Saturday, October 20, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Sequoiacrawler
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2058

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 195
Total: 195
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › AZFJ Meet and Greet - 2015
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
AZFJ Meet and Greet - 2015
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet Crown King Run - 8/15 Reply with quote

glideraz wrote:
Wow jimbo what a adventure. When we meet again ill bring you a new strap. It was nice seeing you today we were on our way back to senator highway we did everything in reverse today.

We need to do this again soon but when the wheather isnt so damn hot.
when it cools down some, I'm going to do a 2 day loop connecting the route I took today around the north end of west clear creek. May make it 3 days to keep on dirt all the way through rim lakes, young, 4 peaks as well. Smile

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet Crown King Run - 8/15 Reply with quote

glideraz wrote:
Wow jimbo what a adventure. When we meet again ill bring you a new strap. It was nice seeing you today we were on our way back to senator highway we did everything in reverse today.

We need to do this again soon but when the wheather isnt so damn hot.

No need to give up your strap Brian. That one had its day. It saved sl33r and str8shooter and pulled my kids around.when their cars were broken. Pulled out countless desert broom in the backyard.

I have 2 straps still and should be ok. But thank you for the offer.

You can see most of the truck rescue photos on azfj face page.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet Crown King Run - 8/15 Reply with quote

Update: Rattlesnake Fire buring in Castle Creek Wilderness
The lightning-caused Rattlesnake Fire is 3200 acres burning approximately 5 miles west of Bumble Bee in the Castle Creek Wilderness (T10N, R1E, S24). There are no immediate structures, private property or critical infrastructure threatened by the Rattlesnake Fire. The fire is burning concurrently on both Forest Service lands and Bureau of Land Management (BLM) lands. The agencies are working together in responding to this fire. The Incident Commander and local officials have decided on a strategy that minimizes risk and maximizes tactical advantage, and likelihood of success for firefighters. Fire managers take into consideration many factors when deciding what actions to take in suppressing wildland fire with firefighter and public safety at the forefront. The factors considered in this decision include: current and expected location of the fire; the conditions of burnable vegetation; terrain; current and forecasted weather; and most importantly, the ability to extricate a p otentially injured firefighter from the terrain. These factors are considered and weighed against the threats from the fire and the potentially affected values. Firefighters are proactively preparing for burn-out operations on the rim above the fire to protect the Horsethief Basin should the fire establish and threaten that area. Firefighters are also assessing the east side of the fire along County Road 59 for burn-out and holding needs.
PRESCOTT ENEWS

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet Crown King Run - 8/15 Reply with quote

FINALLY GOT MY PHOTOS DONE!!!!!. Here's some stuff for those that don't do Facebook, Like ME. If anyone wants the photos without the watermark, just DM me at mrjimbolio @ gmail.com with the file name.

CLICK HERE for the COMPLETE SLIDESHOW

5:30 AM Alternator Funnies!

OH yeah Sure...

Flyin' 4runner

Linin' up for Obstacle 3

Obstacle 4

VELOCIRAPTOR - Get's it DONE!
TOUGH obstacle

Mine Detour

I don't know why, I just really love how this picture showed how green it was

GliderAZ explains to Thunderklees that he most likely threw his Framulated Amulator out of synchro - resulting in a painful rash and likely a runny nose.
(Hey what happened with your Diff ? )

The "GOOD" kind of Traffic Jam in Crown King! FJ Cruisers!

Palace Station - Where we guided the Florida couple that was 'Eskeered' to drive on the mountain roads.

Oh YEAH = Windows Down!

The "STUCK TRUCK" rescue/recovery

Creepy Campsite 4 - Like someone dumped all their stuff there, but it was wet so they were'nt coming back, and we weren't camping there!

Mmmm Mmmm Good - Arby/taco bell feast! (Cold but tasty)

I'll just leave this Here - ...

On the Way Out!!!
DO WANT...

Thunderklees
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet Crown King Run - 8/15 Reply with quote

I took it home like this.

This is the little guy that broke. He said the ring and pinion were fine. It also tore up the axles. Ended up buy these gears, new axles and bearings.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet Crown King Run - 8/15 Reply with quote

What is that plate? For the idiot savants like me?

Seems like GROUP 2 had all the fun.

Thunderklees
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet Crown King Run - 8/15 Reply with quote

My buddy pulled it apart. He said spider gears. I think they come in a set. The broken piece slips onto the axle.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet Crown King Run - 8/15 Reply with quote

Spider gears look like THIS:

Not a match. But if you flip it over, are there teeth?

CampFJ
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet Crown King Run - 8/15 Reply with quote

Great pictures Jimbolio!

Thunderklees
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet Crown King Run - 8/15 Reply with quote

Yep. I think it's one of the two bigger gears
Thunderklees
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet Crown King Run - 8/15 Reply with quote

There are gears on the other side
KaJeep
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet Crown King Run - 8/15 Reply with quote

It's part of the e-locker. Not spider gears per se.

LESZMOR
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet Crown King Run - 8/15 Reply with quote

CampFJ wrote:
Great pictures Jimbolio!
Hey Joe I think the star of all those pics was your guys classic SKEWERS. I couldn't stop laughing Bud

glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet Crown King Run - 8/15 Reply with quote

Thunderklees wrote:
I took it home like this.

This is the little guy that broke. He said the ring and pinion were fine. It also tore up the axles. Ended up buy these gears, new axles and bearings.
That sucks. Ive had to do the ol u haul to get me home before also....
Yup part of the locker damn that must of been a loud pop when that went. Sucks it wasnt just the collar.

CampFJ
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet Crown King Run - 8/15 Reply with quote

LESZMOR wrote:
CampFJ wrote:
Great pictures Jimbolio!
Hey Joe I think the star of all those pics was your guys classic SKEWERS. I couldn't stop laughing Bud
I know aren't those funny. Tiffany got those for her birthday.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: