Wednesday, May 23, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: LandCruiserSteve
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2016

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 118
Total: 118
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › 4x4 Tech › Wiring Schematic for Alarm System w/ Remote Start
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Wiring Schematic for Alarm System w/ Remote Start
Howtos, reviews, and gear questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Wiring Schematic for Alarm System w/ Remote Start Reply with quote

So the wife got me a Python alarm system (12th anniversary) with remote start, and a hundred other bells and whistles on it. I've installed much more basic alarm systems before, but this thing is complex with an extra module, and a bunch of wires for all kinds of connections.

Anyone have some schematics or knowledge of what wires on the FJ connect to which wires on the alarm system? I'd prefer not to screw this up, and the places I called want over $200 for install, which is about twice what the wife paid for the alarm.

KD7YKB
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Photo Gallery
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Wiring Schematic for Alarm System w/ Remote Start Reply with quote

This may be way overkill but:

www.lastgreatroadtrip....iagram.pdf

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Wiring Schematic for Alarm System w/ Remote Start Reply with quote

Thanks, but I already have that.

I also found these:
www.commandocaralarms..../1983.html

www.the12volt.com/inst...?TID=83096

I just need to figure out how to get those to match up with this:

www.directeddealers.co...07web_.pdf

KD7YKB
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Photo Gallery
pazzo_fj
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Wiring Schematic for Alarm System w/ Remote Start Reply with quote

Not long ago I was looking to do the same thing, but never got around pulling the trigger. I searched for docs on how to install it in a FJ and found exactly what you have. I've installed alarms in other cars and always had to break out the volt meter and find the wires. The second link gives you a pretty good start on the wires and locations. You will just need to confirm with a volt meter. Sometimes two sets of eyes are better than one. Let me know if you need some help. I have a soldering iron and solder if you need one.

spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:45 am    Post subject: Re: Wiring Schematic for Alarm System w/ Remote Start Reply with quote

Thanks Ed. Some help would be appriciated. I'm not sure when I'm going to get to it. The wife's out this weekend, so I'm stuck with kids; unless I can get them to play nicely outside while I work on the FJ. That's probably a tall order.

KD7YKB
FJHavoc
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Wiring Schematic for Alarm System w/ Remote Start Reply with quote

Do you not have the books that came with the alarm and remote start module?

That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.
-William Shakespeare
pazzo_fj
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Wiring Schematic for Alarm System w/ Remote Start Reply with quote

Were you able to make any progress this weekend?

spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Wiring Schematic for Alarm System w/ Remote Start Reply with quote

FJHavoc wrote:
Do you not have the books that came with the alarm and remote start module?

I have all the books that came with it. The wiring diagram is basically the same thing as in the link. There's also an Owner's Guide that talks about how to use and program all the different features. Some features apparently can only be programmed with a special "Bitwriter" tool that interfaces with it, so I guess I'm stuck with the defaults on some things.

edlparker3 wrote:
Were you able to make any progress this weekend?

I haven't made any progress. I had the kids all weekend while mommy was at Timeout for Women. And I also get to work from home tomorrow as the kids get the day off from school. The wife's also going to want to go house shopping this weekend, and next weekend is my kids birthday.

So maybe I can get it all researched and prepare to get it done on the 29th.

KD7YKB
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> 4x4 Tech All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: