Monday, December 11, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: AzRon
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1993

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 97
Total: 97
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › 3rd Annual Halloween Night Run and Grill, Box Canyon - 10/28
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
3rd Annual Halloween Night Run and Grill, Box Canyon - 10/28
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 2nd Annual Halloween Night Run and Grill, Box Canyon - 10/29 Reply with quote

Brentphx wrote:
Any other kids coming? Mine want to take part in the costume competition, figured I'd bring some candy...

May stick around and cook some hot dogs if there's a fire (depends on how the attitudes in the back seat are faring), but I know Sat am is too busy to cook for the potluck. We'll admire all the good dishes from afar lol

I thought about bringing candy too, but just realized the thought of me giving your kids candy seems somehow... wrong.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
Brentphx
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 2nd Annual Halloween Night Run and Grill, Box Canyon - 10/29 Reply with quote

Sheeeeit, while exploring the trails, they were demanding that I call you and tell you to drive to forest lakes to join us! Plus, I get to eat from their buckets at night... Candy away! Lol
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: 2nd Annual Halloween Night Run and Grill, Box Canyon - 10/29 Reply with quote

Brentphx wrote:
Sheeeeit, while exploring the trails, they were demanding that I call you and tell you to drive to forest lakes to join us! Plus, I get to eat from their buckets at night... Candy away! Lol

Oh boy... we had this discussion a long time ago, as long as "Uncle" is in no way ever associated with my name, it's all good

Not sure if there will be other children but sometimes people do bring kids so I guess I can get some candy. Is there some sort of treat you try to guide the kids to (THE KIDS, not "what candy does Brent want")? Standard sugar -(Aka the GOOD stuff) or do you prefer something trying to be healthy - I'm not doing carrot sticks or any of that super healthy crap, nobody likes that house.

So yeah - is anybody else bringing actual children? I promise I'll only bring fresh candy, not the stuff I bought on sale last Nov 1 Cool

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
AZCruiser
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: 2nd Annual Halloween Night Run and Grill, Box Canyon - 10/29 Reply with quote

We're bringing our daughter and I believe my buddy is bringing his boys. Not sure how long we will stick around however since we won't be participating in the potluck.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: 2nd Annual Halloween Night Run and Grill, Box Canyon - 10/29 Reply with quote

I'm bringing Spock and Ozzy, can you bring them some treats?
Note...The gluten free ... free range ... organic no GMO treats preferred so they don't get the farts and contribute to global warming.

Promise they won't call you Uncle Surprise

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: 2nd Annual Halloween Night Run and Grill, Box Canyon - 10/29 Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
I'm bringing Spock and Ozzy ...... Promise they won't call you Uncle Surprise

Somehow, wouldn't be the first time that term was used.

zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 2nd Annual Halloween Night Run and Grill, Box Canyon - 1 Reply with quote

RANDOM ANSWERS

Costumes
No, there is no prize... just braggin rights Smile
I will be dressing up for sure, I am sure tiffany will as well.
I bet you Spock does too
Feel free to "dress up" your truck - mine for sure will be, and so will Shooter's

Kids
Don't know how many are coming - feel free to bring 'em if you want.
All kinds of candy welcome, including old and stale

Stickers
Yes, I will have stickers at the run, plenty of 'em

Pot Luck
Please stick around after the run for Pot Luck. Don't feel lie you have to make something, you can moosh off the rest of us with no hard feelings. Ask Connie, I am a professional moocher of food Smile
I will have at least 2 pounds of chicken, and many others will have food. but this is about hanging out, so dont feel like you have to rush out if you are not bringing anything for the Pot Luck

Firewood
If you ar camping, please bring some, so we can mooch off your fire while we pot luck

Cigars
Yes, I will bring my cigars, and will have several extras

Obstacles
This is a very easy trail, only one real Obstacle, and that's the waterfall at he end of Box Canyon, on the way towards the middle of Florence Junction.
I will be spotting anyone who needs it, so don't worry, we will get you up it. Smile
If anyone gets stuck, we will have plenty of snatch straps to get you up too

Patriots
Yes, they will win the Superbowl again...

That is all

"New England Patriots - 2017 Superbowl Champs!"
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 2nd Annual Halloween Night Run and Grill, Box Canyon - 10/29 Reply with quote

Mikey, I'll try to get up the Waterfall with my Trailer. I may need someone to winch up to. That would be epic, my new 10K Warn pulling 10K worth of load up the waterfall.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 2nd Annual Halloween Night Run and Grill, Box Canyon - 10/29 Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
Mikey, I'll try to get up the Waterfall with my Trailer. I may need someone to winch up to. That would be epic, my new 10K Warn pulling 10K worth of load up the waterfall.

Will be fun and interesting, will have to be careful it doesn't drag you to the right. We are trying it without a winch first Smile

You MUST listen to your spotter

BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 2nd Annual Halloween Night Run and Grill, Box Canyon - 10/29 Reply with quote

Hey guys. I am really interested in joining in on this. The only way I can go is if I can arrange a caravan to and from tonignt. My parents don't want me driving that far totally solo. Im located in North Phoenix (67th Ave and Happy Valley) but I can meet really anywhere. Scottsdale, Glendale, Peoria. If you're willing to let me follow along on the drive it would be greatly appreciated. Please pm me your number so we can arrange a meet up

zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 2nd Annual Halloween Night Run and Grill, Box Canyon - 10/29 Reply with quote

ProjectTitus wrote:
Hey guys. I am really interested in joining in on this. The only way I can go is if I can arrange a caravan to and from tonignt. My parents don't want me driving that far totally solo. Im located in North Phoenix (67th Ave and Happy Valley) but I can meet really anywhere. Scottsdale, Glendale, Peoria. If you're willing to let me follow along on the drive it would be greatly appreciated. Please pm me your number so we can arrange a meet up

Dravur and MrVTX live out that way.

You can try and text Chuck (VTx) at (602) 980-nine-nine-12

KaJeep
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 2nd Annual Halloween Night Run and Grill, Box Canyon - 10/29 Reply with quote

In for camping only with wife & dog.

BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 2nd Annual Halloween Night Run and Grill, Box Canyon - 10/29 Reply with quote

I found 4guage

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 2nd Annual Halloween Night Run and Grill, Box Canyon - 10/29 Reply with quote

Epic, just epic

Brentphx
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: 2nd Annual Halloween Night Run and Grill, Box Canyon - 1 Reply with quote

The few pics that came out well enough... camera lens was gooed up with kid hands.

One quick video from the beginning of the canyon is still being processed by Google, can't get a link yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: