Wednesday, April 26, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Viperchick76
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1919

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 30
Total: 30
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › Need suggestions. Wheeling to a fishing spot.
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Need suggestions. Wheeling to a fishing spot.
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cactusman
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject: Need suggestions. Wheeling to a fishing spot. Reply with quote

Looking for good fishing spots that I can wheel to with a friend. Any suggestions? If you don't want to divulge you're favorite fishing spot you could pm me.... Wink

Thanks for any help you can offer!

azflycaster
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Need suggestions. Wheeling to a fishing spot. Reply with quote

Here's one of the coolest spots in the state. Not to much of a challenge wheeling if it's dry and you stay on the marked roads. Be prepared to rock hop the creek to find the trout and there's lots of them! Great camping spots all over, big time bear country! Just went down there on Monday to difficult to fish with the dog.

itsafjthing
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Need suggestions. Wheeling to a fishing spot. Reply with quote

Several variables in that question which may come into play. Such as what kind of fish do you want to go for, what type of wheeling and how far of a drive? Bartlett has a very minor "wheeling spot" by the flats. If you go down the dirt road towards the river area that flows out of horseshoe the flathead fishing is pretty good. Buy you only go down about a half mile or less and the road is very easy.

Cactusman
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Need suggestions. Wheeling to a fishing spot. Reply with quote

Any type of fishing would be good. I'm looking for a decent amount of wheeling. More overland, less rock. And somewhere to camp.

Shore fishing is all I know how to do, but I don't mind trying for trout.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: