Wednesday, July 26, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: kyle.hoefer
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 1949

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 82
Total: 82
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › FJ Summit 10
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
FJ Summit 10
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Splagg
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

Ascending Black Bear Pass - almost to the summit

End of the run on California/Corkscrew (Friday - first Summit Lead)

Yankee Boy - Near the top looking back down

California Pass Summit

Bridge coming in to Animas Forks on the Cali/Corkscrew run

Night run on Thursday - Mineral Creek to Oh! Point, on the descent back to town.

Front row of the group photo Sunday Morning

End of Yankee Boy, looking up (by the end, I mean end of MV travel - there was still another mile+ to hike to the lake. F that at 12000ft).

Falls on Black Bear switchbacks

Stopped in traffic on 550 for road construction on the way into Ouray on Wednesday late morning. Just enough of a delay to miss the Gulches pre-run.

Approximately 10% of the line to the carwash on Saturday afternoon.

Posing on Black Bear Pass Summit

Knoll near Animus Forks, coming down from Cinnamon Pass (& Engineer bypass). Took some great photos for my group here near the end of our Alpine Loop run on Saturday (& still made it back for the free wash)!

Group effort to free crazysanman from the gnarly spot headed up Mineral Creek. This caused our Alpine Loop run to have just about perfect timing (without the delay we would've been on top of the group ahead). I didn't get a pic of our trail repair on Cali/Corkscrew on Friday - a punctured sidewall called for tire replacement.

pazzo_fj
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

Amazing pictures! Glad I'm not the only one that had an awesome time!

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

Awesome Stuff Dan. You earned about every sticker there was.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Splagg
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
Awesome Stuff Dan. You earned about every sticker there was.

Naaaawwww, I left a few goodies for next year!

1) I have yet to drive Imogene and get that iconic pic
2) I didn't check out Silver Basin - gotta get off the beaten path for that one
3) Still haven't driven Last Dollar or been anywhere north of Ouray (I hear there's great Pizza & Beer in Ridgeway)
4) Gotta get that Poughkeepsie wall conquered - haven't tried it yet

Plus I didn't have any time for a soak in the hot springs this year so that's a must for next.

And I only visited about 6 dispensaries. There's a good 40 more that I should probably check out...

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

Lol

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

pazzo_fj wrote:
Splagg wrote:
Or get to CO a few days early and try to slay some trout!

I recommend Riggs Fly Shop out of Ridgway. I booked a guide last Monday and had a great time and landed the biggest trout of my life! She was 30" and 11lbs. We chased her 200 yards down river for about 20 minutes.

Ed you really need to make this your Avatar

Cypher
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

K9OL wrote:
Cypher wrote:

Shocked

...you ran Black Bear in the dark?!?! It is obvious that you died on the trail and you're sending us this message from the afterlife. Amazing!

Would you like to ride shotgun next time?

No way in hell am I ever riding passenger on BB, LOL! I don't care who is driving. It is me driving or nothing. I think passengers have the most difficult seat in a truck on BB, they have no control of anything haha.

Nicely done sir. Cool photos!

Cypher
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

Great photos Splagg!

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
K9OL wrote:
Cypher wrote:

Shocked

...you ran Black Bear in the dark?!?! It is obvious that you died on the trail and you're sending us this message from the afterlife. Amazing!

No way in hell am I ever riding passenger on BB, LOL! I don't care who is driving. It is me driving or nothing. I think passengers have the most difficult seat in a truck on BB, they have no control of anything haha.

But they can do this:

Cypher
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
Cypher wrote:
K9OL wrote:
Cypher wrote:

Shocked

But they can do this:

AAAAHHHHAHAHAHAHAA!! Very true, good point.

Funny: How did you find this photo? Did you Google search "Closeup-portrait-of-young-pretty-woman-closing-covering-eyes-with-hands-can-t-look-hiding-avoiding-photo"? LMAO! So random...

progolfer_20
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

This will also be my last summit for a while, too far of a drive, pain in the ass to register, food is worse than usual. I'm down for a group trip sometime but we need to plan it for when no events are going on.

SpoilerFJ84
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

God, I don't even know why I keep coming back to this thread. I get green with envy every time.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
Jimbolio wrote:
Cypher wrote:
K9OL wrote:
Cypher wrote:

Shocked

But they can do this:

AAAAHHHHAHAHAHAHAA!! Very true, good point.

Funny: How did you find this photo? Did you Google search "Closeup-portrait-of-young-pretty-woman-closing-covering-eyes-with-hands-can-t-look-hiding-avoiding-photo"? LMAO! So random...

Filenaming genius right there. Actually I put in "cover eyes &screaming"

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

progolfer_20 wrote:
This will also be my last summit for a while, too far of a drive, pain in the ass to register, food is worse than usual. I'm down for a group trip sometime but we need to plan it for when no events are going on.

^^^ This

pazzo_fj
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

This was my first Summit and I wasn't even officially registered. Big thanks to Jim and Marty for making sure I hit just about all of the major trails!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: