Thursday, April 27, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Viperchick76
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1919

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 23
Total: 23
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › tucson wrenchfest sunday march 6th
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
tucson wrenchfest sunday march 6th
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject: tucson wrenchfest sunday march 6th Reply with quote

Hello all
Lynn(azfj4ak) needs her lift installed and jimbo needs his lower control arms installed.

Who is up for a good ol fashion wrenchfest?

Lynn has agreed to let us do everything at her house so now all we need are willing participants to wrench away and help these 2 worthy fjers get some long awaited suspension mods done.
Lynn is getting a complete radflo suspension
Jimbo is getting stock front lower control arms with poly bushings.

Even if you dont have wrenching experience but want to help i love to teach some come join us for a great time.
Start time is planned for 9am

azfj owners are the best
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: tucson wrenchfest sunday march 6th Reply with quote

In!
What tools will you need?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: tucson wrenchfest sunday march 6th Reply with quote

Work schedule is increasingly chaotic so I won't know until that week, but if I'm available, I'll help.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: tucson wrenchfest sunday march 6th Reply with quote

I will have a large assortment of tools with me including co2 tank for air tools.
But bring anything else you need.

And marc awesome sir your a good wrencher for sure.

azfj owners are the best
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: tucson wrenchfest sunday march 6th Reply with quote

OK, I have jack stands and a floor jack if you don't.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
microbe
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: tucson wrenchfest sunday march 6th Reply with quote

I should be in for this.
AZFJ4AK
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: tucson wrenchfest sunday march 6th Reply with quote

Thanks for getting this posted, good sir. Reality has been intervening hard, recently.

I will, of course, have morning-centric snacks, coffee and various goodies to add to said coffee. If that doesn't entice you to make a trip to the 85745, I don't know what will! 😊

BTW, I will add my exact address to this thread later, but I'ma little over 3 miles west of I-10, off the Grant Road exit.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: tucson wrenchfest sunday march 6th Reply with quote

As long as you have a flat spot we should be golden
I'll bring my floor jack
Some jack stands
My impact and air ratchet
Co2 powered.

deaz
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: tucson wrenchfest sunday march 6th Reply with quote

I don't have any wrenching to do, but I might stop in to say hi. It's been too long since I've seen some of you.
AZFJ4AK
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: tucson wrenchfest sunday march 6th Reply with quote

Bump.

I'd put the address here, but my driveway doesn't come up on map apps. I'll just give directions later in the week. I think that'll be the best way.
glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: tucson wrenchfest sunday march 6th Reply with quote

Yup a week away folks come out and say hello if nothing else.

azfj owners are the best
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: tucson wrenchfest sunday march 6th Reply with quote

My FJ is having it's own PERSONAL WRENCHFEST at Desert Toyota this morning. Sad

Had a flame out about 5 Mi from the end of a 200 Mi El Camino Del Diablo run. (Which was epic by the way). Hauled my precious back from Yuma on this crappy situation.

Hope I have everything back by Sunday.

Should have my Sonoran steel rear links tomorrow.

Velociraptor
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: tucson wrenchfest sunday march 6th Reply with quote

I'm in... I have a set of rear springs I need to get on and I have been told that is a 45 minute job for a knowledgeable tech so I'm guessing that it would take me 3 hours if I had the right tools and knew what I was doing. Very Happy

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: tucson wrenchfest sunday march 6th Reply with quote

Rear Springs are super easy Ken. Jack up the frame, undo two nuts on the rear links, Unbolt the shock bottom, slide it off, and then let each side droop, pull out the spring on that side, Put in the new one, jack it back up, button up the link. Done.
1:28

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: tucson wrenchfest sunday march 6th Reply with quote

Where is this again? (PM OK)

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: