving, signals, steering, etc..
glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Salvage title vehicle Reply with quote

Salvage vechicles are worth 50 percent less of book value right off the bat (if you want to sell it).
Hard to get full coverage ins. For said car.
Inspections are easy, i have had a level 1 inspection done and some 3rd party mvd offices have people that will come out and do the inspection (for a small fee), mine was for a bonded title.
I currently have a truggy project that has a salvage title and just went to a 3rd party mvd and got registration no inspection required, maybe it was already done.....

azfj owners are the best
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Salvage title vehicle Reply with quote

thanks for the feedback thus far. I believe the vehicle will need the $50 level III inspection.. but I am not sure what the criteria used is. Ive gotten some information relating to NTHSA regulations used .. but nothing specific.

calling the MVD inspection site has thus far been non productive - no human has answered thus far.
AZJeepMom84
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Salvage title vehicle Reply with quote

My car had a salvage title for the reasons you stated and I did buy it back from ins. I just (1 month ago) gifted it to my sister who got title and registration with no inspection or issue. I'm in phx and so is she fwiw.
spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Salvage title vehicle Reply with quote

calichaos wrote:
calling the MVD inspection site has thus far been non productive - no human has answered thus far.

Try late morning, in the middle of the month, on a Tuesday or Wednesday.

KD7YKB
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Photo Gallery
BAMF-FJ
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Salvage title vehicle Reply with quote

It's a great group to join!

Salvage FJs UNITE!!

-R.P.R. 07'
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> 4x4 Tech All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: