Friday, August 18, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: RideAndHover
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1960

People Online:
Members: 2
Visitors: 41
Total: 43
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: Finn > Home
02: zzmikey > Home

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › AZFJ Meet and Greet - August, 2015
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
AZFJ Meet and Greet - August, 2015
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject: AZFJ Meet and Greet - August, 2015 Reply with quote

Last year, we had another meet and greet at my old restaurant "Fire + Spice" at the Sheraton Tempe by the Phoenix Airport.

Here is a link to that event:
http://azfj.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9763&highlight=azfj+meet+greet

Here was the video we showed at the dinner
www.youtube.com/playli...4gphc_0QrY

It was a great time to meet folks you didn't know, see each others trucks, socialize etc...

We ended up having over 50 trucks and nearly 100 people and was a great time!

We have had so many new members recently, and some of the vets have faded a little bit that I think its time for another meet and greet to reconnect!

So, here is what I propose:

WHAT
Meet and greet at Sheraton Tempe for dinner
Friday Night - August 14
6:30pm start
Buffet served ($17 Inclusive for adults, $6 for kids) - cash is easiest for staff to collect at the event. Payment is due at the door for dinner

$69 rate for those that want to stay over

This will also allow those that want to come from Tucson/Flag a chance to enjoy as well and stay over if needed.

We will block off a section of the parking lot so we can all pose and gawk at our trucks together. It will be on the far east side of the building, right along 52nd St, in between the two entrance driveways to the hotel.

The hotel is right off the I-10 at Broadway and close to the 60 and 101, so pretty accessible.
www.sheratonphoenixairport.com/

WHAT #2
Additionally, we will do a wheeling adventure for Crown King for Saturday August 15th to make it worthwhile for the folks from Tucson/Flag to come up...and I PROMISE I wont get stuck this time Smile

We will leave the airdown spot at 9:00am (follow Castle Hot Springs Rd off Carefree Hwy and there is a designated air down spot). With a bunch of rigs would probably take us 5 hours to get to town and get there around mid-afternoon and you can have a meal at the Saloon or Mill for those that are interested.

Afterwards, those that want to can camp or stay in the whorehouse saloon in town.
Or, those that want can go back the normal way via I-17

official run info here
azfj.org/index.php?nam...ic&t=10953

IN FOR DINNER ON FRIDAY 8/14 (+ how many people?)
Zzmikey +2
Duner +1
Jimbolio +1
Bliss
CeeFish
Velociraptor +1
Jag +1ish
4Gauge +1
AZFJRay +1
Kelzfjgirl +2
Tibaal
AZFJToy +1
DerbyFJ +1
CampFJ +!
Mod_muscle +2
Cypher
Glider +1
FNJman +1
1Louder +1
Progolfer +3
Spaldam +4
Sl33p3r +1
Conejo +2
Sub4FJ
Wikid +1
Aurelius +1
RhynoFlyer +1
CrazyJohn +1
Yotes65 +1
Grinder +1
Blender
Sinisterone
Noxious +1
Roni13130 +1
Mod3rn +1
LesZmore
Azfj4ak +1
Rhnh92 +1
AzCruiser +2
Gunnermoose
SafetyHooker +1
Tuffy +1
Dave Munsterman +3
Splagg +2.5
Blacksh33p +3
Sonoran Steve +1
GMG Joe +1
AZviajero +1
Cactusman +1
AZbza
GMG Nick
GMG Colby
RC Maniac
Abdulfj
Yoshi + Tamami
Azminiman +1
Ff46

MAYBE
2 Screws
Abdul

HOTEL ROOM
kelzfjgirl
CampFJ
Mod_Muscle
Velociraptor
CrazyJohn
Leszmore
Jimbolio
Azfj4ak
Splagg

IN FOR CROWN KING ON SATURDAY 8/15
Zzmikey
Jimbolio
Velociraptor
4Gauge
Kelzfjgirl
CampFJ
Glider
FNJMan
DerbyFJ
Sl33p3r
Conejo
Sub4FJ
Aurelius
Thunderklees
Grinder
Sinisterone
Noxious
Roni13130
Mod3rn
Leszmore
Rhnh92
AzCruiser
SafetyHooker
Splagg
Blacksh33p
Sonoran Steve
GMG Joe
azviajero
Noxious1
Abdulfj

MAYBE
Duner
Bliss
AZFJRay
AZFJToy
Mod_Muscle
Cypher
1Louder
Wikid
RhynoFlyer
2 Screws
Dravur
Tuffy
Abduk

LAST EVENT BEFORE LAST EVENT
azfj.org/index.php?nam...ce&start=0

MISC ADDITIONAL INFO

General Info
There will be blocked off parking for all our trucks - It will be on the far east side of the building, right along 52nd St, in between the two entrance driveways to the hotel. First Come, First serve. After dinner, it was fun for everyone to go outside and look at each other's rigs, check everything out. Was like a mini car show Smile

When you get there, walk into the hotel and go towards the Ballroom. There will be a check-in registration desk. Please pay for you and your party.
IT IS CASH ONLY.
Please come prepared, there is an ATM if you need it in the hotel.

Ballroom opens at 6pm and food is served at 6:15pm

At the registration desk, you will also get a name tag - please ensure you pick it up so others can identify who you are. The whole point of this event is to "Meet and Greet" each other. Try to find someone new that you havent hung out with before as opposed to gravitating to the same group you normally do.

Also at the registration desk there will be stickers and t-shirts for sale, and possibility of raffle tickets (we are working on Sponsorships).

We are looking at a charitable component of this and donating proceeds from sticker, t-shirt, and raffle sales. Havent decided yet to whom - either someone like the Crown King Fire Dept (since we are up there so much) and we could even present them with cash the next day. Or, we can make a contribution to the AZHOVC.

Stickers
We will have AZFJ Stickers at the event. They will cost $5 each. 100% of the proceeds will goto charity

T-shirts
Mod3rn will be making T-Shirts for this event. They will be pretty cool AZFJ T-Shirts that wont be specific to the event but a bit more generic. That way we can always have them and sell them ongoing outside of just this event as well. A portion of the proceeds will goto charity, just like the stickers.

The T-shirts they made from the Border Run were awesome and of good quality and there are male and female. Again, CASH ONLY at the event (or paypal).

He also has 10-12 t-shirts left over from the Border Run that folks can buy if you like.

AZFJ Video
Please submit your pictures and videos from the past year. Mod3rn will be compiling and creating a video that we will show at the dinner. A great opportunity to be "immortalized" in film Smile

As a reminder, here is the thread of how/where to post. Lets get those pics and videos in!
azfj.org/index.php?nam...ic&t=11102

Crown King Run
As a reminder, here is the specific thread with all the info. Please sign up if you havent yet
azfj.org/index.php?nam...ic&t=11187

Raffle/Sponsorship
More info to come on this. Dont want it to be the focus of the event or get crazy like the summit, but there may be a few things up for grabs. Hold tight as more info comes.

HAM Info
Ever wondered what all the big deal was about HAM and what the heck is it other than a delicious soium filled non-kosher meat?

Cypher (and maybe Yoshi!) will take a few minutes to explain what it is, tell as story, and maybe even announce an upcoming test site and certification for those that are interested.

"New England Patriots - 2017 Superbowl Champs!"

Last edited by zzmikey on Tue May 09, 2017 8:06 am; edited 78 times in total
duner
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday Night, August 14 Reply with quote

In for dinner and maybe for CK, two for dinner!
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday Night, August 14 Reply with quote

Mikey, you getting stuck is the reason we would come! That was the best demonstration of a recovery with multiple winches, snatch blocks, High lifts, too many cooks, and brute force I have been a part of.

I'd be IN of course for both. Maybe even a +1 with two legs.

2014 Goodness wrote:
In case anyone was waiting on pics, I put mine up under the two separate links.

CROWN KING RUN > s1287.photobucket.com/...ing%202014

MEET & GREET > s1287.photobucket.com/...0n%20Greet

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Bliss
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday Night, August 14 Reply with quote

Mark and I are in for dinner Smile

I am a maybe for Crown King....is your passenger seat open?

Velociraptor
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday Night, August 14 Reply with quote

I'm IN for dinner and run next day.

BitCrazy
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday Night, August 14 Reply with quote

Last year was much fun! We are at maybe at this point for both.

Maltajo wrote:
For the inaugural run of AZFJ Tucson Second Saturday Runs, in honor of the mother of this invention...
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday Night, August 14 Reply with quote

Bliss wrote:
I am a maybe for Crown King....is your passenger seat open?

Maybe, depends if Jake comes. If not, then of course its yours.

that being said, you can absolutely drive Crown King Rachel. Every obstacle has bypasses if you don't feel comfortable with anything, and its a good trail to try some stuff on

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday Night, August 14 Reply with quote

Rachel, this is the trail you bought your FJ for. It's a must do.
BTW, That obstacle Mikey is on is NOT what I bought MY FJ for. I have always gone around that.

Mikey, I'm gonna try to get Lisa to come. (+1)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Jagaliscious
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday Night, August 14 Reply with quote

In for dinner; unfortunately, I can't commit to Saturday due to school.

Please add Pauly as a maybe for dinner--I don't plan on him being here, but just in case....

Angry_Tim wrote:
I have a nice crack about 8 inches long

Johanlee wrote:
Correctly grasp the narrow mountain road.
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday Night, August 14 Reply with quote

Jagaliscious wrote:
In for dinner; unfortunately, I can't commit to Saturday due to school.

Please add Pauly as a maybe for dinner--I don't plan on him being here, but just in case....

Dani too?

zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday Night, August 14 Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
BTW, That obstacle Mikey is on is NOT what I bought MY FJ for. I have always gone around that.

I have gotten stuck on it 5 times, and made it up successfully 5 times.

Ironically, I think Marcus is the one who tugged me up all 5 times I got stuck Smile

Bliss
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday Night, August 14 Reply with quote

I know the trail and have run it a couple of times. Just not into taking my truck on it until I upgrade my suspension. Think pogo stick

AZFJRay
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday Night, August 14 Reply with quote

I'm IN for dinner and a good maybe for CK.

zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday Night, August 14 Reply with quote

AZFJRay wrote:
I'm IN for dinner and a good maybe for CK.

by yourself or + Allison?

kelzfjgirl
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: AZFJ Meet and Greet - Friday Night, August 14 Reply with quote

I'm in!!! 2 for dinner...hotel....and crown king! How do I sign up?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 1 of 21

Jump to: