Wednesday, May 24, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: KCPfj
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1931

People Online:
Members: 2
Visitors: 53
Total: 55
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: AZRich > Home
02: Yellowmk2 > Home

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › Total Eclipse 2017 Expedition
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Total Eclipse 2017 Expedition
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
azflycaster
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Total Eclipse 2017 Expedition Reply with quote

I've been looking into some accommodations things seem to be going fast! The Teton area is going to be packed.

Has anyone looked into viewing logistics? Seems eclipes time is late in the day so does this mean you have to be somewhere to view west with no mountains in the way?

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Total Eclipse 2017 Expedition Reply with quote

The eclipse is in the late morning, like 10:36 AM. (UTM -7)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Bliss
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Total Eclipse 2017 Expedition Reply with quote

Looks like I am not going to be able to make this. Have fun guys and gals.

spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Total Eclipse 2017 Expedition Reply with quote

So my brother-in-law lives in Rexburg, and I finally realized that is also right in the middle of the path of the eclipse. So that's were I'll be, in his back yard.

spaldam.com/about/contribute#amazon

KD7YKB
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Photo Gallery
noxious1
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Total Eclipse 2017 Expedition Reply with quote

So I am totally in, although all my family lives in Jackson so I will probably go up to Togwotee to view it and stay in my moms guest house the rest of the time...Would love to caravan up with everyone though.

And if anyone wants some insider secrets about the parks let me know...I grew up in Grand Teton National Park and have been to Yellowstone a billion times.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Total Eclipse 2017 Expedition Reply with quote

YOU BET!
I'm not sure people will want to Caravan with us though, Wifey and I are going up Western New Mexico, to Alburquque through Denver (To catch a Rockies game) then maybe north to Mount Rushmore. Back through Wyoming, maybe even stop in Cheyanne to say hi to fellow AZFJ/r's then over to Grant's campground to stay for 4 days. I'm thinking we should all get together and watch the eclipse together. Maybe we could have a side bar about an ideal spot? I'll invite you to the group me discussion.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
azflycaster
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Total Eclipse 2017 Expedition Reply with quote

This is going to freak them out! They are going to get you that night camping!

www.bfro.net/gdb/

Dravur
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Total Eclipse 2017 Expedition Reply with quote

One of the things you guys may not know is, You will need to be where you want to watch the eclipse the day before, if not sooner. The roads through the parks are two lane and will be packed like sardines. Even without the eclipse, the parks are crowded. The roads TO the parks will be crowded, Jackson Hole will look like New York Rush hour traffic.

In the summer, they are packed anyway. Add the eclipse and it will be wall to wall.
deaz
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Total Eclipse 2017 Expedition Reply with quote

I'm out for this. Looks like I'll be in Idaho on the date, but busy with other things. Though I will probably be driving here (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley,_Idaho) to see the eclipse. It will probably be cloudy.
AZFJTOY
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Total Eclipse 2017 Expedition Reply with quote

deaz wrote:
I'm out for this. Looks like I'll be in Idaho on the date, but busy with other things. Though I will probably be driving here (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley,_Idaho) to see the eclipse. It will probably be cloudy.

Just in case, bring a camera and tripod if you happen to be within totality for the eclipse. No filters needed once it starts.

deaz
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Total Eclipse 2017 Expedition Reply with quote

AZFJTOY wrote:
deaz wrote:

Just in case, bring a camera and tripod if you happen to be within totality for the eclipse. No filters needed once it starts.

Oh I know. That's the plan.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Total Eclipse 2017 Expedition Reply with quote

deaz wrote:

Busier than these guys?

deaz
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Total Eclipse 2017 Expedition Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
deaz wrote:

Busier than these guys?

Will be helping the parents landscape. They had flooding this last winter/spring. I'll be spending a week helping them develop flood prevention landscaping, so they don't face the same problems in the future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: