Tuesday, May 23, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Tonopah
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 1930

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 36
Total: 37
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: Bliss > Home

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › 4x4 Tech › How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you!
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you!
Howtos, reviews, and gear questions
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1Louder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:21 am    Post subject: How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you! Reply with quote

Gaia GPS is offering one free year of their GaiaPro subscription to any participants of AZFJ.org forum. GaiaPro can be used as a standalone service on gaiagps.com, or as an enhancement to the mobile app (purchased separately for iOS or Android). To redeem this offer, simply email support @ gaiagps.com and mention the AZFJ forum.

Please don’t contact support until Friday 5/27 so AZFJ can be added into their system.

GAIA would like users to post feedback their user forum. Info can be found here: www.gaiagps.com/company/forums/

I should be getting some free license keys in the near future and will figure out a fair way to give them away.

Thanks,
Chris

Original Post:
Please don't turn this thread into a debate about the best app our there. There are plenty of good ones. I am now an unofficial "Brand Evangelist" for GAIA and they are nice enough to give any non-members a free 1 year GAIA Pro upgrade ($40.00 Value). I am also working on some possible free application licenses to give away for those that have not used GAIA. The details on how to get your free pro upgrade will be posted soon. In the mean time if you can post up the following it would be very helpful. GAIA wants to put some focus on the off-road/overlanding community and these freebies should help get a broader audience. I am a 3-year user and happy to support GAIA's efforts.

Please post up the following:

Which version you use iOS or Android
Have you used GAIA Pro in the past?
How long have you used GAIA?
Do you have a favorite source for getting GPX tracks for areas you have never been to?

www.gaiagps.com

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited by 1Louder on Wed May 25, 2016 9:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you! Reply with quote

[quote="1louder"]Which version you use iOS or Android ANDROID
Have you used GAIA Pro in the past? YES & Current Subscribed
How long have you used GAIA? 2 1/2 years
Do you have a favorite source for getting GPX tracks for areas you have never been to? AZFJ.org, Experience Arizona and Hikearizona.com[\quote]

What do I get for being a loyal customer of Gaia Pro?

Last edited by Jimbolio on Wed May 25, 2016 7:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
1Louder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you! Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:

A heartfelt thank you from the entire GAIA team! and your next year of Pro for free. At least I believe that is what they will do.
Grinder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you! Reply with quote

Which version you use iOS or Android: iOS
Have you used GAIA Pro in the past?: Believe so
How long have you used GAIA?: 2-ish years
Do you have a favorite source for getting GPX tracks for areas you have never been to?: Still learning how to use it. (Don't use it often)

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you! Reply with quote

1Louder wrote:
Jimbolio wrote:

A heartfelt thank you from the entire GAIA team! and your next year of Pro for free. At least I believe that is what they will do.

What? No keychain or T-shirt? Pfffft..
(I literally just paid them last month I fear I shan't recall this thread next May ). Just breaking your THIS Chris...

Last edited by Jimbolio on Wed May 25, 2016 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
KaJeep
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you! Reply with quote

Which version you use: Android
Have you used GAIA Pro in the past? No.
How long have you used GAIA? 2-3yrs?
Do you have a favorite source for getting GPX tracks for areas you have never been to? The interwebs

progolfer_20
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you! Reply with quote

1Louder wrote:

Please post up the following:

Which version you use iOS or Android. Android
Have you used GAIA Pro in the past? Yes
How long have you used GAIA? 2 years
Do you have a favorite source for getting GPX tracks for areas you have never been to? No

www.gaiagps.com

Thanks,
Chris

1Louder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you! Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
1Louder wrote:
Jimbolio wrote:

(I literally just paid them last month I fear I shan't recall this thread next May ). Chris...

You won't have to remember. It will just say your subscription now expires in 2018. Other than that I can't do anything else for folks as bitter as you!!!!!!

Laughing Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Very Happy
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you! Reply with quote

I guess I can see if my beautiful navigator would like to give GAIA a try.

Which version you use iOS or Android: Android versions 4.3.1, 4.4.4, 5.1.1, 6.0.1 - on various devices.
Have you used GAIA Pro in the past? No
How long have you used GAIA? I tried it for about a week
Do you have a favorite source for getting GPX tracks for areas you have never been to? I pull maps from various sources including AZFJ, friends, self compiled, various hiking and off-road sites, Google Maps and Orux Maps, US Forest Service.... I more often use detailed maps rather than actual GPX tracks to follow.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you! Reply with quote

1Louder wrote:
Jimbolio wrote:
1Louder wrote:
Jimbolio wrote:

(I literally just paid them last month I fear I shan't recall this thread next May ). Chris...

You won't have to remember. It will just say your subscription now expires in 2018. Other than that I can't do anything else for folks as bitter as you!!!!!!

Laughing Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Very Happy

Actually, it said my subscription renews in April 2016, and then it says it again. SO I am now TRIPLE subscribed. And Im not bitter. I'm better.

Cactusman
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you! Reply with quote

Which version you use iOS or Android: Android
Have you used GAIA Pro in the past? No, but I would like to. Seems like a great tool
How long have you used GAIA? A couple weeks. Just found out about it.
Do you have a favorite source for getting GPX tracks for areas you have never been to? Friends, AZFJ and various places on the web.

Last edited by Cactusman on Thu May 26, 2016 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total
CeeFish
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you! Reply with quote

I'm in.

IOS 15 (beta)
Yes
7 years
You!
toyo22r
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you! Reply with quote

Which version you use iOS or Android ANDROID
Have you used GAIA Pro in the past? NO
How long have you used GAIA? 2.5yrs
Do you have a favorite source for getting GPX tracks for areas you have never been to? Various online sources or plot my own via Google Earth

TLCA# 18990
FatRat
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you! Reply with quote

Android
Nope, never used pro
About 2 years
Actually, I like the share maps on GAIAGPS and plotting my own.
1Louder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you! Reply with quote

I have updated my original post. It's really easy. Just email support @ gaiagps.com, tell them you are with AZFJ.org and you would like a free pro subscription. Send your requests starting this Friday.

Enjoy!
Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> 4x4 Tech All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: