Tuesday, September 19, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: petertohen
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1970

People Online:
Members: 2
Visitors: 79
Total: 81
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: calichaos > Forums
02: FJCrusher > Your Account

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Reviews › Vendor/dealership Reviews › Simple Tire dot Com
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Simple Tire dot Com
Review all local vendors here. One thread per vendor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexVendor/dealership Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CeeFish
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Simple Tire dot Com Reply with quote

Found this site by chance...Took a chance and it paid off! Smile

285/75/16 Hankook MT's for $166.99/ea
Shipping @ $121.54

Total = $789.50 (no tax) to me in Mesa.

Tires arrived today. Hankook 285/75/16 MT's as ordered. All new with stickers.

DOT dates of 42/13 (42nd week of 2013)

I'll have one of the guys at 4WP mount and balance for beer money.

I have a 6th tire as backup in the garage if I need a replacement.

Wink
Angry_Tim
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Simple Tire dot Com Reply with quote

So let's say you didn't have a backup, do they sell a warranty? If so what then? Send the tire back and wait for a replacement? Most do not work at a place that can rotate tires, now you have to pay for that every 5k miles? Repairs if needed? Pay for that as well? Most are going to pay more then beer money for balance and mounting, add another $100 minimum to the cost.

Nice price but I'll buy local. I've damaged two tires so far, went back to the store and got a new tire, same day. Free rotations and repairs as well.

i'm glad i figured out your shaft was already f'ed up
CeeFish
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Simple Tire dot Com Reply with quote

Touche Tim... Wink

Holes can be found in any argument, or reasoning.

I posted my findings and savings. YMMV.

I'd love to be able to offer the members of this forum a warranty on Hankook tires, but we don't sell them at 4WP. I was simply (lol) letting people know of another avenue for tires if they are looking.

We DO sell BFG KM2's...you should check us out for our extreme warranty (cheaper than discount tire) as it seems you'll need them with your tire choice Razz

...Even if I didn't have a backup tire, the savings mentioned (above) would pay for a brand new tire at retail price if one was needed...without the cost of a road hazard warranty from Discount Tire.

Rotations and repairs can be had for next to nothing at any tire shop.
Angry_Tim
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Simple Tire dot Com Reply with quote

Just playing devil's advocate.

Quite happy with my tire choice, but thanks for the concern.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Simple Tire dot Com Reply with quote

Angry_Tim wrote:
So let's say you didn't have a backup, do they sell a warranty? If so what then? Send the tire back and wait for a replacement? Most do not work at a place that can rotate tires, now you have to pay for that every 5k miles? Repairs if needed? Pay for that as well? Most are going to pay more then beer money for balance and mounting, add another $100 minimum to the cost.

Nice price but I'll buy local. I've damaged two tires so far, went back to the store and got a new tire, same day. Free rotations and repairs as well.

I have 5 certificates from Discount on my Hankooks. Last time I rotated em there were slashes on one in the sidewall. I said replace. They said..If they hold air they don't get replaced. Not wanting to argue they are still on the truck.

Now the Driver front has a slow leak. I'm gonna push it next time. It should be more a 'no questions asked' deal than it is. I'm not happy about it.

IMHO the benefit to Discount is the free no hassle tire rotations, which are nice.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Simple Tire dot Com Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
Angry_Tim wrote:

I have 5 certificates from Discount on my Hankooks. Last time I rotated em there were slashes on one in the sidewall. I said replace. They said..If they hold air they don't get replaced. Not wanting to argue they are still on the truck.

Now the Driver front has a slow leak. I'm gonna push it next time. It should be more a 'no questions asked' deal than it is. I'm not happy about it.

IMHO the benefit to Discount is the free no hassle tire rotations, which are nice.
Not to derail the topic - Jimbolio; if there is anything ever wrong with a sidewall (more than cosmetic), if the slash goes down to the cords, you should insist that it poses a significant safety risk and insist that the shop, now having full awareness of the situation, can and will be held responsible in the event of a failure. You should probably word it in a more polite tone but bottom line is that many tire shop managers would much rather replace the tire and sell you a new cert than take the liability of sending the customer out on the road with a damaged sidewall. But if it was just a surface scratch, may not bee any real threat.

Back on Topic: I have heard of many people purchasing new tires "wherever" then heading right down to DT and being able to buy certs for them. I have not tried this, not sure if all locations will do it but it may be worth a try - IF you think the certs are worth it (I do). As for repairing a flat - any DT will do this FREE no matter where you purchased the tire. As long as the puncture isn't too close to the sidewall or some other damage exists - DT will patch it properly and FREE.
Whatever route you take, it's nice to know the options.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
fjlarry
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Simple Tire dot Com Reply with quote

Discount sold me certs for our Edge. Factory Michelins are expensive and I would rather deal with Discount than the Ford dealer. Certs for 4 tires and lifetime rotation and balance was only $132. Cheap insurance in my book.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Simple Tire dot Com Reply with quote

I'm not finding the MT's on this site, is there a special search parameter or magic incantation that must be uttered?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
CeeFish
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Simple Tire dot Com Reply with quote

4Gauge, I've purchased certs from DT on tires not purchased there in the past. Not sure if I'll go that route this time or not.

Jim, we don't sell tires on AZFJ...just sayin...
Angry_Tim
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Simple Tire dot Com Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
I'm not finding the MT's on this site, is there a special search parameter or magic incantation that must be uttered?

You can find some of the dumbest pictures on the interwebs but can't find tires on a site that sells tires?

simpletire.com/catalog...t=1&page=2

conejo
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: Simple Tire dot Com Reply with quote

Angry_Tim wrote:
Jimbolio wrote:

You can find some of the dumbest pictures on the interwebs but can't find tires on a site that sells tires?

KF7YII
spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: Simple Tire dot Com Reply with quote

Thats the funniest thing I've read all day!

KD7YKB
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Photo Gallery
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: Simple Tire dot Com Reply with quote

Angry_Tim wrote:
Jimbolio wrote:

I walked into that one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Vendor/dealership Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: