Tuesday, August 22, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: RideAndHover
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1960

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 42
Total: 42
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › General Discussion › Psa...west nile virus
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Psa...west nile virus
This forum is for general topics concerning the AZFJ community that do not fit in the other sections. This is not your offtopic rant forum. Please be respectful and keep it clean.
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexGeneral Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:35 am    Post subject: Psa...west nile virus Reply with quote

Hey everyone just a friendly reminder.

Use bug spray when outdoors and stay away from mosquitoes.

Jen hasnt been feeling well for the past couple weeks, and last week developed a rash over her entire body. So we where thinking maybe measels (we have been in the places of recent reported cases).
So last monday we took her to urgent care they took a bunch of blood for testing and rold her more than likely its not measels but not sure what it is.
So during the past week the rash has gone away but ahe has eye pain,headachs, body aches, and dissiness and bots of forgetting stuff.
Well we got the call on Sunday
She has west nile virus, there is no cure or magic pill to make you feel better.
1 and 5 people that get bit and contract it will show symptoms for a few days. And 1%of those will actually contract the virus. Jen is a 1percenter.
We went to primary yesterday and they are going to do a lumbar on her hoping the infection isnt in her spinal fluid.
If it is thats really bad cause it can go into her brain and there is no coming back from that.
The cdc has been notified and now she is waiting for a infectionous disease doctor to take over.
I never really understood how serious west nile can bee, now i know and you should too.

azfj owners are the best
Maltajo
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Psa...west nile virus Reply with quote

Thank you for posting this!
Keeping Jen in our thoughts!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
CrazyCooter
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: Psa...west nile virus Reply with quote

Oh no! She sure is in my prayers! That aint no good at all. Git well Miss Glideraz
duner
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: Psa...west nile virus Reply with quote

We are covered with bites from our trip last weekend and we used spray, burning sticks etc and still got bit, sending good vibes your way!!
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Psa...west nile virus Reply with quote

Same as Duner bit by no see us
Jen will get better
We all love her to much for that not to be true

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Finn
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Psa...west nile virus Reply with quote

Praying for you guys! Let me know if there's anything I can do.

glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Psa...west nile virus Reply with quote

She's a tough cookie for sure. She refuses to let this beat her down
Only 1 day so far that she has stayed home from working.

azfj owners are the best
K9OL
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Psa...west nile virus Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that Brian... Here's to a speedy recovery!
Grinder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Psa...west nile virus Reply with quote

glideraz wrote:
She's a tough cookie for sure. She refuses to let this beat her down
Only 1 day so far that she has stayed home from working.

Jen is a rockstar for sure! But we all knew that. Praying for her and being extra careful. Thanks for sharing the information.

4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Psa...west nile virus Reply with quote

Holy CRAP!!

Well, you two sure don't take the easy way through things. Hopeing for a speedy and complete recovery. Try to rest a little, I know that seems nearly impossible most of the time and I'm also the sort that powers through illness to keep working, but this one, this bug your body has to fight on it's own, and it needs some rest to do it.
Maybe we can cover your house in plastic and do a whole re-enactment from the movie E.T. while you get a bit of rest. That's a terrible idea but it is kinda funny, keeps you resting, and would probably make for a great you tube video, get you some viral marketing going. A few laughs can go a long way to recovery.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Psa...west nile virus Reply with quote

Same as Duner bit by no see ums
Jen will get better
We all love her to much for that not to be true

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
TOY4WD
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Psa...west nile virus Reply with quote

That is horrible news. You always hear about this disease and never pay attention, thinking it will never happen to me. Hopefully she gets over this without any long term health issues. Thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.
glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Psa...west nile virus Reply with quote

Thank you for the well wishes everyone.
I showed her this post (she is a facebookie) and it made her cry a bit. And she said she loves her fj peeps. And thank you again.
She's doing a lot of bed rest right now which is good.
I will keep everyone posted on her condition.

azfj owners are the best
CRAZYJOHN
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Psa...west nile virus Reply with quote

HI Guys,Sorry to here about the bad news , Trish and I hope for the better.Get well SOON Jen.

ratfink
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Psa...west nile virus Reply with quote

Well wishes sent your way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: