Thursday, June 29, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Mrjoel326
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1943

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 29
Total: 29
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › Member Buildups › My 4x4 toaster.
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
My 4x4 toaster.
Please share with the community what you've done to your truck and anything else you've learned getting there.
Go to page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dominic
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: My 4x4 toaster. Reply with quote

URD Stage 2 review.

What did I buy? I elected to go with the total package, obviously I went with the stage 2 clutch and the revised ToB, I also bought the somewhat unnecessary ARP hardware. What I did not buy was the lightened flywheel, the heavy stock is much better for engagement on the trail (IMO).

Why did I buy it? I had death chirp, sometimes super loud, sometimes quite. I am the kind of guy who cannot stand to have something not properly working on my truck, I did some digging and looks like the revised ToB with the sleeve is the best fix, other than the dealership “fix” and I have read too many people that did that only to have the chirp return. If I was going to pay for them to open the clam I figured replace the clutch while in there. Decided to go with the URD kit, did find some good reviews but they were all on the Taco pages. I will note that my Toyota clutch itself was in great shape and I did keep it for a backup.

How much did everything cost?
Clutch-450
Revised ToB-190
ARP hardware-80
Install-600
Shipping-33
OEM slave-60- ended up not needing.

Results- So I get home from installing the clutch and hear a chirping sound…. I drop my head; son of a bish… that’s a real kick in the ass I thought.. then it stops, I look up, it starts again, I look around and realize there is a bird staring at me from the fence across the street, chirping like crazy. I’ve totally lost it at this point, laughing like a lunatic, alone in my truck sitting in my drive way. LOL. It clutch is in fact now totally silent, VERY smooth pedal engagement, 10%ish stiffer, grabs hard. When driving the clutch requires very little gas to engage the clutch smoothly out of first. The peddle “throw” is around 10% shorter, all and all I love it! I have around 500 miles on it 300 stop and go and it just keeps getting smoother. (still babying it until break in is over) I am super happy and ready to add Gadget at URD to my Jelly of the mouth club for x-mas!

Homedad
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: My 4x4 toaster. Reply with quote

Fill the damn bird feeder Smile

Dominic
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: My 4x4 toaster. Reply with quote

Got some pizza cutters. 255/85/16 Toyo open country/ super smooth and quite. So far love them. Going up north (forest road 300) around the rim this weekend so I will be able to see how they do offroad.

CeeFish
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: My 4x4 toaster. Reply with quote

Is this you Dominic? Spotted by another....

www.facebook.com/photo...=1&theater
KaJeep
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: My 4x4 toaster. Reply with quote

FR300 may still be closed FYI.

Dominic
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: My 4x4 toaster. Reply with quote

Spoke with ranger station and it is opening on friday. =)

CeeFish I see your truck often around rural and southern.

Followed the FB link but didnt take me to a thread just my FB page, but its probably me. lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Member Buildups All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: