Saturday, September 22, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: CementGray
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2053

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 103
Total: 103
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › General Discussion › Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ?
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ?
This forum is for general topics concerning the AZFJ community that do not fit in the other sections. This is not your offtopic rant forum. Please be respectful and keep it clean.
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexGeneral Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LimitedEdition
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:13 pm    Post subject: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

Hey fellas,

I got really tired of depending on overly optimistic Yelp and Google+ reviews to find good BBQ in the state, so I'm in the process of creating RealAZBBQ.com.

I've added over 50 BBQ restaurants in AZ, but want to make sure I'm not missing the little BBQ joints throughout the state. Offroaders tend to go to places that aren't easily found, so if you know of a little bbq joint off the beaten path somewhere, let me know so I can review it.

Any comments, criticisms, feedback is awesome. It's all helpful in someway. I'm simply trying to promote good BBQ and make AZ BBQ great again (bad Trump reference).

nimrag
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

There is a good one in Payson, if you like the real smokey flavor. It's on the right side, just as you come into Payson on highway 87. The have a big pink pig out front.

www.susiesq.com/

Last edited by nimrag on Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
progolfer_20
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

The best one in the state and almost the USA is Little Miss BBQ

toyo22r
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

^^^ I second this place. But expect to wait at least an hour in line to get your food. I've been there 3 times and the line starts forming before they even open. Worth the wait though.

TLCA# 18990
TuskenRaider
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

Little Miss is amazing. Get there at 10:30 it will be a 45 minute wait. Anytime after that is an hour +.
Maltajo
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

Bubbs Grubb on 77 in Catalina

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
Splagg
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

Hog Wild BBQ in Cottonwood, AZ is some of the best I've ever had. Their pulled pork is amazing. Brisket is tasty but my least favorite item on the menu. Ribs are delicious as well (although Bellydoc's rib's totally smoked them) (ha).

They're right on the corner of Main Street (Historic 89A) as you head into Old Town Cottonwood.

There's a reportedly tasty BBQ joint in Sedona too, however I haven't eaten there so I can't offer a name or review. They are located right on the Uptown strip of 89A.

LimitedEdition
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

Awesome! I didn't have the one in Payson or Cottonwood on my list. Thanks for the tip.

calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

hey LimitedEdition, for the category search I think a playful flag like

"well known / full grown hog / local favorite"

"lesser known / piglet / waiting to be discovered"

could help site visitors find something new or old. other wise I would simply type BBQ into google or wheelof.com/ to find bbq.
Dravur
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

Luckys up here in PV is really good. Some of the Best Brisket I have ever had. Nice smoke ring, VERY tasty.

Last edited by Dravur on Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total
LimitedEdition
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

calichaos wrote:
hey LimitedEdition, for the category search I think a playful flag like

"well known / full grown hog / local favorite"

"lesser known / piglet / waiting to be discovered"

could help site visitors find something new or old. other wise I would simply type BBQ into google or wheelof.com/ to find bbq.

Thanks for the suggestion, not a bad idea. Wheelof.com is pretty cool, never seen that before.

Grinder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

Naked BBQ on Bell and I-17 is a great whole in the wall. They even have burnt ends on request.

Joe's BBQ in Gilbert is a staple.

Allison's BBQ in Mesa is pretty good too.

Pork on a Fork in North Phoenix is not my favorite, but others may like it. Anymore, the only thing I enjoy there is their ribs.

marlin39a
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

There's a cute place up in Ashfork. Lulu Belle's BBQ. 33 W. Lewis Street, right by the Shell Station. Been there once, and enjoyed it. www.lulubelles.com
spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

This one is close to my work. It's a little hole in the wall that's got some great eats:

www.texasbbqhouseaz.com/

KD7YKB
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Photo Gallery
progolfer_20
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are the obscure BBQ joints in AZ? Reply with quote

Grinder wrote:
Naked BBQ on Bell and I-17 is a great whole in the wall. They even have burnt ends on request.

Joe's BBQ in Gilbert is a staple.

Allison's BBQ in Mesa is pretty good too.

Pork on a Fork in North Phoenix is not my favorite, but others may like it. Anymore, the only thing I enjoy there is their ribs.

Joes in Mesa sucks, it's dry and tasteless. Way too many people go their for crap bbq

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: