Thursday, August 17, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: RideAndHover
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 1960

People Online:
Members: 2
Visitors: 72
Total: 74
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: 05tacorunner > Forums
02: toyo22r > Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › FJ Summit 10
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
FJ Summit 10
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cypher
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

Jimbo, I can't believe that I only saw you in passing one time on the road and only talked on that radio once! Not sure what the hell happened.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

Yeah, it wouldn't have worked out Saturday because I had a volunteer shift at 5. Thinking that's my last summit. Next time will be a different week, AZFJ people only. Gonna try to reserve the 15 spots at 4j&j so we're all together

Seems I'm the only one that didn't get down Black bear pass

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Splagg
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
Yeah, it wouldn't have worked out Saturday because I had a volunteer shift at 5. Thinking that's my last summit. Next time will be a different week, AZFJ people only. Gonna try to reserve the 15 spots at 4j&j so we're all together

Last one!? Why's that, Jimbo?

This was only the 2nd year for me but I can't wait for next year. Probably go solo next year (or at least sans children). I'll actually have some vacation time, too, so potential to leave as early as Friday the week before and visit Moab on the way. Or get to CO a few days early and try to slay some trout! Would be nice to have some time to actually visit hot springs too. And I could actually put my name in the hat for the overland trip pre-summit.

Can't. Freaking. Wait.

Cypher
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:

Being that it was my 5th Summit, that will be my last Summit as well. I want to start doing a few other events and trips with my time. I also want to go back to Ouray one year in the Fall when it is much cooler. I think that would be really nice to see all the leaves changing colors on all the trails. An AZFJ group out to the San Juan Mountains would be awesome.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

Splagg wrote:
Jimbolio wrote:

Last one!? Why's that, Jimbo?

This was only the 2nd year for me but I can't wait for next year. Probably go solo next year (or at least sans children). I'll actually have some vacation time, too, so potential to leave as early as Friday the week before and visit Moab on the way. Or get to CO a few days early and try to slay some trout! Would be nice to have some time to actually visit hot springs too. And I could actually put my name in the hat for the overland trip pre-summit.

Can't. Freaking. Wait.

Third time, gets less the same each time. I'm with Lawrence on the see new stuff plan. Doesn't mean I won't go back to ouray, but it does mean I won't drive up or back in one say hauling a trailer again.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
airconditionednightmare
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:

We were right by the dog that dumped when he should have jumped. Laughing My dog was terrified of the drone.
K9OL
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
Jimbolio wrote:

Being that it was my 5th Summit, that will be my last Summit as well. I want to start doing a few other events and trips with my time. I also want to go back to Ouray one year in the Fall when it is much cooler. I think that would be really nice to see all the leaves changing colors on all the trails. An AZFJ group out to the San Juan Mountains would be awesome.

Oh yea, a Autumn trip would be Fantastic! Sign me up!
K9OL
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:

Shocked

...you ran Black Bear in the dark?!?! It is obvious that you died on the trail and you're sending us this message from the afterlife. Amazing!

Would you like to ride shotgun next time?
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

airconditionednightmare wrote:
Jimbolio wrote:

We were right by the dog that dumped when he should have jumped. Laughing My dog was terrified of the drone.

Yeah, hence "Ozzy's Present". He's my dog.

airconditionednightmare
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
airconditionednightmare wrote:
Jimbolio wrote:

Yeah, hence "Ozzy's Present". He's my dog.

I think I did meet you too then. I think I'm behind Wikkid in the photo. Or maybe you.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

Well then Laura, I'm sorry we didn't get introduced. I'll look forward to a run with you. I'll bring Ozzy, but no jumps, dumps or drones. Wink

pazzo_fj
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

Splagg wrote:
Or get to CO a few days early and try to slay some trout!

I recommend Riggs Fly Shop out of Ridgway. I booked a guide last Monday and had a great time and landed the biggest trout of my life! She was 30" and 11lbs. We chased her 200 yards down river for about 20 minutes.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

What a great shot Ed. And what a great time we all had.

Splagg
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

pazzo_fj wrote:
Splagg wrote:

I recommend Riggs Fly Shop out of Ridgway. I booked a guide last Monday and had a great time and landed the biggest trout of my life! She was 30" and 11lbs. We chased her 200 yards down river for about 20 minutes.

EPIC FISH! That's awesome

azflycaster
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

pazzo_fj wrote:
Splagg wrote:

I hate you! Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: