Sunday, January 21, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Membership:
Latest: charlezevanildo
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2007

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 95
Total: 95
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Land Use › Friends of Redington Pass/TreadLightly! Cleanup Event 12 DEC
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Friends of Redington Pass/TreadLightly! Cleanup Event 12 DEC
Meetings, access issues, cleanups, news, land use info.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Velociraptor
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Friends of Redington Pass/TreadLightly! Cleanup Event 12 DEC Reply with quote

Bliss wrote:
Well now I am out. I have a prior back injury that I did something to aggravate. I can hardly walk and it looks like a trip to the Dr. is in my near future. Sad

We will miss you, but rest that back! 😬

Ogresham8
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Friends of Redington Pass/TreadLightly! Cleanup Event 12 DEC Reply with quote

Put me down as a strong maybe. If i make it back to AZ by Friday night, i will be in.

Velociraptor
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Friends of Redington Pass/TreadLightly! Cleanup Event 12 DEC Reply with quote

Ogresham8 wrote:
Put me down as a strong maybe. If i make it back to AZ by Friday night, i will be in.

I got your RSVP, glad you can make it! Very Happy

Velociraptor
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Friends of Redington Pass/TreadLightly! Cleanup Event 12 DEC Reply with quote

Dear fellow AZFJ folk who have access to a large pickup truck in the Tucson area,

I need help picking up a pallet (84 cases) of bottled water from Safeway on Tanque Verde by Mt Lemmon Hwy on Friday evening and delivered up to the Redington Pass Kiosk area around 7AM on Saturday morning.

Given the height of the pallet, the store recommends breaking open the outer plastic wrap around to pallet and evenly stacking the cases in the bed for safer weight distribution. We will likely have more than we need so we can store the extra water in Tucson on Friday evening.

I have an extra gift card for the person who can help with this task.

Ogresham8
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Friends of Redington Pass/TreadLightly! Cleanup Event 12 DEC Reply with quote

Velociraptor, i just woke up. I'm about 45 minutes out. I will be there however. My number is 520-869-1713

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Friends of Redington Pass/TreadLightly! Cleanup Event 12 DEC Reply with quote

Great fun was had
4x4 LO
Trash
Mud
Recovery
Winch
Prizes

What else would you need?
Pictures?
s1287.photobucket.com/...eanup%2015

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Velociraptor
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Friends of Redington Pass/TreadLightly! Cleanup Event 12 DEC Reply with quote

REDINGTON PASS CLEANUP 2015 - UPDATE

On Saturday, Dec 12th we held a cleanup sponsored by Friends of Redington Pass and Tread Lightly! We had a great turnout of 50 volunteers despite the poor weather conditions. Our volunteers represented various recreational groups including AZFJ, BSA, FRP, SAHC, and TRS plus our key agency partners from USFS - Santa Catalina Ranger District, and the AZ Game & Fish Dept.

Kirk Emerson(FRP) kicked off the event and Mindi Lehew(USFS) led the safety briefing and Ken Hester(FRP, TL!, & AZFJ) explained the cleanup plan and divided the volunteers into groups and assigned them cleanup areas to cover.

The AZGFD team supplied a dumpster on wheels and we helped them replace their vandalized Information Kiosk sign. Ty Wildman and his team from Barnett Towing did a great job removing a burned out minivan from an OHV trail and they will return when the weather is better to remove the remaining 2 wrecks in the Pass.

As we were finishing up, a hail & freezing rain storm had us all scrambling for cover. We had a quick raffle and departed knowing we made Redington Pass nicer for all users despite the uncooperative weather. A BIG THANK YOU to all the volunteers, sponsors and donors, and agency partners who helped out!
For pictures, head over to www.facebook.com/frien...ingtonpass

Velociraptor
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Friends of Redington Pass/TreadLightly! Cleanup Event 12 DEC Reply with quote

Ogresham8 wrote:
Velociraptor, i just woke up. I'm about 45 minutes out. I will be there however. My number is ...

Hey Orion, let me know when you can get together... I have a t-shirt for you!

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Friends of Redington Pass/TreadLightly! Cleanup Event 12 DEC Reply with quote

It was a mud fest. Thanks Ken. We appreciate all the hard work you put in.
(And the fun off roading adventure).
PS, we'll have to go to 4436 next time.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Velociraptor
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Friends of Redington Pass/TreadLightly! Cleanup Event 12 DEC Reply with quote

Yes, I may do 4436 during the Holidays. My son in law will be here and I know he wants to go wheeling with me.

Let me know if you want to come... hope you are feeling better.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Friends of Redington Pass/TreadLightly! Cleanup Event 12 DEC Reply with quote

Still hacking but slowly improving

You should do woodpecker

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Land Use All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: