Sunday, May 28, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: LifestyleOverland
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1932

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 42
Total: 42
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › 4x4 Tech › Input on Sliders?
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Input on Sliders?
Howtos, reviews, and gear questions
Go to page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Input on Sliders? Reply with quote

I got a discount from demello for being in this weird non-member club thing when I ordered my bumper. Just something to note.

calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Input on Sliders? Reply with quote

you can get EXACTLY what you want...

azfj.org/index.php?nam...ic&t=11100

bonus 1: support local business
bonus 2: wont be "like everyone else"
bonus 3: you can name them anything you want - "BmblB stinger extreme"
bonus 4: save money on shipping
bonus 5: save money

still want a off the shelf solution? TrailGear makes a set
www.trail-gear.com/TG/...1-KIT.aspx

been running these since 2008; bashed; mashed and abused and show no signs of diminished protection yet!
itsafjthing
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Input on Sliders? Reply with quote

The all pro sliders that I recently purchased a set of appear very well made and designed. Here's a question/dilemma I have though and this may also help you in the future when purchasing sliders. After driving across town to pick them up I realized upon insection there was no bolt kit to be had. I thought well ok I can hopefully use the OEM bolts that came with the oem sliders. After further reading "all pro's product page" I then realized they come when purchased new with a complete grade 10.9 installation kit. Kit being two parking break relocation tab plates, nuts, washers, lock nuts, and of course 16 bolts. So umm I was hoping someone on this awesome non-member forum might have some experience with this topic since we are talking about about sliders or info or an answer. Basically in my opinion most people on here probably have much more knowledge than I do currently. As well as and including mechanical experience, patience and general mechanical inclination and know-how....!

BmblBFJ
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Input on Sliders? Reply with quote

itsafjthing wrote:
The all pro sliders that I recently purchased a set of appear very well made and designed. Here's a question/dilemma I have though and this may also help you in the future when purchasing sliders. After driving across town to pick them up I realized upon insection there was no bolt kit to be had. I thought well ok I can hopefully use the OEM bolts that came with the oem sliders. After further reading "all pro's product page" I then realized they come when purchased new with a complete grade 10.9 installation kit. Kit being two parking break relocation tab plates, nuts, washers, lock nuts, and of course 16 bolts. So umm I was hoping someone on this awesome non-member forum might have some experience with this topic since we are talking about about sliders or info or an answer. Basically in my opinion most people on here probably have much more knowledge than I do currently. As well as and including mechanical experience, patience and general mechanical inclination and know-how....!

I'd contact AllPro and see if they can sell you just the hardware kit. I'm not sure what the relocation bracket looks like but I'm sure you could find somebody to fab some up for you!

And if your OEM sliders need a new home I'm your man! Laughing

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Input on Sliders? Reply with quote

www.allprooffroad.com/...contact-us

Give them a call, they have hooked me up more than once. Same situation, non-member sell me down, where they needed to keep the hardware.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Velociraptor
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Input on Sliders? Reply with quote

Like Finn and ProjectTitus, I have Demello sliders which work great and double as a step to ease getting in and out of a lifted rig. I have also noticed that when people park too close, their car door will hit the sliders and not my rig.

itsafjthing
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Input on Sliders? Reply with quote

@-Jimbolio thanks again for the response I will contact them today.
@-BmblBFJ- I will keep you in mind for the oem sliders once I know and see what happens with these all amazing all-pros. But you are in Tucson. I have been known to head South before though that way.

TUFFY
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Input on Sliders? Reply with quote

Exp 1

spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Input on Sliders? Reply with quote

CBI Offroad!

spaldam.com/about/contribute#amazon

KD7YKB
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Photo Gallery
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Input on Sliders? Reply with quote

spaldam wrote:
CBI Offroad!

Their Toyota page doesn't list FJ Cruiser..

www.cbioffroadfab.com/...-products/

But I guess if your vehicle is a 4Runner / Tacoma / Tundra you would be in luck!
spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Input on Sliders? Reply with quote

They are working on them. At lest that's what they told me at the Expo. I've had their sliders on a Tacoma before, and they were awesome.

spaldam.com/about/contribute#amazon

KD7YKB
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Photo Gallery
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> 4x4 Tech All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: