Saturday, June 23, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: JohnnyOutlaw
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2027

People Online:
Members: 2
Visitors: 129
Total: 131
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: azflycaster > Home
02: BucketBoy > Home

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › 4x4 Tech › Rear Lower Control Arms
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Rear Lower Control Arms
Howtos, reviews, and gear questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DerbyFJ
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:44 am    Post subject: Rear Lower Control Arms Reply with quote

I am looking to get new Rear LCAs because I am still running the stock ones. I want to get better ones before I bend these. I've got it narrowed down to 2 options (but open to suggestions). I was wanting to get some feedback to help me make my decision.

Options:

MetalTech:
www.metaltech4x4.com/p...links.aspx

Sonoran Steel:
www.sonoransteel.com/i...ucts_id=19

Ive heard the Metal Techs squeak alot which doesn't bother me while wheeling, but I don't know if they do it during daily use. Any info would help.
noxious1
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Rear Lower Control Arms Reply with quote

I have the metal tech and no squeaks...they are super beefy and get the job done...I also have a pan hard bar from Sonoran Steel and had him do most of my lift work, if I had it to do all over again I probably would have gone with Sonoran Steel just to support the local guy...

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear Lower Control Arms Reply with quote

I'm leaning toward Sonoran steel too. I may ask if he can powdercoat em Yellow though, cause I'm that nutty.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
sschaefer3
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear Lower Control Arms Reply with quote

I can powder coat them what ever you want. The cost to do that will be added to the price, my actual cost. The normal finish is Rustolium Hammered Black. So you can re-paint them if they get scratched up.

If you get Yellow, that is fine, you will have to get some Yellow touch up paint.

The Genuine Toyota Bushings we use will side flex as much as the cartridge joints as they are hogged out on the sides.

They are also raised up, not down and will not bind, because of the genuine Toyota joints and the 1.5" DOM 1.4" wall tube. I don't have to screw something into it.
AZCruiser
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear Lower Control Arms Reply with quote

I went with Metal Tech since they got high marks from a number of people I asked. Just waiting to get them installed. I didn't know about Sonoran Steel, and since I usually tend to support local business, might have looked into those before buying. But the Metal Techs are well built.
azflycaster
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear Lower Control Arms Reply with quote

Price? Group buy? Laughing

DerbyFJ
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear Lower Control Arms Reply with quote

I decided to go with Sonoran. I called and he was very helpful. Not to mention its always good to support local.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear Lower Control Arms Reply with quote

OK, tomorrow we'll do the deal Steve.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
sschaefer3
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Rear Lower Control Arms Reply with quote

I will start cutting out 2 sets of FJ links today.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Rear Lower Control Arms Reply with quote

i'll just stick with the BLACK steve. Gotta have em.
I'll do an order on the site. Doesn't look like we'll get 10 people. Tried though.

ORDERED

sschaefer3
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Rear Lower Control Arms Reply with quote

I will have both sets done on Friday. I will ship to Tucson and Austin I will call you.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Rear Lower Control Arms Reply with quote

You rock Steve. Thanks.

If you have any Sonoran Steel decals (Like that go on the links, and smaller one for the vendor window), I'll proudly display them.

DerbyFJ
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear Lower Control Arms Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
You rock Steve. Thanks.

If you have any Sonoran Steel decals (Like that go on the links, and smaller one for the vendor window), I'll proudly display them.

Same here
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> 4x4 Tech All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: