Monday, June 18, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: TheMissingLink
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2023

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 165
Total: 165
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › Total Eclipse 2017 Expedition
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Total Eclipse 2017 Expedition
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZFJTOY
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Total Eclipse 2017 Expedition Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
None of this would have been possible without support from my good friends CeeFish and AZFJTOY.

Thanks guys.

I shouldn't speak for Dave, but I'm pretty sure we both regretted spending our 2:21 of totality fumbling with lens covers, focus and shutter speeds to stop and notice the surroundings and what was happening. It was WAY too quick.......

Jim is right, even though I had plans for minimal time messing with the camera and filters it didn't turn out that way. I should be able to do the next eclipse with less than 30 seconds spent on the camera during totality.

Here's another version of the diamond ring portion of the eclipse. We were all surprised to see the flares along with the corona.

This is a series from the last minutes of the 2012 annular (not total) eclipse in 2012. I took these through a telescope in my driveway, aimed toward the White Tank mountains as the Sun was setting. Note the line of sunspots. The moon had already covered about 80% of the Sun and at this stage it was moving off. The moon is the dark circle to the right and you can see bushes, cacti and rocks along the rim of the mountain.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Total Eclipse 2017 Expedition Reply with quote

This kind of blew me away.
Dave and I were freaking out that we could DRIVE to our spot in time. Think of the stress on THESE dudes.
Solar Eclipse from the TOP of the Tetons

We probably drove by them at 04:30

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: