Saturday, April 21, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Membership:
Latest: charlezevanildo
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2008

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 84
Total: 85
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: Grumpysonne > Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › General Discussion › Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ?
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ?
This forum is for general topics concerning the AZFJ community that do not fit in the other sections. This is not your offtopic rant forum. Please be respectful and keep it clean.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexGeneral Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grinder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

progolfer_20 wrote:
Grinder wrote:
Naked BBQ on Bell and I-17 is a great whole in the wall. They even have burnt ends on request.

Joe's BBQ in Gilbert is a staple.

Allison's BBQ in Mesa is pretty good too.

Pork on a Fork in North Phoenix is not my favorite, but others may like it. Anymore, the only thing I enjoy there is their ribs.

Joes in Mesa sucks, it's dry and tasteless. Way too many people go their for crap bbq

First, it's in Gilbert. Gilbert and Elliott. Second, I think some of it is good BBQ. They've good technique and a lot of local fresh ingredients. No need to be mean about it. They've been in business for a long time and have been good to the community.

DerbyFJ
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

spaldam wrote:
This one is close to my work. It's a little hole in the wall that's got some great eats:

www.texasbbqhouseaz.com/

Close to my office as well. I am there at least 2 times a week. Especially now that they have online ordering.
Dravur
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

Also, if you ever get to CO, and maybe in a few other places, but I know Durango has one. Serious Texas BBQ is fantastic. They are all over CO.

And they are Serious!
compubmw
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

Thee Pitts Again in the PHX area is award winning and damn tasty...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
sl33p3r
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

The best BBQ I have found in the valley is Bryan's Black Mountain BBQ in Cave Creek. If you have not tried it, you should.

We tried Joe's in Gilbert and were disappointed. It reminded me of typical cafeteria food.

2016 Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos!!!
LimitedEdition
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

sl33p3r wrote:
The best BBQ I have found in the valley is Bryan's Black Mountain BBQ in Cave Creek. If you have not tried it, you should.

We tried Joe's in Gilbert and were disappointed. It reminded me of typical cafeteria food.

This is what I find so interesting. Personally, I hated Bryan's. Really - hated it. I never hate BBQ. This was about a year ago when I first went up there. My wife and myself both got sick, but even prior to the sickness it was awful.

What did you find appealing about it? I'm due for a second visit soon.

EIFj08
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

+1 for Bryan's in Cave Creek. I'm also partial to Q2U in Anthem, good stuff...

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

LimitedEdition wrote:
sl33p3r wrote:

This is what I find so interesting. Personally, I hated Bryan's. Really - hated it. I never hate BBQ. This was about a year ago when I first went up there. My wife and myself both got sick, but even prior to the sickness it was awful.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
LimitedEdition
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
LimitedEdition wrote:
sl33p3r wrote:

Agree 100% with the quote, but giving a second chance isn't insanity - it's only fair to the business.

sl33p3r
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

LimitedEdition wrote:
sl33p3r wrote:

What did I like? Everything...

I eat there almost once a week. I have not tried anything I did not like, but my favorite is the brisket. My wife loves the grilled artichoke heart sandwich that they serve every now and then. I have also taken many people there, and so far everyone else loves it as well.

I would urge you to give it another try.

2016 Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos!!!
BellyDoc
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

Hap's Open Pit on Washington was decent. I went there for lunch a few times when I worked at the county. I've been to that Q2U place mentioned above, too, and enjoyed it. Both of those places have stronger flavor results than Dillon's, Honey Bear or Famous Dave's, which are common choices for catered events.

I don't really go out for barbecue often, so I don't have a strong opinion about how other people do it. When I want it, I make it myself. My preference is a pretty intense smoke and spice result compared to the restaurants. In general, I think commercial barbecue may be a bit de-tuned in order to appeal to a broader culinary audience, so I don't have high expectations. I just enjoy it all, for what it is.

Is jb weld really as strong as if I just welded them on with my welder?

glideraz wrote:
Could be stronger it all depends on how you weld
Splagg
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

BellyDoc wrote:
I don't really go out for barbecue often, so I don't have a strong opinion about how other people do it. When I want it, I make it myself. My preference is a pretty intense smoke and spice result compared to the restaurants. In general, I think commercial barbecue may be a bit de-tuned in order to appeal to a broader culinary audience, so I don't have high expectations. I just enjoy it all, for what it is.

Having personally tasted your barbecue I can't imagine that you would go out for it! Those ribs were to die for! The sausages were spectacular too!

I'm a big fan of Hog Wild BBQ in Cottonwood but you blew them out of the water.
mattbeaty
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

Satchmo's in Flagstaff.

WA7LDO
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
8LFGRND
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

If yer up in high country the best you can do is Satchmo's at the corner of 4th St. & E. 7th Ave in Flag, it's the corner with the gas station on it. It's mid-western style Q, I think the owner is from Missouri, and he also does good Cajun fare too. They also have a good beer selection and a swell little patio when the weather permits. satchmosaz.com

oldmandesert
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

try toms BarBQ 51st ave and olive rib tips brisket pulled chicken are vey good specials every day
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: