Tuesday, November 21, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: danab
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1985

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 57
Total: 58
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: toyo22r > Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Reviews › Vendor/dealership Reviews › GMG Fabrications
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
GMG Fabrications
Review all local vendors here. One thread per vendor.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexVendor/dealership Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GMGFAB
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: GMG Fabrications Reply with quote

Hi Guys-
Thanks for all the feedback! It really is invaluable and I appreciate it very much.
The particular engine skid I did as a prototype was fitted for a 2007 FJ. It has a hole that allows you to drain the oil without needing to remove the skid. I have not gotten a chance to do a later model with the cartridge filter. Once I get a chance to look at one, I will definitely incorporate that into the design. Oil changes need to be simple and fast - should not have to take the skid on and off every time.
As for the material, I have found that 3/16" steel is just an all around great material for any kind offroad armor. I would love to offer other materials, such as AllPro's aluminum skids, but I am not set up to work aluminum just yet. I will be in the future for sure.
Once I get a few more prototypes of other skids done (shock skids, link skids, gas tank) I can start to offer different packages.
I am preparing to start the first batch of engine and transmission skids now. If you are interested in getting a set or just one or the other, please contact me either on the forum or via phone or email. I am also still looking for anyone that would like to let me use their truck as a model for link skids and shock skids.

Thank you guys, Keep the feedback and ideas coming.

Joe Giuliano

GMG Fabrications, LLC
P:480.861.3209
gmgfabrications @ gmail.com
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: GMG Fabrications Reply with quote

I already have link skids but I could potentially model some shock skids - as long as you don't mind that I will paint them orange (it's a thing I do). Not sure what you have in mind when you say "model" - just pop them on for some photos, or go use the hell out of them to show how well they work - I'm a better fit for the second thing.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: GMG Fabrications Reply with quote

I could use some rock rails for the wife's 4Runner that mimic the one's on the FJ, so I can also fit the N-Fab steps on them.

I also have an 07 FJ that would use some armor if you need a prototype to test on.

KD7YKB
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Photo Gallery
FatRat
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: GMG Fabrications Reply with quote

GMGFAB wrote:
I have not gotten a chance to do a later model with the cartridge filter. Once I get a chance to look at one, I will definitely incorporate that into the design.

Make sure you look real close at the 2010 and later models. The oil filter is not the only difference. I have brought this up several times only to have it fall on deaf ears. The radiator frame is different on the 2010 and up models that affects the fitment of the front skid, as well as the threaded mounting point is no longer on the frame as was the case for the older models.

Feel free to PM if you want more info.
1Louder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: GMG Fabrications Reply with quote

If you want to look at my skid let me know. In fact I need a hole cut in it because I am tired of removing and reinstalling at each oil change. Let me know. I have a 2011 FJ.

2011 Blue FJ
Mods:
AZFJ Sticker, CB Install, Dash iPad Mount, Dual USB Ports, Expeditioneers Skid Plates, Cooper STT Pro tires, OME Lift Kit, solar, HAM Radios, blah and blah....
CeeFish
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: GMG Fabrications Reply with quote

ZZMikey has had his [O I II] skid modified for oil filter. You should get with him and get measurements.

Bliss is interested in doing ASAP as well...She has the same front skid.
GMGFAB
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: GMG Fabrications Reply with quote

Hi all,
If anyone needs their existing skids modified I would be happy to help. You can give me a call or shoot me an email and we can get the modification done.

Thank you guys!

Joe Giuliano

GMG Fabrications, LLC
P:480.861.3209
gmgfabrications @ gmail.com
CeeFish
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: GMG Fabrications Reply with quote

Email sent Joe.

Thanks,
Mark
BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: GMG Fabrications Reply with quote

I have a 2012 that you could take a look at. It needs a set of skids.

K9OL
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: GMG Fabrications Reply with quote

I have a 2013 that you could use.... I have a 2nd vehicle so I could leave the FJ with you for a bit...
PureStreet
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: GMG Fabrications Reply with quote

Still making skids?
TOY4WD
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: GMG Fabrications Reply with quote

I let Joe take a grinder and welder to my 2015 4runner today and do a body mount chop. It looks factory. Great job Joe. Thanks. I'm going to have him design and build a custom set of sliders here really soon.
PureStreet
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: GMG Fabrications Reply with quote

Just want to go on the record and say that Joe does a great job, is easy to work with, and doesn't kill you on price (although he probably could as his work is worth it).

He straightened out my smashed rear LCA's and plated them so I don't have future issues. He also fabricated my skid plate which looks the part but I've yet to test.

Hoping to work with him when I get all my long travel shit ready to go.
FJFEVER
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: GMG Fabrications Reply with quote

Joe, can you fabricate the rear lower shock "pin" for the FJ? It's the mounting point for the shock that's welded into the bracket. Steve

195,162 FINAL MILES. DOA AFTER ROLLOVER.
NEXT CHAPTER...232,000 miles
SterlingFJ
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: GMG Fabrications Reply with quote

I'm new to the forum, but have had my FJ for a couple of years. Came here specifically to find a recommended fabricator for some additional cutting on the body mounts.

I shot Joe an email on Monday and he responded the same day. I left my truck with him yesterday and he completed the work in a few hours. The BMC looks good and serves its purpose. Pricing was fair and I'd recommend GMG to anyone looking for a fabricator.

Additionally, I think it is a great thing to support small business and even better when we have this resource is in our backyard. Thanks again Joe.

-SterlingFJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Vendor/dealership Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: