Tuesday, November 21, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: danab
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1985

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 86
Total: 86
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › Member Buildups › My 4x4 toaster.
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
My 4x4 toaster.
Please share with the community what you've done to your truck and anything else you've learned getting there.
Go to page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dominic
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: My 4x4 toaster. Reply with quote

Just getting started, my 08 Brick with 85k and all the important buttons. Added sliders and the Toytec Boss lift, currently running no front sway bar and love it feel. Still on 265/75/16 km2, will upgrade if they every run out of tread. This is a one owner truck and runs awesome. Slight squeak from TOB every now and then, pump clutch goes away... hopefully it just needs to be greased.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: My 4x4 toaster. Reply with quote

the TOB needs replaced. That's a known issue. I had mine done at 80K.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Dominic
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: My 4x4 toaster. Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
the TOB needs replaced. That's a known issue. I had mine done at 80K.

Lol, I have read all the threads, it is quite 99% of the time... I perform a voodoo ritual around the truck at night hoping it will be fine. I am out of warranty so when the time comes thinking about using this PMD with an oem clutch or spec stage 1 does this package come with a good TOB?...

Any thoughts on this or does this come across as the ramblings of of a mad man?

What do you think total install cost on something like would be? Trusted shops?

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: My 4x4 toaster. Reply with quote

We pretty much are all out of warranty when it comes time to replace the clutch. Sucks to be an MT6 in that situation. And yes, everyone will tell you you are a Mad man for driving a stick.

BTW
those tires look HOT on your FJ.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Dominic
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: My 4x4 toaster. Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
We pretty much are all out of warranty when it comes time to replace the clutch. Sucks to be an MT6 in that situation. And yes, everyone will tell you you are a Mad man for driving a stick.

BTW
those tires look HOT on your FJ.

Yeah, probably going to order the spec stage 1 clutch and sit on it till its needed, right now there is no grinding in the peddle and the squeak is rare... but I know its coming. I love my M/T, many say wheeling an auto is easier, however I have had no issues wheeling my m/t, love it.

I also have loosely come to the conclusion that it is a better situation to have full time AWD when not running a front sway bar, at least from an on road performance stand point, less pushing in corners. Just my .02

Yeah, these tires have been great so far, e load, ftw

[img][/img]

Last edited by Dominic on Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: My 4x4 toaster. Reply with quote

I like the ability to disconnect power from the wheels at will. THAT comes in handy when wheeling. I may not be a smooth as some of the AT guys, but I sure have a lot of fun trying to get where everyone else does.

<<<JIMBOLIO THE POSTOHOLIC GET'S TO 7,500 POSTS!

mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: My 4x4 toaster. Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:

<<<JIMBOLIO THE POSTOHOLIC GET'S TO 7,500 POSTS!

Hee hee! Just teasing you Jim!
Dominic
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: My 4x4 toaster. Reply with quote

Was squeaking like I owe it money this morning.... Getting ready to drive to big bear on Thursday morning, is this something I should worry about. Squeak would go away with when I pumped the clutch, then come back.

How much should I worry about this? Is this something I should get fixed before I go? Any recommended shops?

Dominic
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: My 4x4 toaster. Reply with quote

Had a wonderful weekend wheeling various trails off forest road 300, camped next to the rim, whisky, horseshoes, meat cooked over fire and endless trails. Twas a good one.

Last edited by Dominic on Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:43 am; edited 2 times in total
azflycaster
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: My 4x4 toaster. Reply with quote

Nice...

Dominic
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: My 4x4 toaster. Reply with quote

Ordering this next, with the arp hardware and the revised TOB. Anyone running this, any feedback?

urdusa.com/store/Clutc...3bfedd2bd3

Dominic
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: My 4x4 toaster. Reply with quote

Well its all been ordered, going to have Desert Rat install it this week... Any suggestion on where to get this installed? Any reason not to use desert rat? Whats the normal cost to resurface a flywheel? I was quoted 4.5 hours for the job.

Side note "Auto crafters" quoted me almost 1400 for install? Shocked LOL

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: My 4x4 toaster. Reply with quote

I paid about $900 at the Stealership, for parts AND labor with OEM parts. PLUS they addressed all the TOB problems and exchanged the diff fluids.

Dominic
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: My 4x4 toaster. Reply with quote

Yeah, Desert Rat charges 75 bucks an hour and is charging 4.5, so that's like 335, plus parts and oem extras I should be around 1200 for everything, not super impressed with my oem clutch so far, hope the urd unit is an upgrade over oem. We will see.

Dominic
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: My 4x4 toaster. Reply with quote

Dominic wrote:
Yeah, Desert Rat charges 75 bucks an hour and is charging 4.5, so that's like 335, plus parts and oem extras I should be around 1200 for everything, not super impressed with my oem clutch so far, hope the urd unit is an upgrade over oem. We will see.

So apparently after giving me a detailed quote I called to schedule an apt at Desert Rat out of no where they decided they don't install yota clutches any more.

So I drop off the beast at ADS, shop recommended by DR. Was really impressed with their shop and price was very close to the quote I originally got from DR. Should have truck back tomorrow with the new setup, color me excited.

www.automotivediagnost...lties.com/

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Member Buildups All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: