Friday, July 28, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: kyle.hoefer
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1949

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 80
Total: 81
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: zzmikey > Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › Member Buildups › Ole Lola
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Ole Lola
Please share with the community what you've done to your truck and anything else you've learned getting there.
Go to page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NathansLola
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: Ole Lola Reply with quote

ll start this out with hopefully knowing how to upload a picture. So this is the day I drove her home from the dealership. July 2012.
[img][/img]

NathansLola
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Ole Lola Reply with quote

So I bought Lola over mid tour week and got to spend all of one week with her before I had to go back :/ I got back to the US (if you can call Alaska the US) in November of 2012 and my parents were kind enough to drive her from Idaho Falls to Seattle to get shipped. That's when the fun started.

En route back from Afghan Land I ordered my first few things for her. Got some Double Standard Method Race Wheels and a Warrior Products front bumper from 4Wheelparts.com. Before that big ass crate arrived, I ordered the Toytec 3" Ultimate lift with OME Medium front coils (I think thats right, its been a long time).

First thing that got put on was the Lift, I don't have any pictures of the install but it was done by a buddy of mine while I did the hard work of watching and passing a cold beverage on occasion. He received about 60 dollars in steel AR magazines.Here is after the lift was done.

About a week after I got my lift on, Sears got my Wrangler Duratrac 285/75/17s in. They did the mounting and balancing.

Next up was the Bumper. I chose it due to the fact that is was fairly beefy, and yet light weight compared to most others of similar look.

Also painted the grill while the front bumper was off. (later redone with plasti-dip because it was chipping) also knocked out the mirrors and handles sometime around then.

That was all that I did in Alaska. Then the 4000 mile drive to AZ!

K9OL
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Ole Lola Reply with quote

Would love to check out that front bumper sometime... I'm currently researching for a front bumper & I prefer to see them in person. Never been one to buy anything online without seeing an item first.
NathansLola
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Ole Lola Reply with quote

yotes65 wrote:
Would love to check out that front bumper sometime... I'm currently researching for a front bumper & I prefer to see them in person. Never been one to buy anything online without seeing an item first.
When ever you want! Tuesdays, Thursday after 1700 Wednesday, Friday after 1200. Just PM me when you want and we can meet or I'll send you my address.

NathansLola
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Ole Lola Reply with quote

After my first run with the group I realized I needed two important, cheap things; communication and air. Here is my CB radio instal.

Rachel recommended the Uniden 520 Pro and Safety Hooker said he loves the Wilson 1000 or 5000 antennas. I like taking peoples advice.
I started by removing the seats and center console for easy access.
[/img]
Then drilled the bottome plug holes and the mounting bracket into the console.
I ran the wilson magnet mount wire down the sidewall rubber of the rear passenger door, under the floor mat and into the console.
Ran the power supply to the driver side fuse panel and used an add-a-fuse, ran the ground to the bolt right next to that.

Before everything went back together the floors and center console got a nice cleaning.

And finished with antenna on the roof.

NathansLola
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Ole Lola Reply with quote

Then I decided to make myself nervous.. The SNORKEL.

I ordered a PRG Snorkel in early February and it arrived in early March.
Start out with the typical disassembly of the fender wall. Lay the template out and pray to god that you have it lined up right. Tape and drill.

I thought I would be a lot more nervous going into it, but I drilled the first hole without even thinking about it, then its just easy after that one!

Install the snorkel, drill the self tapping screws into the pillar, called it a night. Went to Cactus Moon and was happily surprised to find that they had any pint on tap for $2!
The next morning th rubber air connecter went on just fine for me with a little dish soap, like someone previously recommended. PRG did however send me the wrong size metal ring clamps, 5 dollars at O'Reillys solved that. Picked up some fender well plastic thingys from Grinder and was all done!

Trounce (awesome meeting you!) was generous enough to give me the 4 1/4 inch hole saw with the promise I would pass it on. So whoever (or is it whomever?) needs it next, PM me.

NathansLola
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Ole Lola Reply with quote

Well, this happened about two months ago now. Joined that infamous roll club.

[img][/img]

It was what started out as a long day and turned into a really long day with one complete rotation. THANKFULLY EVERYONE WAS OKAY. Im not going to get into a lot of details but it happened up north on a little rock climbing trip. We had a YETI cooler strapped to the roof and that is basically what totaled it. (the YETI was fine)

[img][/img]

Anyway, about two weeks go buy and I get my insurance claim money and im ready for my next vehicle. I was pretty set on either a Toyota or a Subaru. Went to a bunch of dealers, checking Craigslist, and i just couldn't get an fj with the miles i wanted for the price i wanted.. No surprise there... So I started checking out tacos. found this one on craigslist and ended up walking away with it a few days later.

[img][/img]
[img][/img]

I am the proud new owner of a 2011 4x4 Tacoma! It already had a 1.5 inch lift up front, a bud built front skid, and a Frontrunner roofrack. Needless to say, im pretty stoked for the upgrades to come.

Also, when i get a bit more time, Ill be taking some pictures and throwing a Warrior Products front bumber, pure fj sliders, and my cargo box up on the classifieds. I have for FREE-- Rear head rest, stock sub, and probably a few other things ill have to dig around to find.

Last edited by NathansLola on Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Ole Lola Reply with quote

So where are you keeping the YETI cooler now?

KD7YKB
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Photo Gallery
NathansLola
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Ole Lola Reply with quote

spaldam wrote:
So where are you keeping the YETI cooler now?

Its home is the top shelf in the reloading room.

[img][/img]

glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Ole Lola Reply with quote

Wow glad to hear everyone is ok, holy shit.

azfj owners are the best
donkeypuncher
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Ole Lola Reply with quote

Holy shit.. glad youre ok. I would email this to yeti. Maybe Maybe get some free swag...

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Ole Lola Reply with quote

Wow man, so sorry to see another one go like this. Glad you guys are OK though. Taco on.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
azflycaster
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Ole Lola Reply with quote

Welcome to the club! I'm glad I'm no longer its newest member. Embarassed Did the seat belts bruise your shoulder? Be proud and brag and have no regrets! Your heart will race a little hard on your first tough trail run but it returns to normal after a few! Wink

Bliss
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Ole Lola Reply with quote

Yikes! I am so glad everyone is o.k. That looks gnarly. Hope to see you on the trail in your Taco.

AZCruiser
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Ole Lola Reply with quote

Maybe Yeti should go into the roll cage business. Good thing nobody got hurt. Nice beer stickers by the way!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Member Buildups All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: