Monday, December 11, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: AzRon
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1993

People Online:
Members: 2
Visitors: 71
Total: 73
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: AZCruiser > Forums
02: tibaal89 > Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › Chiva Falls @ Redington Pass - Sat Oct 15 - 8:30AM
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Chiva Falls @ Redington Pass - Sat Oct 15 - 8:30AM
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Velociraptor
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:13 pm    Post subject: Chiva Falls @ Redington Pass - Sat Oct 15 - 8:30AM Reply with quote

Chiva Falls @ Redington Pass - Sat Oct 15 - 8:30AM

If anyone else wants to tag along, meet at the Circle-K. Meeting up with some other Toyota 4x4 owners for the run.

Velociraptor
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Chiva Falls @ Redington Pass - Sat Oct 15 - 8:30AM Reply with quote

Had a great time on Saturday at Redington Pass on the trail to China Falls with a group of AZ Yota peeps. Most were new to this trail and so our run took a little longer but fun was had. Photos by me, Phillip Anderson, and Calvin Mac.

3 Feathers

When we got everyone down, I noticed a stray husky mix under my rig who crawled under another rig when we first tried to give him water. One of the ladies on the run was able to give him a few dog biscuits and water and get a leash on him. We moved him to a truck out of the sun for the rest of the ride. We were able to reach the owner once we got back to Redington Rd and one of the group members volunteered to take the stray husky mix back to his owner in Tucson after the run. Glad that we found him before the desert got the best of him... he was clearly overheated but happy to make new friends.

Chiva Falls

Luckily there was some water in the stream and at the falls... the dogs including the stray husky were excited to cool off in the water and get snacks.

Airing up at the Circle-K

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Chiva Falls @ Redington Pass - Sat Oct 15 - 8:30AM Reply with quote

Well done on the dog rescue!
Nice pictures. I like the one with someone on the rock rail on the 4 runner. I have had that service in exactly the same spot.

How crapped out is 3 feathers now?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Velociraptor
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Chiva Falls @ Redington Pass - Sat Oct 15 - 8:30AM Reply with quote

3 Feathers was not bad, about the same as our last night run with Jeebus. There were other areas on the trail that were washed out more than last time.

Some brave soul managed to pilot his Subaru to Chiva Falls... he turned up as we were leaving. His technique to get over ledges was good considering he had a stock vehicle... he would gun it and bounce his front end up over the ledge while continuing forward with enough momentum to grind his way up. I am thinking that that much continuous abuse to his vehicle will result in a breakdown, possibly on his way out. Wish I had snapped a pic Very Happy

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Chiva Falls @ Redington Pass - Sat Oct 15 - 8:30AM Reply with quote

One day (If our stuff isn't too broken after Charlou Gap) we'll have to run the upper Loop.

Never done that. Want to. Eskered too.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Maltajo
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Chiva Falls @ Redington Pass - Sat Oct 15 - 8:30AM Reply with quote

Looks like a great time was had by all!
Sorry I missed it.
Hope to see everybody soon!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: