Tuesday, May 23, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Tonopah
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 1930

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 55
Total: 56
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: pack-smart > Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › Charouleau Gap Run - Nov 20th - 7AM
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Charouleau Gap Run - Nov 20th - 7AM
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PureStreet
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Charouleau Gap Run - Nov 20th - 7AM Reply with quote

Just checked my travel schedule and I won't be getting home until the morning of the 20th so I'm out.

Luckily, that's my last travel weekend for the year so hopefully I get get out with you guys more often after that.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Charouleau Gap Run - Nov 20th - 7AM Reply with quote

Might get a chance to try out my New Winch on the 'Bumper Eater'

An example of some of the stuff you'll be dealing with.

With a good crew, good spotting, and careful obstacle negotiation - you can do this trail. This trail should be on everyone's bucket list. It's probably in the top 5 for Arizona.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Charouleau Gap Run - Nov 20th - 7AM Reply with quote

the area around Bumper Eater is nearly unrecognizable, last time we were out there all the dirt was gone, the "canyon" had been scoured down bare rock, whole new world of pain in there now. Fun, but still pain.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
Velociraptor
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Charouleau Gap Run - Nov 20th - 7AM Reply with quote

A few more pics from past Gap runs...

"Unsurvivable"

Trail is the creek

Funny Sign

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Charouleau Gap Run - Nov 20th - 7AM Reply with quote

That sign is the best, so True, and so properly placed.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Velociraptor
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Charouleau Gap Run - Nov 20th - 7AM Reply with quote

Hey Cactusman, did you get skids yet?

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Charouleau Gap Run - Nov 20th - 7AM Reply with quote

I'm PUMPED.
I started writing up my Trails Offroad novella.

Shooter
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Charouleau Gap Run - Nov 20th - 7AM Reply with quote

Sorry but we aren't going to be able to try out our skidplates on this run Ken. Just decided to go back home for Thanksgiving and are leaving this weekend.

Have a great clean up and run on Sunday.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Charouleau Gap Run - Nov 20th - 7AM Reply with quote

Awww Shooter! Fly safe

Velociraptor
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Charouleau Gap Run - Nov 20th - 7AM Reply with quote

Hey AZFJ peeps,

If you are on the MAYBE list, take a minute to either confirm you are going this Sunday OR let us know you are out.

MAYBE:
1. Mouzer11
2. PureStreet
3. Terry White

Last edited by Velociraptor on Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
BitCrazy
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Charouleau Gap Run - Nov 20th - 7AM Reply with quote

Sorry im out. Got too much to do. I have yet to do this run.. guess i wont get to.. Sad

Maltajo wrote:
For the inaugural run of AZFJ Tucson Second Saturday Runs, in honor of the mother of this invention...
Maltajo
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Charouleau Gap Run - Nov 20th - 7AM Reply with quote

Sorry Ken.
I won't be able to make this run!
Take a lot of pics and look for my Lug nut lock key!!!

See you soon!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
BitCrazy
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Charouleau Gap Run - Nov 20th - 7AM Reply with quote

Maltajo wrote:
Sorry Ken.
I won't be able to make this run!
Take a lot of pics and look for my Lug nut lock key!!!

See you soon!!

Lol joe!

Maltajo wrote:
For the inaugural run of AZFJ Tucson Second Saturday Runs, in honor of the mother of this invention...
Cactusman
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Charouleau Gap Run - Nov 20th - 7AM Reply with quote

I am out.

Velociraptor
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Charouleau Gap Run - Nov 20th - 7AM Reply with quote

OK folks, still waiting to hear from a few more Maybe(s). Weather is going to be perfect for this run!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: