Saturday, April 21, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Membership:
Latest: charlezevanildo
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2008

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 87
Total: 88
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: Grumpysonne > Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › General Discussion › Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ?
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ?
This forum is for general topics concerning the AZFJ community that do not fit in the other sections. This is not your offtopic rant forum. Please be respectful and keep it clean.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexGeneral Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fjblueaz
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

the BBQ company in PHX
I like it always packed
B1ackSh33p
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

How about a barbecue rendezvous at Lil' Miss BBQ for Saturday the 9th?

A couple of us are wanting to meet up there to try the BBQ, as I've never been and have heard plenty of great things about this place.

Any one care to join?

Probably meet up close to 10am as I've always heard the lines get long and begin pretty early.

Helluva ride to the Dark Side!
toyo22r
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

B1ackSh33p wrote:
How about a barbecue rendezvous at Lil' Miss BBQ for Saturday the 9th?

Probably meet up close to 10am as I've always heard the lines get long and begin pretty early.

This place is right down the road from my work. Hands down best BBQ I've had. Yes lines get nuts. You can wait 45min to an hour on a TUESDAY! But worth the wait. Usually lines start an hour before they open.

TLCA# 18990
azflycaster
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

Funny I saw 4 FJs at Naked BBQ in Scottsdale Wednesday anyone's here?

I give that place a C minus at best. There brisket was corned then smoked yuch!

GreatWhiteHunter
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

I'll give a shoutout for Lil Miss BBQ, too! That's the best bbq I've had in a little over a year in AZ.

Bobby Q on the I-17 Frontage Rd south of Dunlap is damn good.

And then there's Dickie's BBQ Pit on Peoria and 28th ave. Brother and I tried it for lunch. Small portions,high prices. His brisket had no smoke ring, my pork loin ribs had no flavor beyond the syrupy glaze on the outside. Oven-baked bbq at it's finest!

tanman
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

Little Miss BBQ is so good and so consistent I will not go anywhere else.

Even though it's a 1.5 hour drive, up to an hour wait and $75-$100 for 2 people, it's so worth it. I've never had it's equal even in Texas.

Their two outstanding items are the fatty brisket and the beef ribs. Both are incredible.

Their fatty brisket is so tender, so juicy, so flavorful, if anyone has actually tried it and prefers it somewhere else please let us all know who can beat it?
B1ackSh33p
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

Okay. So had the fatty brisket and it was [email protected] amazing! Didn't have the beef short rib, but a lady in front of us ordered and I almost lost my mind when they brought it out. 1.15lbs of smoked beef rib! Yes, just one flippin' rib! Next time for sure! Had the pork ribs instead and a sausage. Sides were beans and the potatoe salad and all the trimmins.
All the food was awesome! What a great place and a great experience.
Anytime any of you guys wanna visit, please let us know and we'll definitely join you.
Make sure you are an hour early. They hand you a ticket(s) to ensure your place in line and you can chill under their canopy or in your vehicle and you still have a spot in line with your ticket. They provide water bottles and water jugs to drink from while you wait.
My BBQ game just got squashed after eating here! I thought my BBQ was decent, at the very least, but I have no game whatsoever! lol
Great BBQ place!

Helluva ride to the Dark Side!
tanman
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

Handing out tickets to save your place in line has made waiting at Little Miss BBQ a lot more pleasant for sure. Smile

If Little Miss can't convert a vegetarian to a meat eater they're beyond help. Crying or Very sad
airconditionednightmare
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

Hek Yeah is pretty good. Cave creek & greenway.
Ollanik
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

Holy Smokin Butts just opened in Tucson (they actually just moved to a permanent location from their trailer). WIlmot/22nd......BEST IN TOWN.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: