Tuesday, June 27, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Mrjoel326
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1943

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 23
Total: 23
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Classifieds › Closed - Group Buy on TruckFridge/Indel-B 52 quart fridge
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Closed - Group Buy on TruckFridge/Indel-B 52 quart fridge
Sell all worldly possessions here. Commercial advertising prohibited, read forum rules.
Go to page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1Louder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:47 pm    Post subject: Closed - Group Buy on TruckFridge/Indel-B 52 quart fridge Reply with quote

Hello all,

A couple of us have worked out a group buy with TruckFridge. Depending on the # of people it could work out to be a pretty good deal. We get free shipping and a discount equal to the number of units ordered.
Example - 6 units = 6% , 20 units = 20%, up to maximum of 25% discount.

So far we have 5 people (5% off) and are hoping to get at least 10 folks. Cash is preferred but you can pay individually with your own credit card with some coordination from us.

Details:
MSRP of $599 less whatever percentage discount we get and free shipping. Fridge will ship directly to you.

On your own no group buy you would pay $549.00 plus $45 shipping. Yes, they offer a discount to individuals via their online store.

Buy 5 - $569 Save $30
Buy 10 - $539 save $60
Buy 15 - $509 save $90
Buy 20 - $479 save tons!

Deadline: We would like to get this done sooner rather than later. Likely order next Friday. All orders are placed at the same time/day to confirm the total discount.

Product Details:
truckfridge.com/tf51.html

52 quarts similar to the more expensive ARB Model. ARB retails for $879. A number of folks in our community own this fridge and are happy with it. Equipt1.com has a thorough review: www.equipt1.com/item/t...ge-freezer

The Indel-B is the same fridge.

I currently own a 37 qt ARB and want to go with a larger fridge. Feel free to ask questions. If you want to buy one post here or send me a private message. Then I can add you to the list and work out payment details.

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited by 1Louder on Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Group Buy on TruckFridge/Indel-B 52 quart fridge Reply with quote

So do we just go up there and pick it up?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
1Louder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Group Buy on TruckFridge/Indel-B 52 quart fridge Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:

Go up where? Trying to do this via the Kentucky store so we don't pay sales tax. All fridges will be shipped for free.
glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Group Buy on TruckFridge/Indel-B 52 quart fridge Reply with quote

Your gonna get nailed with tax. They cant sell it without tax because they have a store in az. Unless someone has a resell number.

azfj owners are the best
1Louder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Group Buy on TruckFridge/Indel-B 52 quart fridge Reply with quote

glideraz wrote:
Your gonna get nailed with tax. They cant sell it without tax because they have a store in az. Unless someone has a resell number.

Their shopping cart does not currently charge tax for AZ. If something changes I will let everyone know. It would be about $30 in tax. With that said , Equipt (who ignored a request for group buy discount) sells the fridge for $530. If we have to pay tax that ends up being a better deal if we coordinate a road trip to Prescott for pick up. Of course Equipt would have to respond to emails and offer the product to us.

Anyone interested? If not no big deal.

Thanks
glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Group Buy on TruckFridge/Indel-B 52 quart fridge Reply with quote

Money timing is off for me.

azfj owners are the best
1Louder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Group Buy on TruckFridge/Indel-B 52 quart fridge Reply with quote

glideraz wrote:
Money timing is off for me.

Sounds like you need some Glider Bucks! Shocked Very Happy
glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Group Buy on TruckFridge/Indel-B 52 quart fridge Reply with quote

No kidding..... where's my glider bucks

Im going to have to talk to the boss.....lol

azfj owners are the best
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Group Buy on TruckFridge/Indel-B 52 quart fridge Reply with quote

1Louder wrote:
Jimbolio wrote:

They have a Store in Eloy

Go up where? Trying to do this via the Kentucky store so we don't pay sales tax. All fridges will be shipped for free.

Now THAT is the most sensible thing I have heard all day. Cool.
I'm leaning toward IN, I'd love to look at one though.

Glider's right about the tax though. You pay sales tax on amazon stuff because they have a warehouse in AZ

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
1Louder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Group Buy on TruckFridge/Indel-B 52 quart fridge Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
1Louder wrote:
Jimbolio wrote:

They have a Store in Eloy

Now THAT is the most sensible thing I have heard all day. Cool.
I'm leaning toward IN, I'd love to look at one though.

Glider's right about the tax though. You pay sales tax on amazon stuff because they have a warehouse in AZ

Waiting for an official answer from TF. If they are going to charge tax I have another deal through Equipt that may be better. Yes, we have to pay tax with Equipt. Working from all angles. If TF doesn't want to charge tax I am not going to ask them too!

The SmittyBilt Fridge at 4WParts is the same fridge in a different color if you want to check one out. Only possible difference is the controls and latch are on the same side.

Last edited by 1Louder on Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Group Buy on TruckFridge/Indel-B 52 quart fridge Reply with quote

1Louder wrote:
The SmittyBuilt Fridge at 4WParts is the same fridge in a different color if you want to check one out.

www.smittybilt.com/arcticfridge

www.4wheelparts.com/Ou...pn=S/B2789
1Louder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Group Buy on TruckFridge/Indel-B 52 quart fridge Reply with quote

Just heard back from TruckFridge. They will in fact charge tax. Soooo their deal isn't a good deal for AZ residents unless we get 15 people. Currently at 5, 1 most likely and 1 maybe. If that ends up being the final number a bulk purchase through Equipt Outfitters at $563.50 total is a better deal. Has to be cash because we have to make a single purchase. Interested parties let me know by Monday.

Thanks,
Chris
AZFJTOY
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: Group Buy on TruckFridge/Indel-B 52 quart fridge Reply with quote

[quote="Jimbolio"]
1Louder wrote:
Jimbolio wrote:

Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't. I often make large and small purchases through Amazon with no taxes paid.

calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: Group Buy on TruckFridge/Indel-B 52 quart fridge Reply with quote

AZFJTOY wrote:
Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't. I often make large and small purchases through Amazon with no taxes paid.

there is a difference between "sold by" and "fulfilled by"

Amazon does a great job making sure the user experience is consistent, and this is one are where it "tricks" the buyer.

If an item is "sold by" it means Amazon bought the item first, has it on the shelf in the warehouse for sale. Then this rule applies:

www.amazon.com/gp/help...eId=468512

"full filled by" is basically like drop shipping; where the item on the shelf is not owned by Amazon but directly by the seller. Amazon charges the seller a bit of the sale price, and service the entire sale.

and then there is even a third option; where the seller simply has an Amazon store and handles the storage of the item; shipping of the item and Amazon gets even a smaller cut.

Let's see if we can find examples...

sold by Amazon
www.amazon.com/gp/prod...B001TH7GVE

prime shipping and tax

sold by Mediabridge fullfilled by Amazon
www.amazon.com/gp/prod...B003O973OA

prime shipping but no tax

sold by 3rd party
www.amazon.com/gp/offe...00N6RBGM0/

no tax but shipping

now this gets more complex in a case like TruckFridge because if they do have a physical presence in AZ, then they ~should charge tax on Amazon if they sell it or Amazon sells it. Now if" Bob's used fridges" sells it as a 3rd party on Amazon, it is possible to have no tax.

hope this clears it up a bit.
microbe
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Group Buy on TruckFridge/Indel-B 52 quart fridge Reply with quote

My understanding is that even if you buy it out of state and do not pay taxes on it you are supposed to add up all those items at the end of the year and pay the taxes to your state when you file your state tax return. I think it's called Use Tax.
I didn't read the whole thing, but info is here.
www.azdor.gov/portals/...re/610.pdf
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: