Wednesday, May 24, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: KCPfj
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1931

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 40
Total: 41
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: GillT > Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › 4x4 Tech › How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you!
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you!
Howtos, reviews, and gear questions
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you! Reply with quote

1Louder wrote:
I have updated my original post. It's really easy. Just email support @ gaiagps.com, tell them you are with AZFJ.org and you would like a free pro subscription. Send your requests starting this Friday.

Enjoy!
Chris
Friday!? But that's like more than 24 hours away!? GAH! How will i even get anywhere till then?

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you! Reply with quote

Thanks for doing this Chris

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
1Louder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you! Reply with quote

4GaugeSurprise wrote:
1Louder wrote:
I have updated my original post. It's really easy. Just email support @ gaiagps.com, tell them you are with AZFJ.org and you would like a free pro subscription. Send your requests starting this Friday.

Enjoy!
Chris
Friday!? But that's like more than 24 hours away!? GAH! How will i even get anywhere till then?

You could try this afternoon... I was trying to give them some time. In the meantime call Jimbolio for directions!
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you! Reply with quote

Happy to oblige. Only got lost once (Actually twice, because I missed the trail in the exact same spot at Off Camber)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you! Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
Happy to oblige. Only got lost once (Actually twice, because I missed the trail in the exact same spot at Off Camber)
Jimbolio, don't forget the time we sort of got lost following me Smile maybe it wasn't so much "lost" as it was "uncharted adventure". Smile

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
Velociraptor
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you! Reply with quote

Which version you use iOS or Android iOS
Have you used GAIA Pro in the past? YES & Current Subscribed
How long have you used GAIA? 1.5 years
Do you have a favorite source for getting GPX tracks for areas you have never been to? AZFJ.org, Experience Arizona - 4WD Trails, Trail Damage and dirtopia

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you! Reply with quote

4GaugeSurprise wrote:
Jimbolio wrote:
Jimbolio, don't forget the time we sort of got lost following me Smile maybe it wasn't so much "lost" as it was "uncharted adventure". Smile

Do you have some documentation like I did? I thought this Gaia capture was pretty funny.

1Louder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you! Reply with quote

I just heard back from GAIA and the codes are now ready so have at it! If you are already a Pro Subscriber you will get a year free as well tacked on to your existing subscription.

Also, folks a new up and coming site called Trails Offroad has lots of tracks. A few of us non-members are contributors to that site so check it out!
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you! Reply with quote

That trails offroad stuff must be very popular, people were lining up to eat their Waffelzz!
Spaldam was in their booth.

FatRat
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you! Reply with quote

Chris, any chance we will see a GAIA and APRS marriage any time soon.
1Louder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you! Reply with quote

FatRat wrote:
Chris, any chance we will see a GAIA and APRS marriage any time soon.

Sadly I think it is pretty unlikely BUT the more that contact GAIA and ask about it the better chance it will happen.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you! Reply with quote

Contacted support today. We'll see what happens.

Thoreau
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you! Reply with quote

Wow, mention free stuff and the thread takes off like a rocket!

Homedad wrote:
What are the odds of shooting at an FJ and not getting shot back???
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you! Reply with quote

Well slap my ass and call me Sally

Gmail-Gaia wrote:
##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Your request (3010) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Ruthie
Ruthie (Gaia GPS)
May 29, 21:02

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your interest in using Gaia GPS. We're excited to share GaiaPro with AZFJ.

Please take a free 1-year subscription to GaiaPro with our best wishes:

To redeem your subscription:

Head to gaiagps.com
Register for an account (if you don't already have one)
Under your username, go to "My Subscriptions" and click "Redeem a Gift Code"
Enter this code: #######
Once you've redeemed the code, you can use GaiaPro as a standalone service on gaiagps.com, or as an enhancement to the mobile app, which you can find in the App Store or on Google Play.

On the web, you can measure and plan routes, import and manage data for free, print unlimited maps and select custom waypoint icons, too.

A GaiaPro subscription also unlocks additional features in the Gaia GPS app like layering maps, creating & measuring Polygons, Elevation Lookups, and more.

If you have any questions at all, please let me know.

Kind regards,
Ruthie Irvin
Gaia GPS
Adventure Support

Get priority support with GaiaPro.

>>>Jim L
>>>May 29, 15:08

>>>>>>I'm with the azfj.org group.

>>>>>>Login name is 'ji<securityblur>io'. I use this email for my account.

>>>>>>I would like a free GaiaGPS pro subscription

>>>>>>Thank you.

This email is a service from Gaia GPS. Delivered by Zendesk
[J6DQ5Q-7RLN]

Last edited by Jimbolio on Mon May 30, 2016 9:26 am; edited 3 times in total
CeeFish
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you! Reply with quote

Email sent this morning. Thanks Chris!

ETA, response with free one year subscription email received back within two hours on a holiday!!!

Thanks Gaia!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> 4x4 Tech All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: