Tuesday, August 22, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: RideAndHover
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1960

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 46
Total: 46
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Land Use › Proposed closure of Cherry Creek trail
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Proposed closure of Cherry Creek trail
Meetings, access issues, cleanups, news, land use info.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1Louder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:18 am    Post subject: Proposed closure of Cherry Creek trail Reply with quote

40 page document. Page 34 has the details. Third document in the list. DraftROD_**

It looks like there may be a limited time for rebuttal.

Closure of Cherry Creek Rd

data.ecosystem-managem...ject=28967

Page 34

"Forest Service Road 203, also known as the Cherry Creek Road, will be closed to all motor vehicle use until such time as this route is no longer within the designated boundary of the Sierra Ancha Wilderness. When this route is no longer within the wilderness boundary or as otherwise authorized by Congressional action, it will be opened and designated as a full-sized motorized trail. The effects of both of these actions have been described in chapter 2 and analyzed by resource area in chapter 3 in the final environmental impact statement."
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: Proposed closure of Cherry Creek trail Reply with quote

So totally shutting down access to several historic sites, and active ranches. so much fun. It's too early in the morning for me to be able to read through the whole thing. But since Tonto isn't well know for it's MVUM compliance, this entire proposal warrants full attention, once I'm more awake.

Sad

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Proposed closure of Cherry Creek trail Reply with quote

YOU can still walk or ride a horse. I guess the ranchers will be going back to horse and buggy.

KD7YKB
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Photo Gallery
tanman
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Proposed closure of Cherry Creek trail Reply with quote

I drove to Devil's Chasm on Cherry Creek yesterday. None of the road is being maintained. There are two spots where sand washes that cross the road have cut through 1/2 the road, several feet deep. This is in the area of the first few ranches. Be very careful if you try the road at night. Those two spots would drop a truck down onto it's frame, wheels dangling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Land Use All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: