Saturday, October 20, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Sequoiacrawler
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2058

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 161
Total: 162
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: OverlandBandits > Home

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › AZFJ Meet and Greet - August, 2015
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
AZFJ Meet and Greet - August, 2015
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday Night, August 14 Reply with quote

I lost my hotel contact as that hotel was sold, so wouldn't be able to be here unless the price doubled per person, which would make it a bit expensive

We could still look at doing something, but wouldn't be nearly like this with the video, meal, raffle, etc...

We would have to find a different location

CRAZYJOHN
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday Night, August 14 Reply with quote

TOY4WD wrote:
Hey Mikey, Is there going to be a 2016 3rd annual Meet and Greet? Sorry if this topic was brought up and discussed on facebook. I do not have Facebook so I may have missed it. This event has been really cool the last couple years. Only suggestion would be to make this happen late sept or october to maybe avoid the monsoon swampass factor of mid august.
I agree

BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday Night, August 14 Reply with quote

What kind of equipment, facilities, etc would you need Mikey?

zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday Night, August 14 Reply with quote

Well, if we want to repeat something similar to how we have done in the past, we would need a banquet hall, hotel, etc... with F&B and AV capabilities for $20 or under per person.

Doesn't have to be that way though - we could certainly modify the event and meet at Kiwanis Park etc, and maybe do like a BBQ and make a bit less formal

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday Night, August 14 Reply with quote

I have an giant outdoor screen and projector
No good audio though

Agree on the swamp ass Temps

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday Night, August 14 Reply with quote

I'd have to talk to the ones that are actually in charge of me aka the parentals. I know I'm a ways from everyone but there are a couple of things I do have. Aka massive projector screen we used to hang out back and have summer movie nights. Plenty of room for a plethora of camp chairs and I have a lot of tables. Stadium lights around the back yard. We move a large almost full surround sound set up out back with the projector. We have a grill although a second would probably be good. We have a half acre dirt lot that would serve well as a mini show and functions as our party parking lot. Not to mention the air conditioned game room which could act as an escape from heat or entertain kids. Not video games but like the real deal old school stuff. If crown King was planned the following day my house is about 30- 40 minutes from the air down spot. I can usually make it from my house to the diner in about 3 hours. But that's one vehicle. To fit that many people with the screen and projector it would pretty much be in the back yard (all grass) and trust me there's room. I'm sure we can get someone to do the grilling. But in the end it's gonna depend on my schedule and what the parents say. No offense but I can't just invite 100 people over that I don't really know without consulting them first.

4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday Night, August 14 Reply with quote

ProjectTitus wrote:
..... No offense but I can't just invite 100 people over that I don't really know without consulting them first.

Well you "CAN", but things may get a bit "uncomfortable".. Wink

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
Homedad
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday Night, August 14 Reply with quote

My crib?

It's been ten years...I can probably get away with another.
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday Night, August 14 Reply with quote

Homedad wrote:
My crib?

good by me... then I don't need to do any planning Smile

Maybe we can do another version of Wheeling 101 afterwards or something

Finn
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday Night, August 14 Reply with quote

zzmikey wrote:
Homedad wrote:
My crib?

On my way over! Oh wait this is a future event. I'm in!

I'd be happy to pitch in to help cover the cost of food and drinks!

4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday Night, August 14 Reply with quote

zzmikey wrote:
Homedad wrote:
My crib?

Ooohhhhh... Or maybe some Wheeling 666: how good is everyone's winch.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday Night, August 14 Reply with quote

4GaugeSurprise wrote:
zzmikey wrote:
Homedad wrote:
My crib?

Ooohhhhh... Or maybe some Wheeling 666: how good is everyone's winch.
Now I'm in

Grinder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday Night, August 14 Reply with quote

I'm in for that.

Dravur
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday Night, August 14 Reply with quote

How about a BBQ and wheeling? Oh... and I may be back in an FJ soon... a teaser.
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday Night, August 14 Reply with quote

NEED OPINION FOR 2017
Hello All-

seems like it's time to do another Meet and Greet! maybe combine the Facebook peeps with the forum peeps and get everyone mingling again.

As stated above, I lost my contact with the Sheraton Tempe, but I do have a contact for another local hotel and could do something very similar and at a very similar price for the dinner ($19 including Tax and gratuity for buffet dinner and non-alc beverage). I could also provide hotel rooms again at a very reasonable price for those that need.

As in the past we could do the Meet and Greet on a Friday night, and then do some kind of wheeling event on the following Saturday morning. That way the peeps form Tucson and he north could come down/up and make it worth their while.

I am looking at Friday July 21 or 28.

Anyone interested? if so, I will start a new thread with details, etc...

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21

Jump to: