Wednesday, April 26, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Viperchick76
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1919

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 34
Total: 34
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › Mingus Mountain Loop 11/12/16
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Mingus Mountain Loop 11/12/16
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Splagg
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject: Mingus Mountain Loop 11/12/16 Reply with quote

MINGUS MOUNTAIN

WHERE
Cottonwood, Mingus Mountain, Cherry - About 40 miles of dirt!
Google Map of this Route
Meet & Airdown: 10:00am at Tractor Supply Co, 685 AZ-89A, Cottonwood, AZ 86326, North side of the parking lot (spots closest to Mingus Ave). Gas & supplies available just across 89A at the Maverick Station.

WHAT
Up Mingus Mountain via FR493, link to 413 over the mountain, find 132 Route and take it to Cherry, and head back down the mountain via Cherry Creek Rd (372 Route, well maintained) and FR361 (fun, not too rugged, with optional obstacle - several attempts but no success last year, and numerous spurs/offshoots/potential campsites). 361 is tight, shrubby, and gets super washed out - always a good time.

WHEN
Saturday, November 12th, Roughly 10:00am - 4:00pm

HOW
4 wheel drive, of course! Air down for comfort (not necessary for difficulty). Bring your lunch to eat on the trail. No services available from start to finish. Stock vehicles can safely navigate this entire route. This run is about good scenery, great people, and getting off the beaten path.

COMMS
CB 16 to start. If you have an extra handheld, bring it!

FYI
- A year ago yesterday, this was the first run that I led. Looking forward to doing it again now that I have a few more trails in the books!
- This is rain or shine but in the event of rain there will be a major adjustment to the route. Travel on 132 is prohibited in precipitation.
- Bring plenty of water. Dress in layers (it will be somewhere between chilly and COLD at the top).
- Looking for a place to grab your lunch when you get into town? I highly recommend Verde Lea Market! It's just a slight detour to swing by as you come into Cottonwood.
- Enjoy craft beer, good atmosphere, a plethora of activities, and the opportunity to support local businesses? Post-run destination is THAT Brewery in Cottonwood.

IN
    Splagg
MAYBE
    MrVTX
    Caleb
    noxious1

Last edited by Splagg on Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:11 pm; edited 8 times in total
AZCruiser
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Mingus Mountain Loop 11/12/16 Reply with quote

We had a blast last year but unfortunately looks like we will not be able to make it on that Saturday. Bummer.
Maltajo
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Mingus Mountain Loop 11/12/16 Reply with quote

Awww Man Dan!!!!
This sounds like a great run!
Put me in as a maybe just in case I can make it!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
Splagg
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Mingus Mountain Loop 11/12/16 Reply with quote

AZCruiser wrote:
We had a blast last year but unfortunately looks like we will not be able to make it on that Saturday. Bummer.

Well keep it in mind and if things open up you know where to be! Hope to see you there.

Maltajo wrote:
Awww Man Dan!!!!
This sounds like a great run!
Put me in as a maybe just in case I can make it!

Will do, hope you can make it!

MrVTX
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Mingus Mountain Loop 11/12/16 Reply with quote

Put me down as a "maybe." I believe I can make it but will have to see what's shakin' as the date gets closer.
Cactusman
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Mingus Mountain Loop 11/12/16 Reply with quote

Maybe for now. I'll know when November comes around.

itsafjthing
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Mingus Mountain Loop 11/12/16 Reply with quote

Went on this ride last year. Very nice views and great weather when we went at least. Fall colors were vibrant and present in my opinion. Add the couple of fun optional obstacles and a great trail host and we had a great time. Thanks again Splagg. Probably can't make it this year however....

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Mingus Mountain Loop 11/12/16 Reply with quote

Just found out I have a funeral to go to that day.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
CRAZYJOHN
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Mingus Mountain Loop 11/12/16 Reply with quote

Really Jim,you know there's a funeral that far in advance, lol

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Mingus Mountain Loop 11/12/16 Reply with quote

Yeah, guy passed on Tuesday. Just found out the date today.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
noxious1
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Mingus Mountain Loop 11/12/16 Reply with quote

maybe in!

Splagg
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Mingus Mountain Loop 11/12/16 Reply with quote

itsafjthing wrote:
Went on this ride last year. Very nice views and great weather when we went at least. Fall colors were vibrant and present in my opinion. Add the couple of fun optional obstacles and a great trail host and we had a great time. Thanks again Splagg. Probably can't make it this year however....

Thanks for the nice comments! I hope things open up for you to be able to join us again.

Jimbolio wrote:
Just found out I have a funeral to go to that day.

Eek, sorry to hear that Jimbo. RIP guy.

noxious1 wrote:
maybe in!

Got it!

debFJVT
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:39 am    Post subject: Re: Mingus Mountain Loop 11/12/16 Reply with quote

Sure wish I could come! Was great running with ya at Summit Someday...soon I hope!
Splagg
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Mingus Mountain Loop 11/12/16 Reply with quote

Bump for confirmations, hopefully...

Maltajo
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Mingus Mountain Loop 11/12/16 Reply with quote

Im out man.
I still wont be able to be bounced around in my FJ by the 12th.
Maybe in time for a December AZFJ Friday Night Bon Fire???
(You might be able to plan your long awaited Mt Lemon Control road run the next day?)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: