Wednesday, June 28, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Mrjoel326
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1943

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 49
Total: 49
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › Sedona Weekend and Dutch Oven Cobbler Throwdown! Oct. 14-16
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Sedona Weekend and Dutch Oven Cobbler Throwdown! Oct. 14-16
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maltajo
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Sedona Weekend and Dutch Oven Cobbler Throwdown! Oct. 14-16 Reply with quote

Bwahahahahahah

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
duner
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Sedona Weekend and Dutch Oven Cobbler Throwdown! Oct. 14-16 Reply with quote

Mike, due to my wife being in the event I will have to bow out of judging! Haha See you all Friday!! I think splagg will do great! Splagg see me before event for some tips!! (just kidding)
azflycaster
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Sedona Weekend and Dutch Oven Cobbler Throwdown! Oct. 14-16 Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
I'd REALLY REALLY REALLY like to do the CINDERS again. That was a hoot thigh slap riot the last time we did it.

I'd come up to do cinders even if I can't pull off camping. On my check list. In!
Call the time of departure....

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: Sedona Weekend and Dutch Oven Cobbler Throwdown! Oct. 14-16 Reply with quote

9:30

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Sedona Weekend and Dutch Oven Cobbler Throwdown! Oct. 14 Reply with quote

I know we dont have a formal plan or anything for this weekend, but here is what I am planning on doing. feel free to join me if you like.

FRIDAY
I am leaving PHX area around 8am. If anyone wants to drive up with me (I drive quickly), I will be leaving form Bagel Man parking lot (I-10 and elliott west side) at 8am sharp.

Arriving to Camp site area somewhere around 11am-12pm-ish

Setting up camp.

Then I will be doing Greasy Spoon and probably hot loop, depends on what time it is and how I feel. Leaving camp sometime around 1pm?

Hope to be atop Schnebly hill overlook around 5pm-6pm to catch the sunset, maybe take some pics.

SATURDAY
I am hiking with Raymond for sure, probably Duner and Connie.
Fat Man's Pass, which is a fairly light hike, maybe extending it to a longer hike for Elden's Lookout Trail. Possibly a 6 hour hike if we go the full route.
BRING LOTS OF WATER, ENERGY BARS, PACKED LUNCH

will be leaving after breakfast, sometime around 8am.
www.azutopia.com/easy-...mans-loop/
www.azutopia.com/diffi...out-trail/

Jimbolio is going to Cinders if you want to go wheel with him. Other folks are doing Broken Arrow

Back in time for the Dutch Oven Cobbler Throwdown!

SUNDAY
Undetermined as of yet, maybe an early morning Broken Arrow run and then head home

"New England Patriots - 2017 Superbowl Champs!"
duner
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Sedona Weekend and Dutch Oven Cobbler Throwdown! Oct. 14-16 Reply with quote

Sounds great, will hike on sat with ya, Friday may do drive as well or hike? Not sure yet but will be at camp around same time! See ya on road up or in camp!
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Sedona Weekend and Dutch Oven Cobbler Throwdown! Oct. 14-16 Reply with quote

CINDERS

WHERE
Cinder OHV park
Rally point = Shell Mund's park

goo.gl/maps/QQUNubBgpms
WHAT
USFS wrote:

The Cinder Hills is a scenic recreation area enjoyed by many off-highway vehicle enthusiasts. Its numerous volcanic cinder cones and craters surrounded by a ponderosa pine forest environment gives the area its unique value. Due to a growing interest in this area for off-highway vehicle recreation, additional management direction is needed to protect sensitive resources and to provide for continuing use of this recreation.
Approximately 13,500 acres in the Cinder Hills has been designated for off-highway vehicle recreation. Management emphasis is for the use of 2-, 3-, and 4-wheel vehicles. Within the 13,500 acre area, portions will have use restricted to a relatively dense network of designated routes which will be identified at a later date. Generally unrestricted use will be on areas devoid of vegetation or with sparse vegetation and without such things as sensitive plants, archaeological sites, critical wildlife habitat, excessively steep slopes, or visually sensitive areas.

CINDERS OHV area info 《click please

WHEN
Saturday, Oct 15th, 09:30
HOW
We'll make a brief gas up stop in Mund's park on the East side of I17 at the Shell station
We'll make this the Rally poInt since I'm not 100% sure where the camp will be..
COMMS CB 16 ham 146.460
WHY
Because it's funner than heck

WHO
    Jimbolio & spock
    AZFLYCASTER
    Splagg

Last edited by Jimbolio on Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Sedona Weekend and Dutch Oven Cobbler Throwdown! Oct. 14-16 Reply with quote

1:21 Tire Pop off bead

B1ackSh33p
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Sedona Weekend and Dutch Oven Cobbler Throwdown! Oct. 14-16 Reply with quote

We are heading up to Sedona area on Thursday morning and hiking call of the canyon until we can't hike any further and then we'll head into Sedona for dinner and grab a room in Cottonwood (I think).
We'll be up there early for the meet up at the camp area on Friday afternoon, hopefully will be there in time to set up and go on a run or maybe a hike...not sure what the familia wants to do that day. We do know, however, that we will be camped out on Friday night with everyone to enjoy some tasty cobbler!
Saturday....Well, so far we only know we will be back home late that evening. Who knows? Maybe Cinders, maybe Soldiers pass? Playing that day by ear....
Can't wait to hang out with you all!

Helluva ride to the Dark Side!
Splagg
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Sedona Weekend and Dutch Oven Cobbler Throwdown! Oct. 14-16 Reply with quote

Soldier Pass

WHERE
Soldier Pass Trail
Meeting Point = Bank parking lot & adjacent gravel lot just behind Chase Bank on the corner of 89A and Soldier Pass Road

goo.gl/maps/CLYdccgq11s

WHAT
Soon to be closed to the public, Soldier Pass Trail

FS Link to Soldier Pass

WHEN
Friday, October 14th, 4:15pm

HOW
I'll be off work at the other end of West Sedona at 4pm then headed straight to the meeting point. The trail has a gate that closes and locks at 6pm so we'll definitely be done by then. Headed up Schnebly Hill immediately afterwards. Air down is not necessary but will make the brief ride much more comfortable. There's only a couple miles of pavement between SP and SH, and your spine wants you to be aired down for Schnebly so might as well deflate early! It will be dark by the time we arrive at camp so plan on either setting up earlier with Mikey or doing it in the dark.

COMMS
CB 16

FYI
Limit - 6 rigs max due to lack of space near the end(s) of the trail and limited opportunities to pass any oncoming traffic.

WHO
    Splagg
    Jimbolio
    Shooter

Last edited by Splagg on Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Splagg
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Sedona Weekend and Dutch Oven Cobbler Throwdown! Oct. 14-16 Reply with quote

I don't think I can hang for the Fat Man's Pass hike on Saturday even though it is so appropriately named for a person of my girth.

So, I'll either head up to the Cinders, or if there are people interested in a shorter and more forgiving hike, maybe head out to Robber's Roost. This trail is less than 2 miles round trip with a bit of elevation change. Also it's easy to combine with Greasy Spoon, Dry Creek, and/or Homestead.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Sedona Weekend and Dutch Oven Cobbler Throwdown! Oct. 14-16 Reply with quote

Jimbolio for Soldier's pass. That will give me time to set up camp, and head DOWN schnebly.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Sedona Weekend and Dutch Oven Cobbler Throwdown! Oct. 14-16 Reply with quote

IS IT FRIDAY YET?

Shooter
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Sedona Weekend and Dutch Oven Cobbler Throwdown! Oct. 14-16 Reply with quote

Splagg wrote:
Soldier Pass

WHERE
Soldier Pass Trail
Meeting Point = Bank parking lot & adjacent gravel lot just behind Chase Bank on the corner of 89A and Soldier Pass Road

goo.gl/maps/CLYdccgq11s

WHAT
Soon to be closed to the public, Soldier Pass Trail

[url=http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsinternet/!ut/p/c5/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3gDfxMDT8MwRydLA1cj72BTn0AjAwgAykeaxcN4jhYG_h4eYX5hPgYwefy6w0H24dcPNgEHcDTQ9_PIz03VL8iNMMgycVQEADoWIdk!/dl3/d3/L2dJQSEvUUt3QS9ZQnZ3LzZfME80MEkxVkFCOTBFMktTNUJIMjAwMDAwMDA!/?

ss=110304&navid=110000000000000&pnavid=null&cid=FSE_003741&recid=55392&ttype=recarea&navtype=BROWSEBYSUBJECT&position=BROWSEBYSUBJECT&pname=Coconino+National+Forest+-+Soldier+Pass+Trail+%2366]FS Link to Soldier Pass[/url]

WHEN
Friday, October 14th, 4:15pm

HOW
I'll be off work at the other end of West Sedona at 4pm then headed straight to the meeting point. The trail has a gate that closes and locks at 6pm so we'll definitely be done by then. Headed up Schnebly Hill immediately afterwards. Air down is not necessary but will make the brief ride much more comfortable. There's only a couple miles of pavement between SP and SH, and your spine wants you to be aired down for Schnebly so might as well deflate early! It will be dark by the time we arrive at camp so plan on either setting up earlier with Mikey or doing it in the dark.

Please add us to the list of going. Shooter

COMMS
CB 16

FYI
Limit - 6 rigs max due to lack of space near the end(s) of the trail and limited opportunities to pass any oncoming traffic.

WHO
    Splagg
    Jimbolio

Please add us to the list of going. Shooter
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: Sedona Weekend and Dutch Oven Cobbler Throwdown! Oct. 14-16 Reply with quote

I'm afraid I have some bad news
Due to a variety of factors, I can't come this weekend.

No one is more disappointed than I am

Sorry

Last edited by Jimbolio on Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: