Thursday, June 21, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: JohnnyOutlaw
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2027

People Online:
Members: 3
Visitors: 146
Total: 149
Who Is Where:
 Members:
02: nimrag > Forums
03: tibaal89 > Forums
Hidden: 1

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Land Use › Friends of Redington Pass/TreadLightly! Cleanup Event 12 DEC
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Friends of Redington Pass/TreadLightly! Cleanup Event 12 DEC
Meetings, access issues, cleanups, news, land use info.
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Velociraptor
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject: Friends of Redington Pass/TreadLightly! Cleanup Event 12 DEC Reply with quote

REDINGTON PASS STEWARDSHIP EVENT

What: FRP and our friends at TreadLighty! are hosting a cleanup day in Redington Pass on Saturday December 12, 2015 starting at 9AM. We hope you can join us in helping preserve the beauty of Redington Pass for all users.

When: Saturday, December 12th, 2015

Time: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm (Check in starts at 8:00 AM)

Where: Check in at TreadLightly! tent at Redington Pass

RSVP: Click here to register your participation

What to Bring: Please bring water, work gloves, hat, sunscreen, trash pinchers, buckets and wear long pants and sturdy shoes. 4WD and OHV vehicles are useful.

Directions: From Tucson, head East on Tanque Verde Rd. which becomes Redington Rd. Continue past the Coronado National Forest boundary where the road is unpaved. Continue heading up Redington Rd. and look for the Tread Lightly! welcome station on Redington Rd. at Redington Pass. You will be directed where to park.

Raffle: There will be a raffle and a free Tread Lightly! event t-shirt for all volunteers. AZFJ volunteers will also receive a sticker.

Last edited by Velociraptor on Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
BitCrazy
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Friends of Redington Pass/TreadLightly! Cleanup Event 12 Reply with quote

Gotta work.. Sad

Maltajo wrote:
For the inaugural run of AZFJ Tucson Second Saturday Runs, in honor of the mother of this invention...
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Friends of Redington Pass/TreadLightly! Cleanup Event 12 Reply with quote

BitCrazy wrote:
Gotta work.. Sad
On Cleaning up Redington Pass Amy!

I'll be there Ken. I still have my Picker Upper from Sonoran (Now closed) shooting pickup.

Do you think we could get some sponsors to do a raffle?

CeeFish? Local 4Wheel parts?
Maybe Desert Toyota? Jim Click, Larry H Miller Jeep(s)? Cycles, Skis Atvs? Ridenow Sports?

All of those guys benefit from an OPEN redington pass.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Velociraptor
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Friends of Redington Pass/TreadLightly! Cleanup Event 12 DEC Reply with quote

Yes, I am working with Tread Lightly! on planning, but getting local Tucson sponsors (e.g, Toyota & Jeep dealers, 4Wheel Parts, Summit Hut, local gun clubs, local OHV club, etc.) would be awesome! Anyone who wants to help out, please let me know!

Can someone send me a hi-res version of the AZFJ logo? There will be a T-Shirt that has the Tread Lightly! in Arizona on the front and various logos on the back including AZFJ. The logo will be rendered in greyscale on a white t-shirt.

Velociraptor
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Friends of Redington Pass/TreadLightly! Cleanup Event 12 DEC Reply with quote

BUMP

Last edited by Velociraptor on Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Friends of Redington Pass/TreadLightly! Cleanup Event 12 DEC Reply with quote

We need a sticker. I'll work on a design

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Velociraptor
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Friends of Redington Pass/TreadLightly! Cleanup Event 12 DEC Reply with quote

FRP - TREAD LIGHTLY! - AZFJ REDINGTON PASS CLEANUP - SATURDAY, DEC 12TH - 9AM

Since AZFJ is the 4x4 group sponsor for this cleanup, we need a good showing of AZFJ peeps on SATURDAY, 12 DEC 2015.

We can go wheeling after the event to make it more fun. More on this later.

RSVP: REDINGTON PASS CLEANUP (<--Click here to go to the EVENT page and then click on RSVP to signup)

THANKS!!!

ALSO, Please indicate if you are IN

IN:
Velociraptor
Jimbolio
AZFJ4AK
Safetyhooker
mod_muscle
microbe
Ogresham8

MAYBE ?:
plus 10 people according to our AZFJ Facebook group

OUT:
Bitcrazy
Maltajo
4GaugeSurprise
calichaos
Ratfink
Bliss
Duner

Last edited by Velociraptor on Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:13 pm; edited 11 times in total
Maltajo
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Friends of Redington Pass/TreadLightly! Cleanup Event 12 DEC Reply with quote

Uh, Im not IN.

I'll be on the Ruinous high desert loop run in Cottonwood.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Friends of Redington Pass/TreadLightly! Cleanup Event 12 DEC Reply with quote

Come on AZFJ you guys like coming all the way down here to run chiva, three feathers & chimney rock. Help us keep them open!

I'm gonna try the upper loop above the falls this time WHO'S IN..?

Last edited by Jimbolio on Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
duner
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Friends of Redington Pass/TreadLightly! Cleanup Event 12 DEC Reply with quote

I am a maybe, will check with Connie!
BitCrazy
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Friends of Redington Pass/TreadLightly! Cleanup Event 12 DEC Reply with quote

duner wrote:
I am a maybe, will check with Connie!

Smile

Maltajo wrote:
For the inaugural run of AZFJ Tucson Second Saturday Runs, in honor of the mother of this invention...
ratfink
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: Friends of Redington Pass/TreadLightly! Cleanup Event 12 DEC Reply with quote

Sorry Ken, as I told you on Sunday I have commitments on the 12th and wont be able to make it.

AZFJ4AK
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Friends of Redington Pass/TreadLightly! Cleanup Event 12 DEC Reply with quote

IN, though I won't be able to hang around for any extra time.
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Friends of Redington Pass/TreadLightly! Cleanup Event 12 Reply with quote

So, maybe an off question but, AZFJ is the sponsor? Good thing I'm not a member so it's less embarrassing when I can't make it to the event. I'm all for pitching in and helping out, I do so quite frequently. If I wanted to be "group shamed" into doing a thing I would have become a member in a club.
I think it is important to be responsible stewards of the lands we enjoy, no questions there. I'm just a vit confused that a member less association of individuals with no leadership or official organization can officially sponser a cleanup.
That said, if I wasn't on-call and working, I would come help.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Friends of Redington Pass/TreadLightly! Cleanup Event 12 DEC Reply with quote

maybe this thread will go the way of that other 'no one ever wants to do anything' thread:
azfj.org/index.php?nam...ic&t=11425

I already got family in town with plans that day on Dec 12th - so Im out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Land Use All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: