Saturday, June 23, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: JohnnyOutlaw
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2027

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 129
Total: 129
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Reviews › Vendor/dealership Reviews › GMG Fabrications
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
GMG Fabrications
Review all local vendors here. One thread per vendor.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexVendor/dealership Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ATFJ1991
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: GMG Fabrications Reply with quote

I'm in desperate need of rear shock skids and rear LCA skids. Would be awesome to see a local guy making those again.

Give me a shout, would love to go on a photo run. I photograph architecture for a living but photograph cars for fun, would love to add your rig to my portfolio.

www.flickr.com/photos/aaron_flores/
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: GMG Fabrications Reply with quote

RTT Plat form for mounting on a
n off road trailer

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
GMGFAB
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: GMG Fabrications Reply with quote

I would love to make a set of LCA skids and rear shock skids. If you are interested, let me know and we can fab up a couple.

Joe

GMG Fabrications

P: 480.861.3209
gmgfabrications @ gmail.com
glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: GMG Fabrications Reply with quote

Do you have a shop? Or do you work from your house?

GMGFAB
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: GMG Fabrications Reply with quote

Right now I am working from my shop at home. I hope to be in a bigger shop by this time next year. Just finished a set of rock sliders for a gentleman here on AZFJ. They turned out great! Looking forward to making more.

Joe

GMG Fabrications
P: 480.861.3209
gmgfabrications @ gmail.com

Check us out on Facebook!
www.facebook.com/pages...015?ref=hl
Rastarider
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: GMG Fabrications Reply with quote

My wife loves Rotties but I prefer GSDs

AZRich
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: GMG Fabrications Reply with quote

I had Joe fab a box for my Gobi stealth roof rack and it came out great! It mounts to the bolts on the front legs of the rack and it is very sturdy. It's made out of 1/8" steel and he put a lock on it and painted it for me. I'll use it to put ratchet straps, bungee cords and other tools that I don't need clogging up the inside of the FJ. I felt it was a good use of wasted roof rack space too since there is no mesh floor in this area.

Joe was great to work with and finished this project faster than I expected. I'm having him make me some skid plates towards the end of next month and I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out. Thanks, Joe!
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: GMG Fabrications Reply with quote

Dude didn't you just negate the radar avoidance profile of the 'Stealth' rack

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
AZRich
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: GMG Fabrications Reply with quote

Quite possibly! But maybe now people will spot me and wave. The stealth rack had to be the reason no one ever sees me!
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: GMG Fabrications Reply with quote

What do you keep in the box?

AZRich
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: GMG Fabrications Reply with quote

I'll be putting straps, bungee cords, carabiners, small tools, etc. in there. Basically stuff I need for securing gear on the roof.
NathansLola
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: GMG Fabrications Reply with quote

I think i'm like the sixth person to ask, but I would also be game for some Skids Smile

AZRich
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: GMG Fabrications Reply with quote

NathansLola wrote:
I think i'm like the sixth person to ask, but I would also be game for some Skids Smile

Joe got some measurements from my FJ last week. I'm scheduled to take it back to him for final tweaking and fabricating the week of August 24-28. I'm doing engine, tranny and lower front control arm skids.
K9OL
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: GMG Fabrications Reply with quote

I was below the rig today installing a Boztec Rear Diff.... I could definitely use some skids. I would be interested in seeing what he comes up with & price.
Splagg
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: GMG Fabrications Reply with quote

Probably going to jump on this bandwagon too, Joe! Discount for repeat customer? It will be a bit before I can drop the coin for them but you'll be a seasoned pro at whipping these things out by then.

Cheers,
Dan

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Vendor/dealership Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: