Wednesday, August 16, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: RideAndHover
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1960

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 49
Total: 49
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › 4x4 Tech › Another non hijacked slider thread
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Another non hijacked slider thread
Howtos, reviews, and gear questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
itsafjthing
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:45 am    Post subject: Another non hijacked slider thread Reply with quote

I recently purchased a set of used all pro sliders for the FJ. They look very well made and designed. Here's a question/dilemma I have though and this may also help others in this area in the future when purchasing used car equipment. I realized after arriving to pick them up there was no bolt kit to be had. I thought well ok I can hopefully use the OEM bolts that came with the oem sliders. After further reading "all pro's product page" I then realized they come when purchased new with a complete grade 10.9 installation kit. Kit being two parking break relocation tab plates, nuts, washers, lock nuts, and of course 16 bolts. So umm I was hoping someone on this awesome non-member forum might have some experience with this topic since we are talking about about sliders or info or an answer. Basically in my opinion most people on here probably have much more knowledge than I do currently. As well as and including mechanical experience, patience and general mechanical inclination and know-how....!

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Another non hijacked slider thread Reply with quote

I have good experience with AllPro Offroad providing said bolt kit in the proper proportions if you buy from them direct. Best bet is to call on the phone. Pretty cheap way to go too. Then you don't have to Ace Hardware it.

This is one DIY project that will save you money buying the OEM parts.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Robinhood4x4
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: Another non hijacked slider thread Reply with quote

There's a place south of the airport called Mcfadden Dale and they are an industrial hardware store...think Ace Hardware on steroids but cheaper. They've got pretty good pricing on fastener stuff.

Alternatively you can try ordering from Grainger and pick up at the store.

itsafjthing
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: Another non hijacked slider thread Reply with quote

@ Jimbolio-thanks for the replies on both threads. I will definite call all pro today and see what they say. I might just go that route depending on what they say obviously.

@ Robinhood4x4-that's actually another response that I was hoping for. Good to know. I may look into them as well depending on what all pro says. I know the sizes and material strength I just didn't know what the total specifics were according to all-pro. I recently purchased a used tuffy security console and realized my factory bolts weren't adequate for installation. I then looked up the tuffy part kit info and purchased essentially the same grade and exact same size hardware for the console installation. I was actually quite proud of myself because I also picked up some plastic bolt clip, cover up, snap on thingys to keep the bolt tops from scratching/damaging items stored in the console. And I pretty much always seem to suck at diy car project/mechanic projects eBen the simple ones such as bolting stuff on.

calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Another non hijacked slider thread Reply with quote

I'm guessing good results with All-Pro, but...

www.mcmaster.com/
if you can't find a fastener you need on there, you probably dont' really need it Smile

another resource you might have locally:
www.copperstate.com/

marksbolts.com/

www.swfastener.com/

www.duncanbolt.com/

previously mentioned:
mcfaddendalehardware.com/
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Another non hijacked slider thread Reply with quote

calichaos wrote:
I'm guessing good results with All-Pro, but...

www.mcmaster.com/
if you can't find a fastener you need on there, you probably dont' really need it Smile

Well damn, I don't currently "need" any fasteners but, after checking out McMaster I feel like I am going to order a few "totally useful someday" items just to not let the info go to waste. Seriously, so much stuff..

Great info calichaos!

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> 4x4 Tech All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: