Wednesday, April 26, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Viperchick76
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1919

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 40
Total: 40
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › FJ Summit 10
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
FJ Summit 10
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cactusman
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

Quite the interesting registration...

Last edited by Cactusman on Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

I'll be going.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
noxious1
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

I'm planning on going

Velociraptor
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

I'll be going. I will be glamping at a hotel since my wife is not into camping.

Last edited by Velociraptor on Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:25 am; edited 2 times in total
pazzo_fj
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

I will be going. I'm planning on staying at the 4j campground. I've been trying to make my reservations, but they won't call me back. I might have to go with plan B.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

They don't staff that place until the snow melts. Be patient, they'll call you back.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
pazzo_fj
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
They don't staff that place until the snow melts. Be patient, they'll call you back.

Ah....that makes sense. Thanks Jim.

Splagg
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

I'm planning on embarking in another year of epic debt in order to attend! Can't wait. Summit 9 last year was my first and an absolute blast.

Actually that was my first experience with any kind of group wheeling so if anyone is looking at this post as a newbie and contemplating attendance, I absolutely recommend it!

Another note about registration: Last year I logged on (just by chance, actually) 37 minutes after it opened and the thing was already booked up. I added my info to the waitlist, though, and within a week of the registration payment deadline I was contacted to attend. Getting in from the waitlist made for some EARLY AM trail runs, but at least I got in!

I think a lot of guys on this forum are advocates of skipping the FJ Summit sponsored group runs and just organizing through here.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

I'm going to head out on Sunday if anyone wants to caravan. Likely will stay sunday night in Durango, then head to OURAY on Monday. I want to hike the perimeter trail this year.

Both years I have blown off the Summit lead trail runs and just attended the AZFJ trail runs. It was a very friendly experience. I can certainly lead you over Imogene pass to Telluride and back through Ophir pass to Ouray. (My favorite run there)
You'll have to tag along with someone else for Poughkeepsie because that was winchville last time I was there. (And I don't have a winch). Plus (As the precious was at about a 60 degree angle, getting a tug up the rock face, Mr. Spock was crying. Never saw a dog cry before.

The Summit run I went on was like 'hurry up, we are on a schedule' and we skipped a lot of stop and see stuff I saw the 1st year on my AZFJ run.

(Thanks for the reminder to call 4J&J, I did that this morning). SO far I know
    Progolfer_20 (From Texas!)
    Velociraptor
    Splagg
    Pazzo_FJ
are planning to go. Haven't heard others chime in just yet.

pazzo_fj
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
The Summit run I went on was like 'hurry up, we are on a schedule' and we skipped a lot of stop and see stuff I saw the 1st year on my AZFJ run.

I'm not a big fan of the hurry up game. I really want to be able to enjoy the scenery and take the occasional picture or two. I'd be up for going on some AZFJ led runs.

Splagg
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

pazzo_fj wrote:
Jimbolio wrote:

I'm not a big fan of the hurry up game. I really want to be able to enjoy the scenery and take the occasional picture or two. I'd be up for going on some AZFJ led runs.

I didn't catch any AZFJ-led runs while I was there last year because I didn't actually meet the group until the last night at the raffle. I went on 3 Summit-hosted runs and didn't have a bad experience on any of them although the first was definitely the best. There was a little bit of the "we're on a schedule" but it wasn't too bad and didn't deteriorate the experience for me. Plenty of picture stops and breaks on each of them. I was actually pretty impressed with how they were coordinated to avoid groups running into each other and causing excessive delays or difficult trail passing.
K9OL
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

I went last and plan to go again this year. I need to see if my Raffle Luck from last year will roll over to this year. Very Happy

I can't attend the whole week like last year. Just submitted for Thursday and Friday off... Approved! I will most likely live either Wednesday after work or 1st thing Thursday morning. Would like to stay at 4J...

Last year my brother and I did not attend any of the Summit runs & missed out on the AZFJ runs. We ended up hitting all of the trials by ourselves which wasn't bad for we made our own schedule.

Looking forward to this year's event.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

Just got a voice mail with the 4j&j hookup!

Velociraptor
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

Last year I ended up going on official FJ Summit runs since I was staying in a hotel and was not sure where all the AZFJ folks were setup.

This year I am hoping to do some AZFJ group runs while in Ouray. We may hit Sedona and Moab on the way to Ouray the weekend before, get to Ouray on Tuesday and then make a straight shot home on Sunday.

pazzo_fj
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 10 Reply with quote

4J&J called me today and I made my reservation. My dates are July 19th to the 24th.

I'm thinking about leaving sometime over the weekend and make a slow trek up with some exploring along the way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: