Saturday, October 20, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Sequoiacrawler
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2058

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 163
Total: 163
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › Rice Peak Sunday August 7th 2.5-3.0
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Rice Peak Sunday August 7th 2.5-3.0
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BitCrazy
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: Rice Peak Sunday August 7th 2.5-3.0 Reply with quote

Yeah he's been having dizzy spells

Maltajo wrote:
For the inaugural run of AZFJ Tucson Second Saturday Runs, in honor of the mother of this invention...
Maltajo
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Rice Peak Sunday August 7th 2.5-3.0 Reply with quote

9:20.
On my way!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Rice Peak Sunday August 7th 2.5-3.0 Reply with quote

Ronnie late but on the way

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
airconditionednightmare
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Rice Peak Sunday August 7th 2.5-3.0 Reply with quote

We're coming but gonna be late. Like real late. Are the GPS coordinates for the trail? We will try to catch up unless anyone else is going to be really late.
Maltajo
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Rice Peak Sunday August 7th 2.5-3.0 Reply with quote

10:19 leaving meet point

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
Maltajo
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Rice Peak Sunday August 7th 2.5-3.0 Reply with quote

In oracle circle k
10:46

CRAZYJOHN
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Rice Peak Sunday August 7th 2.5-3.0 Reply with quote

Home and it feels good! had a great time and so did my 9yr old grand daughter Mya .

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Rice Peak Sunday August 7th 2.5-3.0 Reply with quote

What a great day today
    Trails offroad mapping, 25 waypoint including
    13 dispersed campspots
    Conquered the horrible off camber obstacle w my locker
    Drove to the top of the summit for the first time
    Had some Malta jo pasties yum
    Enjoyed his recovery episode
    Scouted a new trail /4475 to 4472 to mt lemmon control rd.
    Made a nice loop out of Rice peak route
    Captured a road rage incident on the way down the front side on my gopro which was running.
    Was the focus of a Facebook missing person search...oh yay. Why do I bother with aprs? Hmmm? 😠 I guess the battery ran out
    aprs.fi/#!mt=roadmap&z...tail=43200
Man am I tired

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Maltajo
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Rice Peak Sunday August 7th 2.5-3.0 Reply with quote

That was one great adventure to Rice Peak!
I sure do know more about The Catalinas then I did before!
Jimbo put me in lead on the way up (first timer!) and got everybody to the base of the final Rice Peak assent without much damage, (except for Jim and CRAZYJOHN who were mapping out the trail).

Jim led us on a different trail on the way down and I got stuck on a switchback!

Help was on the way but I got myself out of it with the help of my co pilot Brick before they got there, (thanks Lynn and CRAZYJOHN)

The rest of the crew then took the Trail to Mt Lemon while Brick and I headed back to Oracle and grabbed a beer at the Ore House before heading home.
Thanks to all who came out!

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Rice Peak Sunday August 7th 2.5-3.0 Reply with quote

Thanks for leading Maltajo, you picked a good lunch spot
Nice to meet you and your family Gill.
Nice FJ60 . So jealous of your strait axle
I didn't see your stuckage Joe so I can't comment on it. Working on about 30gb of video.

Last edited by Jimbolio on Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
airconditionednightmare
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Rice Peak Sunday August 7th 2.5-3.0 Reply with quote

We didn't get abducted by aliens or border patrol. I thought our GPS was being weird so we decided we'd never catch up and that we'd explore Tucson a bit ourselves. And then ended up on the backway to Mt. Lemmon, which was pretty cool.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Rice Peak Sunday August 7th 2.5-3.0 Reply with quote

Missed a Hairy ascent. Next time.

AZFJ4AK
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Rice Peak Sunday August 7th 2.5-3.0 Reply with quote

Thanks for getting us out there, Jim! I was glad to see last night that you made it back safely.

Now that I'm down, I can say that it was great fun. I'm not a fan of steep descents when hiking or on pavement, so that was a challenge for me. And doing some of that backwards made it more of a hoot! I'll all be fine though, once my fingers stop aching from gripping the steering wheel too tightly. 😀 Just kidding...sort of.

As always, it was great hanging with folks I already know, meeting new people, seeing free range cattle and learning more about the astounding capabilities of these vehicles. Sometimes, ya just have to let go and let FJ.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Rice Peak Sunday August 7th 2.5-3.0 Reply with quote

ThankS everyone for worrying about me.

You had every reason to be worried

glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Rice Peak Sunday August 7th 2.5-3.0 Reply with quote

Great video, love the soundtrack.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: