Sunday, August 19, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Kowboy26
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 2048

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 66
Total: 66
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Classifieds › Free to good home. Need AZFJ help
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Free to good home. Need AZFJ help
Sell all worldly possessions here. Commercial advertising prohibited, read forum rules.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:49 am    Post subject: Free to good home. Need AZFJ help Reply with quote

Everyone, I was in Phoenix this weekend visiting turtle back trailers. My wife spotted a little dog and wanted to stop. It's a chihuahua mix with a weener dog I think. We posted to craigslist in hopes her owners were looking. Took her to animal shelter and learned she is about a year old. Spayed with tattoo. No chip. She is a sweet dog. Well cared for. But my family and I cannot keep her. We are headed back to Tucson today and will take her to the shelter (HALO) before leaving town. I wish I could keep her but I cannot. I want her to be in a good family and it seems HALO is my only option unless someone here is looking for a dog? If so, call me at 520-7 three zero 5 1 seven eight. Will be leaving for Tucson after lunch.
Thanks
Aaron

Also includes two SS bowls, harness leash...bed and crate. And a toy. She plays tug of war and fetch!
K9OL
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Free to good home. Need AZFJ help Reply with quote

You 're a good man Aaron... Most folks would have kept on going. Would love to help however we are currently at 3 rescue pup's now.

Rescue Pup's are the Best Breed. 🐾
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Free to good home. Need AZFJ help Reply with quote

Since it's spayed AND "well cared for", and knowing the area well, that dog is probably one of the very many that has a home there, but is left to wander about. It seems that small dogs in particular are treated much like outdoor cats in this aspect. Sadly, this seems to be more the norm for the area. * I don't feel pets should roam freely in urban (or suburban) areas. *
Personally, I would return it to the area so it can go home on it's own, even this is not how I would treat my own pets.

I understand the part that sucks is trying to accept that others "care" for their dogs by letting them roam free (to possibly get hit by a car or eaten by a coyote or large bird in this case). I don't agree with keeping an animal like that, but a lot of people don't agree with a lot of stuff I do either.

Whatever you choose to do, I have no doubt you are acting with the best of intentions and I'm not criticizing in any way regardless of what turns out. Simply sharing the perspective from that neighborhood, up to you to decide.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Free to good home. Need AZFJ help Reply with quote

Thanks guys for the posts.

Marty...I agree...rescue pets can be the best pets.

Mark, I hear you loud and clear and agree completely. We went back to the place we found her and walked around a little. Needless to say....we stood out. No owners were found. And we could not in good conscience leave her there. We took her to Lost Our Home pet foundation. They are a no kill adoption agency. It felt very good there and they were happy to have her as she is pretty and very sweet and adoptable. We were stressing about taking her to the animal shelter. And we were both sad to leave her but we feel it's the best for her. We just don't have the time at home to care for her like she deserves.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: