Wednesday, April 25, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Membership:
Latest: charlezevanildo
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2008

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 125
Total: 125
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › Hunter Offroad 17th Annual BBQ
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Hunter Offroad 17th Annual BBQ
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Finn
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject: Hunter Offroad 17th Annual BBQ Reply with quote

I should be there, it would be awesome to have some more Toyota's there as well. This is always a great time to hangout and meet some new and old faces in the off road community.

Here's the details...

Quote:
It's coming... Hunter's 17th Annual BBQ and it goes down on Saturday, Dec 5th, starting at 3 PM.

For those who are regualrs, you know the drill and what goes down at Hunter's BBQ. For those that are new to the scene, or, of the select group that cant remember from last year.. Welcome and read on.

This event originally started as a way for a group of offroaders to get together in one place to meet, talk and make new friends, get ideas, tell stories, check out and show off jeeps and projects, and most important, hang out and make new friends at this awesome family freindly event.

This event will be hubbed right here on Facebook. Please, share among your friends and your groups. I love it when I see the mixed crowd/

Here is the short scoop.

When: Saturday, Dec. 5th 3:00 PM - till we close it down. (Usually about 7-Cool
Where: Hunter Offroad
625 S Smith
Tempe, Arizona, 85281

This is a pot-luck style event. Needed most are the BBQ grills and tables.

Everyone brings a little bit of food, and there is plenty for everyone. One huge pot luck. Bring a pack of burgers, a pack of hot dogs or soda. Bring a side dish, bean dip or ketchup, etc.

Got a BBQ grill? Bring it and be a hero. Grills are always needed. Bring some cash for raffle tickets, T-shirts and other little items. I have some long sleeve shirt T-shirts left from last year and looking to get more black "shop" edition shirts. Bring some chairs to sit in, an a table to on if ya got it. Oh, don't forget the camera. Check below for all the info.

I will be "Stuffing the Buggy" again this year for the a Toy Drive for the Sheriff's Office. It has become pretty succeful and a great tradition.

Here's are basics and how-to rules for the BBQ, for all of you newbies coming for the first time; or for those of you, cant remember the last one ..

If there are changes, they will be added here. Watch the "update" date to see if anything has been added. Notes will be added. (Such as more tables or if I need more BBQ grills, because you can never really have enough tables and BBQs)

- First Rule -

Food. Everyone brings a little. Biggest tailgate, or flat fender pot-luck party. Everyone will have a lot. Bring a side dish, bring a few bottles of ketchup, plates, drinks what ever. If you can, post what you are bring here so some folks can get an idea what you are bringing. One thing I ask.... If you buy meat, try and buy matching buns, helps cut down on being too lopsided. Bring a cooler with ice and have a friend bring sodas or water. You get the idea.

- Why its done: Goes back to the roots of the very first one -

Allows everyone a chance to meet other Jeeper's and other 4wheeler's and swap ideas, check out other rides and get ideas, make friends and have a good time. Most fun you will have with your 4x4 in parking lot. There are a lot of new faces this year and should be plenty of new people from other clubs. So feel free to spread the word.

- RTI Ramp -
It will be good times as usual on the Ramp. Show everyone what you got. See if you improved over last year. Or just have fun and flex out for the camera. A rule to remember: I may have 2 ramps this year. Also, if you plan on going "all out" on the ramp, make sure you put the word out so we can give you room and get the cameras ready.

- The Infamous "Screw 'Em Raffle -

I am always looking for items and business to promote for donate, 4x4 related or not. If anyone here has a local business, regardless if its 4x4 related or now, contact me if, still in the communuty and like to help get the word in regards to the raffle or having a vendor booth space.

The Raffle Overview. 1 Dollar a Ticket. 12 for 10 bucks

*If you wear a Hunter Offroad T-shirt, you also get a free raffle ticket.

*If you deck out your ride in Christmas decoration, you will also get free ticket for that.

Personal Beverages at the BBQ?
Only thing I ask, remember, it is a family event, so take care and mind your self. It is private property so you can enjoy. If you like to bring some cold ones and talk shop with your buddies, go ahead and play nice and be prepared to share with the host. And my standing rule goes, I may or may not tell you what is my soda...

Selling Stuff Swap Meet ideas.
I have no problem if you want to sell some of your parts. Helps you and osmeone else get some good stuff.. Thats what this is all about.

Only rule, don't bring so much stuff, that is takes up room in the parking lot for people to park. If you have something bigger, leave it on the street. I want to save room for folks to setup their chairs, and allow as much room for people to park as possible in the lot. Usually a Jeep in a place will still have some room in front, behind or besides to display stuff. That's fine.

I need BBQ's. And Ill say it again, Im gonna need some BBQs. And tables for the food... always do. More the better. From the past, 5 normal size grills can cook all we need in the time to feed everyone. Be a hero and bring a grill. We are always looking for volunteers to help. Also, anyone want to run the kitchen area? I have found it does help to have a little direction. If You wantto bring a BBQ, please send me a message

Email: hunteroffroad @ aol.com or call 480-557-7577

Do not to forget to bring Tables and chairs to sit on too for you and for others. Also, I will need BIG tables for Kitchen Area. Contact me if you have some. Will need at least 4 to 5 3x8 tables.

That should cover the bulk of it. This post will be the one I update so check it for the news.

Best Regards,
John "Hunter"

BellyDoc
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Hunter Offroad 17th Annual BBQ Reply with quote

I barbecued for that one year. I fed about 200.

...did a pretty decent RTI run too...

Is jb weld really as strong as if I just welded them on with my welder?

glideraz wrote:
Could be stronger it all depends on how you weld
mattbeaty
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Hunter Offroad 17th Annual BBQ Reply with quote

Will be in Phoenix for that weekend. Might drop in and see what there is to see! If I make it, I carry a 6' table in the roofrack full time.

WA7LDO
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
CeeFish
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Hunter Offroad 17th Annual BBQ Reply with quote

I've been many times in past years. Good time to people (Jeeper) watch...

Work get's in the way this year though...Have fun.
Wikid
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Hunter Offroad 17th Annual BBQ Reply with quote

BellyDoc wrote:
I barbecued for that one year. I fed about 200.

...did a pretty decent RTI run too...

Descent RTI run? I think not. You could have used the RTI as a parking curb. Smile They pulled out the big flat bed wrecker for your Turtle Monster. I think you could have drove over the cab, after you got to the top of the ramp, extended as high as it could go
I have pictures, that I will find

I am in competition with no one
I have no desire to play the game,
of being better than anyone
I am simply trying to be better,
than the person I was yesterday
Wikid
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Hunter Offroad 17th Annual BBQ Reply with quote

Hunter puts on a really good event. People were friendly and lots of rigs to look at .
Here are some shots from the one Jon spoke of

Jons, massive rolling smoker, in the background. I rolled it to the event, from his house on the west side. I was picking up followers, as I went. There were 23 racks of ribs in it, while going down the highway and it was still smoking Smile

Last edited by Wikid on Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Wikid
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Hunter Offroad 17th Annual BBQ Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: